E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 3 dealers later..

11-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
2turboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 Space Grey

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
3 dealers later..

I was driving on the highway and did a pull in 4th gear and got the half engine... So when I got home I got my laptop and did some logs. I noticed I was way under target. I sent my logs to terry and he told me it would be a vac problem or boost leak

Target:15 Actual: 4-6psi.

I already had a cracked reservoir and lines before so I assumed 30ff Ill take it to the dealer and let them figure out what is going on since I checked all connections on my FMIC and CP.

So after going to two different dealers who claim nothing is wrong I took it to a small shop and found that I had a leaking boost solenoid which I witnessed leaking smoke myself.

WHat I dont get is why the dealer didnt find anything. I also noticed that when everything was good I would hear my turbos when I would get on it and let off in tunnels or next to a ledge. Now I dont hear my turbos at all which scares me.

I hope that changing out the boost solenoid will give me my boost back and be a cheap fix.
Appreciate 0