THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning TuningWerks "Flash tune" Unlocks hidden potential on the M235i & M135i

10-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

Lightbulb TuningWerks "Flash tune" Unlocks hidden potential on the M235i & M135i

Well folks the wait is finally over http://www.tuningwerk.de/ have finally unlocked the unlock-able encrypted M235i and M135i ECU !! Tuningwerks is the only company in the world at present to my knowledge that can actually flash tune the M135i and M235i and it only costs 1500 euro's to 360 HP.... but be warned peeps fuel pump upgrades are needed to reach this power level as well as a few other cooling bits potentially!! Several parameters in the factory ECU's calibration are optimised to my understanding and the Vmax is also removed as well .

After consulting Peter the owner and founder who I found extremely helpful and "pleasant" to deal with offers two tuning options for these models :

1. ECU is flashed via the OBD2 port at his facility
2. You can send in your ECU and he can bench flash

TuningWerks also offer a same day turn around on tunes or ECU's sent to there factory in Munich which is amazing service .....!

So folks the long wait is finally over the ECU has been cracked by Peter and his team at Tuningwerks !!

Call them today or email Peter Reith @ preith@tuningwerk.de

Everyone should get on this !!

Attached Images

Last edited by chaddy74; 10-31-2014 at 07:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Another week, another vaporware ECU flash out of a no-name tuner in Europe.

This will fade into oblivion like all the other threads once people realize there is no substance behind it all. However, I do hope I'm wrong.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
Roshi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 - MW, 6MT.

Quite the hike (or wait) for anyone not somewhat local. Peter is great deal with. Just sent my payment details for the Tuningwerk exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #4
boost82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post

This will fade into oblivion like all the other threads once people realize there is no substance behind it all. However, I do hope I'm wrong.
It really isn't that far fetched. All the tuners for VW/Audi do this. Only difference is the support, they have local dealer networks all over the US(APR, UNI, GIAC etc). There aren't any piggyback units on the gti's or B8 s4's for example and they have bosch ecu's. What they do is open them up, wipe them out then load their tune along with all the oem controls back on the ecu. From that point on you can be flashed obd because they change the encryption.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 12:07 AM   #5
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I can assure you this is no bull shit !! I actually pressed a few buttons with Peter and got completely hosed !!Im traveling to Germany next week for business and I will be loaded with my ECU in the suitcase and if Peter allows me to visit following my " I Dont believe comment" I will be returning to Australia with a flashed ECU to a mild safe spec tune !! Peter appears very knowledgeable but I now have some ground work to win back his trust following my comments and a semi argument with him !! I can assure you peeps tuningwerks can flash the ECU !!
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Chaddy - look fwd to reading your views on tuningwerks offering, once you've had time to test it, in comparison with other products you have used. PD
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
Tuningwerk
Rep
Drives: M235i RS

Thats not what we doing or recommend. It´s correct that we are able to write (like some other too) the ECU´s from the M235i. The M135i after July 2013 too. But in both cases not with every iStep version. Some times we have to change the iStep before, which we can do only if we have the car
in our garage. Just with the ECU we need a diag print from a BMW dealer with the installed iStep because not every iStep is comaptible with othe CU´s with a other software step. Writing a ECU without testing the car after remap is also not our favorite. So maybe we lose some money if i write this here, but it will be not fair if i don't tell the hole story.

Also we are not the heros nor we are the only company which is able to write F-Series BMW´s. Also we didn´t have cracked the BMW software! I´m sure that the large tuning software company´s like Flashtec, AlienTech, TechTec and so on will provide in the near future their new releases, that all
local tuners can do the same.

Next is, that we never recommend any power steps over 360hp with this N55B30A engines.

A other thing is, that a remap is maybe better then a tuning box, but please don´t forget that a remap can be overwritten by BMW if your car was there for service. I agree that a track tool should be written, but a street legal car if you are not close to our company means sending the ECU again even if we have time and do it at the same day, the customer will lose time. Also someone should dismount the ECU before and re fit it after we was sending it back.

I don´t want to be suggestive that we are not happy about orders from international customers, but in this case customers should think about twice.

Sorry for my bad English!

Thanks
Peter
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 10:56 AM   #8
mteele
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Peter, what is Tuningwerk's experience with the N55 motor when pushing it over the 360HP level? Are there just piston/rod issues that need to be addressed?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks Peter for you honest reply. I have a few questions if i may ...What parameters are and can be altered with your tuning option ? Do you feel the three companies you have listed above will be far away ? Local support is something which is important for many i guess .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningwerk View Post
Thats not what we doing or recommend. It´s correct that we are able to write (like some other too) the ECU´s from the M235i. The M135i after July 2013 too. But in both cases not with every iStep version. Some times we have to change the iStep before, which we can do only if we have the car
in our garage. Just with the ECU we need a diag print from a BMW dealer with the installed iStep because not every iStep is comaptible with othe CU´s with a other software step. Writing a ECU without testing the car after remap is also not our favorite. So maybe we lose some money if i write this here, but it will be not fair if i don't tell the hole story.

Also we are not the heros nor we are the only company which is able to write F-Series BMW´s. Also we didn´t have cracked the BMW software! I´m sure that the large tuning software company´s like Flashtec, AlienTech, TechTec and so on will provide in the near future their new releases, that all
local tuners can do the same.

Next is, that we never recommend any power steps over 360hp with this N55B30A engines.

A other thing is, that a remap is maybe better then a tuning box, but please don´t forget that a remap can be overwritten by BMW if your car was there for service. I agree that a track tool should be written, but a street legal car if you are not close to our company means sending the ECU again even if we have time and do it at the same day, the customer will lose time. Also someone should dismount the ECU before and re fit it after we was sending it back.

I don´t want to be suggestive that we are not happy about orders from international customers, but in this case customers should think about twice.

Sorry for my bad English!

Thanks
Peter

Last edited by chaddy74; 10-31-2014 at 05:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #10
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

Quote:

Looks like you were right FC... this thread ended as fast as it started but I do admire the Pete's honesty, that's how all tuner companies should act.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #11
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
Looks like you were right FC... this thread ended as fast as it started but I do admire the Pete's honesty, that's how all tuner companies should act.
Yep.

Don't worry...tomorrow there will be another tuner no one has ever heard of who has cracked the ECU who will make a major announcement in two weeks.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
Tuningwerk
Rep
Drives: M235i RS

Quote:
Yep.

Don't worry...tomorrow there will be another tuner no one has ever heard of who has cracked the ECU who will make a major announcement in two weeks.
??? First i answered him very detailed via mail. Next, there are 2 other competitors i know who are able to handle this. Also i warned, that it makes no sense if you are not located close to us, cause BMW is overwriting the data block after every service so the customer will have a lot of stress if this happens. ECU out (with the N55 no fun ) sending, sending back, refit the ECU. Also i´m able to describe how it works! The result will be, that BMW will close this back door soon! But i´m not willing to accept such a post without a reply. A 172G is not a big deal. The first way most tuners try is
the direct way via password. This will not work or better it will cause a high computing time. The better way is, remove the ECU, open it, do a reset of the system time (it must be under 10hrs), here you can use available tools, than unlock it and switch it to kind of developer mode. Than change the password retrieval to existing system pswd is not valid, instead the pswd in same bit length is set to valid. Than you are able to read bin file out. Use a tool like Map3d or WinOLS for the remapping after that calculate the checksum. Write it back, switch back to the default mode, re fit the ECU.
Have fun!
Appreciate 2
      11-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #13
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningwerk
Quote:
Yep.

??? First i answered him very detailed via mail. Next, there are 2 other competitors i know who are able to handle this. Also i warned, that it makes no sense if you are not located close to us, cause BMW is overwriting the data block after every service so the customer will have a lot of stress if this happens. ECU out (with the N55 no fun ) sending, sending back, refit the ECU. Also im able to describe how it works! The result will be, that BMW will close this back door soon! But im not willing to accept such a post without a reply. A 172G is not a big deal. The first way most tuners try is
the direct way via password. This will not work or better it will cause a high computing time. The better way is, remove the ECU, open it, do a reset of the system time (it must be under 10hrs), here you can use available tools, than unlock it and switch it to kind of developer mode. Than change the password retrieval to existing system pswd is not valid, instead the pswd in same bit length is set to valid. Than you are able to read bin file out. Use a tool like Map3d or WinOLS for the remapping after that calculate the checksum. Write it back, switch back to the default mode, re fit the ECU.
Have fun!
Which other competitors can do this? Only in Germany?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #14
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Lightbulb Tuningwerks Can Tune The Ecu ~!

Thanks Peter !! you have been very professional through my enquiry and for that i respect you greatly...... now for the individuals that dont believe ! ! I have spent hours on the phone with Peter discussing and toying with my options but decided not to proceed at this stage and this is why !

1. The cost of shipping if something was to become an issue
2. The intake manifold has to be removed and parts replaced on reinstallation
3. Peter hadn't done a RHD car -But I was reassured this would not be an issue
4. Time and downtime of the Car if the ecu had to be sent back and forth

It has been explained so many times that the ECU once unlocked and reset can be tuned in the first 10 hours in development mode , what more can I say !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuningwerk View Post
??? First i answered him very detailed via mail. Next, there are 2 other competitors i know who are able to handle this. Also i warned, that it makes no sense if you are not located close to us, cause BMW is overwriting the data block after every service so the customer will have a lot of stress if this happens. ECU out (with the N55 no fun ) sending, sending back, refit the ECU. Also i´m able to describe how it works! The result will be, that BMW will close this back door soon! But i´m not willing to accept such a post without a reply. A 172G is not a big deal. The first way most tuners try is
Have fun!

Last edited by chaddy74; 11-04-2014 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #15
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Peter O best you email Peter R for that Pointless documenting that when the kiddies will hose it !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #16
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74
Peter O best you email Peter R for that Pointless documenting that when the kiddies will hose it !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhold View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #17
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74 View Post
Thanks Peter !! you have been very professional through my enquiry and for that i respect you greatly...... now for the individuals that dont believe you are so blind and stupid its not funny ! ! I have spent hours on the phone with Peter discussing and toying with my options but decided not to proceed at this stage and this is why !

1. The cost of shipping if something was to become an issue
2. The intake manifold has to be removed and parts replaced on reinstallation
3. Peter hadn't done a RHD car -But I was reassured this would not be an issue
4. Time and downtime of the Car if the ecu had to be sent back and forth

It has been explained so many times that the ECU once unlocked and reset can be tuned in the first 10 hours in development mode , what more can I say !
First of, I really hope you are NOT calling me "stupid", because I'm not here to take insults from nobody. I'm sad that this started and ended so fast, not because I think you're a liar nor Peter, but because I see (from Peter's response) that this is NOT recommended to do it if you're not going to be able to take your car physically to Tuningwerks. You get angry/upset and call people "stupid" while the actual representative from Tuningwerk (Peter), remains calm and responds/clarifies whatever comment or question is written in here.

And if you read again @FC4 first response, even he questioned the fact that this could be or not real, he did actually said "However, I do hope I'm wrong".
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #18
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Ok sorry you would be happy now I deleted my text you are right !! I have no time for people that dont listen tho ! This wasnt about a recommendation was it ? it was about can it be done and the answer is clearly yes !!
Quote:
First of, I really hope you are NOT calling me "stupid", because I'm not here to take insults from nobody. I'm sad that this started and ended so fast, not because I think you're a liar nor Peter, but because I see (from Peter's response) that this is NOT recommended to do it if you're not going to be able to take your car physically to Tuningwerks. You get angry/upset and call people "stupid" while the actual representative from Tuningwerk (Peter), remains calm and responds/clarifies whatever comment or question is written in here.

And if you read again @FC4 first response, even he questioned the fact that this could be or not real, he did actually said "However, I do hope I'm wrong".
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #19
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy74 View Post
Ok sorry you would be happy now I deleted my text you are right !! I have no time for people that dont listen tho ! This wasnt about a recommendation was it ? it was about can it be done and the answer is clearly yes !!
We're cool, I understand your frustration about sharing the good news and immediately getting responses questioning if it's true or not, but don't get angry man. I'm actually one of those who are waiting for an ECU flash to happen, I have an E90 ECU flashed and for my taste, it's better than a piggyback, so I really hope it happens for the F22 very soon.

cheers.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #20
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Yeah it was a bit early , I should have waited until i arrived at the office and had a coffee before i replied
Quote:
We're cool, I understand your frustration about sharing the good news and immediately getting responses questioning if it's true or not, but don't get angry man. I'm actually one of those who are waiting for an ECU flash to happen, I have an E90 ECU flashed and for my taste, it's better than a piggyback, so I really hope it happens for the F22 very soon.

cheers.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #21
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Yep.

FC's always right, hahaha. but yea, this seems like another fanboy thread like the dinan one back in the days... :P
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #22
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks Kermit .. just looking for an ecu flash solution so i can run my bigger turbo and target correct afr mixtures and boost settings on the ewg car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
FC's always right, hahaha. but yea, this seems like another fanboy thread like the dinan one back in the days... :P
Appreciate 0