E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My V2 upgrade install...

01-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Black Chili
IT geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Black Saphire Metalic

My V2 upgrade install...

My upgrade was absolutly flawless. I even took the time to undo all the taped connections and use shrink-wrap on EVERYTHING, plus fish the USB cable into the glove box. Proceed software connected (and has connected) successfully 100% of the time. I believe the problems are a) Shiv needs idiot proof instructions and/or a good video (the existing v1.x video even skips a few things) and b) you'all want instant gratification so you rush things.

Note that after the battery disconnect, flash firmware and map update.. it felt nearly stock. After 3 days- A much more linear power output, less peaks and boost logs around 15.6 psi around 3800 rpm.

I believe the reason many people fail is simple- time, patience and attention to detail. Be SURE every wire you touch and connect is absolutly correct. Take time to go back a second time and verify every connection is a) correct and b) solid. If you're really paranoid, leave it for a few hours or over night, then go back and re-check everything just to be sure. Undo the battery and let everything reset- yes, your mileage will SUCK, but that's simply the ECU adjusting, it'll only last a tank or so.

My only gift is that I've been and IT tech for a while and oversee level 2 and level 3 IT hardware and software support for a large company; believe me, if it can be f'd up I've f'd it up over the last 20 something years, so many lessions learned

If you're not absolutitly 100% sure STOP. Ask. BE SURE- ask yourself "am I no-doubt certian this is the right wire" and you'll be fine... And unplug the battery when you start; getting to it is a little annoying at least in the convertible.

That said, that said anyone in the OC or WLA area that needs help, feel free to PM me, I like helping out- available on-site for the fee of a Kona lager, suitible Belgian Ale or the like.. I can also advise on a Spearco install but that rather sucks in a big way.

Last edited by Black Chili; 01-05-2008 at 04:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

nice, good stuff man. I might need you if WalkedU is busy this weekend. I'm gonna have to figure out a way to get your beers though haha......since im under 21 and dont have a fake ID. I'll see if i snag a 6 pack some how haha

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
AM335
Go Gators!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
Congrats. I did the same thing, shrik wrap and USB cable in the glove box. Drive safe.

Speed Up My Computer .......... Aion Download
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
amsfoto
photographer
Ireland
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i, JB 135i

I am planning on doing this upgrade myself, nice to see someone who did it successfully. Thanks for the tips!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 11:16 PM   #5
luckyD
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

please dont fell of the high horse problems are coming
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2008, 12:28 AM   #6
USCTrojan4Life
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e M sport

Do you think you can help me? I've been looking for someone to help me w/ the v2 install for some time now. I can meet you in WLA. Please PM me.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #7
mayno
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i / 2018 BMW 430i Conv

looking for some help too... a big bottle of Chimay Blue will be provided!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2008, 02:34 AM   #8
Black Chili
IT geek
United_States
Rep

Chimay Blue, very wise

Sure, I'd be happy to help out anyone. I can tho easily see the typical issues V2 upgrades would run into, I almost grabbed a pen during the install to make notes to send Shiv; I'm open to partnering on a new V2 upgrade and making the vid if someone has an HD video cam. The V1 video is good too but it overlooks some quick FYI's and time savers the average user might not think about.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2008, 02:35 AM   #9
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayno View Post
looking for some help too... a big bottle of Chimay Blue will be provided!
What is a Chimay Blue?
      01-05-2008, 04:48 AM   #10
Black Chili
IT geek
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
What is a Chimay Blue?
A belgian ale brewed by munks somewhere with no internet access, more on the lite/medium side, crisp, almost twice the alcohol content of Miller and firmented right inside in its about a 26oz corked bottle. You can find it at most upper-scale supermarkets; the large bottle and dark blue label are easy to spot... packs a punch if you're an average beer drinker. The white lable is smoother and red lable a litle more fruity, but there all good...
Appreciate 0