E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > O2 error code

10-26-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

O2 error code

2nd day of a HPDE event at gingerman. Car has been running great; however, the error code "2c7f" Lambda probe behind catalytic converter 2, trimm control" starting to pop up every time after the cold engine start to warm up. Clear it a couple time already, no help. However, all my logs look perfect including the afr.

Not sure what's going on. Have been running dp and fmic since June, with jb4 and bms backend flash. Never had any codes up until now.

Running 10-30% e85 on map5 for the track

Help!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

These cars get really cranky with various O2 codes, and they're usually a pain to track down. If it's post cat, I wouldn't stress too hard. Those trimming codes often pop up in the context of using a DP Fix, i've never seen them on my car outside of that very narrow context.

How does trim behavior look? If that is OK and AFR is fine, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Right now my car is throwing some stupid bank 2 post-cat O2 code, don't even remember what it's for.

I'm starting to think it may be best practice to replace all O2s yearly or so, but they're not the cheapest things on earth. I'll def. replace both widebands when the turbo swap goes down, not sure if i'll be motived to do the post-cats. Lol.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Funny, I am not using a DP fix currently. But gonna have to use it in the next month or so to pass my emission test... Not sure if this will be a problem for the emission test and getting the dpfix to work properly.

Logs look okay to me, with map 5 being a little inconsistent and is constantly adjusting the boost pressure, which I guess is expected for given track condition (varying IAT, engine load, oil temp, etc.). Everything else looks pretty good. So I am enabling the autoclear for now to get rid of the SES light.

Here are the logs btw...
http://www.datazap.me/u/cloud9blue/2...log=0&data=1-4
http://www.datazap.me/u/cloud9blue/2...log=0&data=1-4 (three different logs in this one)

Other than this, the car runs great. Putting down similar lap times as stripped down E36 M3 running on DOT slick once I get used to the car and the track. Considering I am running street tires, this car is pretty damn impressive.

Last edited by Cloud9blue; 10-26-2014 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
Funny, I am not using a DP fix currently. But gonna have to use it in the next month or so to pass my emission test... Not sure if this will be a problem for the emission test and getting the dpfix to work properly.

Logs look okay to me, with map 5 being a little inconsistent and is constantly adjusting the boost pressure, which I guess is expected for given track condition (varying IAT, engine load, oil temp, etc.). Everything else looks pretty good. So I am enabling the autoclear for now to get rid of the SES light.

Here are the logs btw...
http://www.datazap.me/u/cloud9blue/2...log=0&data=1-4
http://www.datazap.me/u/cloud9blue/2...log=0&data=1-4 (three different logs in this one)

Other than this, the car runs great. Putting down similar lap times as stripped down E36 M3 running on DOT slick once I get used to the car and the track. Considering I am running street tires, this car is pretty damn impressive.
Those trimming codes are so weird - per BT cable they should trip an SES in-dash light, but I never one got an SES. When I went in for emissions my car was throwing like half a dozen cat/O2/trimming codes, just the works. But all the monitors reported ready, and there was no SES....Again, at least on paper that should not have been possible.

Best $25 I spent was for a very simple OBD scanner to check readiness of each individual monitor. Really helps you narrow things down when it comes time for emissions.

This doesn't help your current issue but just an FYI...I spent a ton of time messing around with the DP fix, slicing my hands up in the DME box...and in the end, the car was always ready to pass emissions. I just didn't realize since I didn't have that OBD scanner. BT cable and Cobb kept showing me codes, so I figured the car would fail.

I wouldn't stress over emissions and sounds like otherwise, your car is running fine.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Those trimming codes are so weird - per BT cable they should trip an SES in-dash light, but I never one got an SES. When I went in for emissions my car was throwing like half a dozen cat/O2/trimming codes, just the works. But all the monitors reported ready, and there was no SES....Again, at least on paper that should not have been possible.

Best $25 I spent was for a very simple OBD scanner to check readiness of each individual monitor. Really helps you narrow things down when it comes time for emissions.

This doesn't help your current issue but just an FYI...I spent a ton of time messing around with the DP fix, slicing my hands up in the DME box...and in the end, the car was always ready to pass emissions. I just didn't realize since I didn't have that OBD scanner. BT cable and Cobb kept showing me codes, so I figured the car would fail.

I wouldn't stress over emissions and sounds like otherwise, your car is running fine.
Gotcha, have a INPA cable, I should be able to check the emission status through that as far as I know. Will report back once I find out what is really going on.
Appreciate 0