R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

10-23-2014, 04:13 AM   #1
Matc
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO

Current in Stock Models vs New

Hi all, potential new owner here, currently on BMW number 4 after a M3 years ago and a successions of 3 series after that

Anyway i'm currently looking at options on the M4, and it seems there is a fair bit of stock floating around at the moment for 58-60K, with anything from 20-3000 miles on. My question is these seem to be quite high considering you can spec your own individual car for say around 62-63K. And if you can manage to get a discount of anything close to 5% then it will work out cheaper than buying the models at the moment, I guess this is for people who simply can't wait?

The missus bought her new 3 series vert 12 months ago from a dealer so I will be hoping to go back to them and wrangle a discount if I can get it, also just looking at PCP deals, BMW's is 7.99 at the moment for retail offers on the M4, seems a little high, has anyone gone through BMW and managed to get a better deal than this? Other cars they have are more like 4% APR

I'm currently stuck between Mineral White and Silverstone Silver, noticed this car at Stratstone and looks quite impressive with the aero bits in Silverstone Silver

http://www.stratstone.com/vehiclesea...n_number=HAF1F

Mat
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 05:01 AM   #2
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Manual

That's a good deal by the looks of it.. you'll need the following options as minimum:

HUD
Rear privacy windows
Reversing camera
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 05:14 AM   #3
Matc
Rep

I have indeed got the first 2 options in my build, plus Full Merino Leather if I go down that route.

The advantage is this car already has the aero bits on which might save a bit of money also, plus the service pack.

Are there any Silverstone owners around the south East? I am looking at a Mineral white one on Sunday, but be good to see one in Silverstone to, so I can see how much a blue hue there is in person

Thanks

Mat
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 05:39 AM   #4
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Ya, don't forget service pack. It's a decent deal.

Mine's here, built to order:

M3 DCT
Yas Marina Blue
Full Merino Leather (Black)
Carbon fibre
Harmon Kardon -
Heads up Display
Speed limit checker
Sun protection glass
Sunblinds - no choice as it's mandatory going for full leather
Adaptive headlights & High beam assist -
Reversing camera & Surround View
Black alloys

Collecting it in Dec as I'll be away from the country. No discount.. only £1K service pack thrown in..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 05:41 AM   #5
Axelf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35is...

I am no where near you but i have Mineral White.... and i love the colour
      10-23-2014, 06:09 AM   #6
Matc
Rep

Cheers guys, current ideal build would be

DCT
Silverstone Silver or Mineral White
Full Silverstone Merino Leather or Sakhir Orange
Carbon Fibre trim
Black chrome finish
HUD
Privacy Glass
Black 19" wheels
Adaptive headlights + HighBeam assist
Online Entertainment/connect
Steering wheel heating

This is the Mineral white one i'm having a look at Sunday as I shall be passing right past the dealer on the way back from Liverpool, just want to get an idea of how the colour compares as we will be in Alpine White 3 series

http://usedcars.knightsnorthstaffsbm...cmdc=se_ce_re_

Mat
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #7
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Why online entertainment? is it worth it ?

Can't u stream it from your smartphone ?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 06:55 AM   #8
Matc
Rep

To be honest that was one I was 50/50 on, and whilst driving i'm probably not going to go searching for tracks, so yes if they are on the phone already I won't be bothering what that options

Also I believe there is a fee after the first year

Mat
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #9
Mud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

The online entertainment is brilliant...Access to hundreds of thousands of songs just a click away, and with the writing pad it is very easy to search for music.

You get the full album art etc on the screen, and it saves the music to the internal HD which means no issues with buffering/stopping etc in areas of low connectivity.

When you turn the car on the music starts immediately whilst the online entertainment system loads in the background.

I have Spotify on my phone and sometimes the music just stops as the bluetooth throws my phone off for no reason, and album art doesnt work properly and I cant choose different playlists without getting my phone out etc...

itunes match works much better over bluetooth with almost full integration, but if you are an Android user then this is wasted on you.

As for your spec, that spec is almost pretty much what all the launch cars received, so I would search for a used model and negotiate a discount. I managed 6.5% discount on my one after being told no discounts...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #10
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep

oh well.. prefer to listen to the radio.. but as long as it's been utilised then it's good value.

I assume the 6.5% discount you received was a demo/used? which spec did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #11
Matc
Rep

Thanks Mud

The Silverstone car would be very tempting if I managed to get any discount off, especially if it came close to 6.5% like you got, it has the HUD, wheels are the lighter option but that wouldn't really be a deal breaker as I could always re-do them if I really wanted to later down the line. Not the full leather but again never had that in my current BMW's, so can't miss what I have never had.

Already looks the part and has the service pack, will give them a call and find out some details

I wonder if online entertainment is available as an add-on even if the car was not originally specced with it if I did go down that route?

Mat
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #12
M2wolf
Captain
No_Country
Rep

yea, Silverstone does look quite stunning.

Good choice I must say.

No idea if online entertainment can be retrofitted.

Do you know if the tracks are saved in the HDD saved like permanently? meaning if you choose not to subscribe can you still keep the music?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #13
Matc
Rep

Just spoke to the dealer, it was part-ex'd for a Porsche by previous owner

Just looking at potential options, apr seems to have come down from 12 - 8% now, not asked about any discount as of yet of the main cost of the vehicle

GFMV of £19829 with 18K a year miles of 4 years, pretty sure I could sell it for more than that with around 70K on it when the time comes.

Anyone recommend a broker for some good rates?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #14
gavinsan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Hi Matt , before you take the plunge let me offer my experience . I am in the market for a saloon m3 and drove 2 cars last weekend . Loved the car and started to negotiate got the car price down from £60k to £55k as there are a lot of cars for sale which are all 14 plate cars with identical spec. The problem is this week the cars were starting to be reduced by some dealers and the more digging i did the worse the story got.
I have a salesman who works for BMW and i asked his advice on what to do . He explained that if i were to trade in a 14 plate m3 saloon with 2000 miles on the clock the best bid he would give is £43k !

The m4 is in the same boat as a guy on another forum just bought a 64 plate £70k car for just under £50k privately . He got lucky but the original owner had tried bmw to trade in and was offered a lower price !

My advice is to wait post christmas when the next lot of demo cars at the dealers come to the end of their 3 month cycle and are up for sale . The price in Jan will be sub £50k possibly so rather than take a huge hit in depreciation especially if you want to finance the car wait a couple of months and let the prices settle .

Re finance i have a very competitive guy who can arrange good finance if you are still determined. Pm me if you want details.

Gavin
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #15
rjsuk
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 6MT. SSII

I have a silverstone M4 with black leather interior (not full).
HK audio. 6MT not DCT.
Privacy glass but no HUD.

I am in the Gloucester area if you want to have a look.

Managed 6.3%APR from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 03:08 AM   #16
Matc
Rep

Thanks Gavinsan, you would think a supposedly 2nd hand car would be at least around 50-55K even if it is a new model, but the base price new is actually cheaper than quite a few of them for sale at the moment, when you spec it with no options. Will be interesting to see what they do with prices when 2015 plates come out next March, which will come round fast once Christmas is out of the way

Quote:
I have a silverstone M4 with black leather interior (not full).
HK audio. 6MT not DCT.
Privacy glass but no HUD.

I am in the Gloucester area if you want to have a look.

Managed 6.3%APR from BMW.
Thanks very much for the offer of that, I am in Bicester so just over an hour away I would imagine, may take you up on that at some-point if ok

Mat
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #17
gavinsan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matc View Post
Thanks Gavinsan, you would think a supposedly 2nd hand car would be at least around 50-55K even if it is a new model, but the base price new is actually cheaper than quite a few of them for sale at the moment, when you spec it with no options. Will be interesting to see what they do with prices when 2015 plates come out next March, which will come round fast once Christmas is out of the way

Thanks very much for the offer of that, I am in Bicester so just over an hour away I would imagine, may take you up on that at some-point if ok

Mat
No problem
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #18
rjsuk
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 6MT. SSII

Or, if you want to see SSII in the flesh, Gloucester BMW have one for sale.

http://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/M/3.0-s/s/...cmdc=se_na_re_

Happy to meet part way at some point if you don't get to see one.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 11:08 AM   #19
Mud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matc View Post
Thanks Mud

The Silverstone car would be very tempting if I managed to get any discount off, especially if it came close to 6.5% like you got, it has the HUD, wheels are the lighter option but that wouldn't really be a deal breaker as I could always re-do them if I really wanted to later down the line. Not the full leather but again never had that in my current BMW's, so can't miss what I have never had.
I have a MW M3, and I saw a SS one at the Swindon Dick Loves Its dealership and it looks absolutely spot on!

Quote:
I wonder if online entertainment is available as an add-on even if the car was not originally specced with it if I did go down that route?
Nope
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #20
Mud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Get the dealer to also quote none BMW finance. Black Horse did 4.1% for me...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #21
contractor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f15 m50d, f25 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
Get the dealer to also quote none BMW finance. Black Horse did 4.1% for me...
Thanks, that's useful info. I'm off to the dealer to talk about a fully loaded M4 convertible. I'm aiming for ~4% finance, 4K off the OTR price (from ~72k down to ~68K), free service pack and a reduced price on a set of winter wheels.

We'll see....
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 04:55 AM   #22
Matc
Rep

Went and popped in at BMW Knights North Staffs yesterday, they had a MW M4 in the showroom, and a Silverstone M5, so could get a good idea of colours, they also had a Tanzanite M4 convertible, which is very nice but to close to the colour of my current BMW.

As nice as Silverstone is I always found myself looking back at the Mineral White M4, so that will be the colour for me, SO interior and the Darker alloys made it really stand out. Seems to have dropped 5K since Friday as well, now up for sale at £54,480. Was very tempted to look at deals but it just didn't have the HUD which I think I would end up regretting in the long run. As a second hand car it only has 12 miles on it, sure there would be a bit more room for negotiation as well for a buyer

Mat
Appreciate 0