E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VRSF catless down pipes PA emissions?

10-17-2014, 12:46 AM   #1
jsciaretta
Rep
Drives: 2008 650i

VRSF catless down pipes PA emissions?

So I'm looking to purchase a set of VRSF catless down pipes for my 335xi. I currently have a Dinan tune, BMS dual cone intake and Borla S-type exhaust. My car currently rests at 32k miles and is my DD. Now, I'm not worried about smell nor increased exhaust sound from catless DP's. I'm more concerned with anyone's knowledge of PA emissions so I don't have to swap out yearly for passing the emissions.

I live in Pittsburgh and the test consists of a gas cap check and OBDII read. Now if I get the catless DP set with the "fix kit" to keep check engine light off will that be enough? My experience with all of my cars/trucks and emissions here, is that as long as there are no check engine lights or codes thrown at time of test, it passes. Is the " fix kit" enough to keep all codes off and what exactly does it do? Anyone with experience in this, I greatly appreciate help. Searches came up empty at least relating to PA emissions experience. Thank You

Last edited by jsciaretta; 10-17-2014 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

I;m almost positive you will fine if you are equipped with a Dp fix and you are not throwing any codes or CEL. Also make sure you have driven at least 100 miles before you get inspected. I'm pretty sure as long as your OBDII read checks out you are fine.

...this from experience from my fully built spec b which has passed each year, however if i reset my ecu prior, i needed to drive at least a few hundred miles or else the test would fail due to the car being "not ready". Good luck! Check the local Pittsburgh Boards in the PA Regional forum!

Go pens/steelers
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
335NJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i 6MT E90

Hookup a decent scan tool (advance does it for free) and check I/M monitors. Make sure they're at "ready", and you'll be good.

Go flyers (just not the 2014 flyers so far)
Appreciate 0