THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Will the Breyton's Race GTS-R(Matte Grey w/Red Stripe) fit?

10-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

Will the Breyton's Race GTS-R(Matte Grey w/Red Stripe) fit?

Hey guys, today I was browsing on Tirerack's website and found that the Breyton's Race GTS-R(Matte Grey w/Red Stripe) have a perfect fit option for the front, since it has the exact measures as the OEM Styling 436 that comes with our M235i (18x7.5 offset 45mm). But for the rear, the option is 18x8.5 offset 48mm where the OEM wheel has 18x8 offset 52mm.

I asked a chat assistant from Tirerack and he told me that those wheels would never fit the M235i.... ... but I'm stubborn so I went to this site: http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp and placed both sizes for the rear (OEM vs Breyton's) and found out this:

Suspension clearance: 100% clear (leaves even more room than OEM)
Fenders clearance: Package 2 will stick out 4 mm (0.2'') farther. Acceptable for most cars.
Wheelwells clearance: The same.
Speedometer: The same.

So, am I wrong or do these DO fit the M235i?

Thanks for your feedback
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
captpn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Maybe this will help:
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1029397
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
HX_Guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

As you can see in my thread (in the link above), they do fit but you need a spacer on the front wheels even though the specs of the wheels are the same, the way the spokes are different and they hit the brake caliper without a spacer (which is why Tire Rack says they won't fit...they only give fitments for direct bolt on applications).

Personally I think they look much better with 12mm spacers anyway so I would have ran spacers even if they cleared without them. Love the wheels!
      10-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by captpn View Post
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #5
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
As you can see in my thread (in the link above), they do fit but you need a spacer on the front wheels even though the specs of the wheels are the same, the way the spokes are different and they hit the brake caliper without a spacer (which is why Tire Rack says they won't fit...they only give fitments for direct bolt on applications).

Personally I think they look much better with 12mm spacers anyway so I would have ran spacers even if they cleared without them. Love the wheels!
Thank you HX, your thread did help a lot. How about the ride with those wheels? Any vibration? Are the wheels strong enough to take street holes/bumps? Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
HX_Guy
Captain
Rep

Ride is great, they feel nice and light, steering seems a bit quicker. No vibrations. I know that Breyton had some problems years ago with some wheels forming small cracks along the inside rim...happened to a few people but again it was 3+ years ago so I felt confident they have resolved it.

One word of advice if you order from Tire Rack...they pre-installed the valve stems and used lock-tite...tell them not to pre-install if you can. This caused a problem because the lock-tite left some residue when they went to swap the tire pressure sensors from the old wheels to the new wheels and I kept having air leak...had to go back to the tire shop 4 times before they finally fixed it right and now it's all good.
      10-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #7
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
Ride is great, they feel nice and light, steering seems a bit quicker. No vibrations. I know that Breyton had some problems years ago with some wheels forming small cracks along the inside rim...happened to a few people but again it was 3+ years ago so I felt confident they have resolved it.

One word of advice if you order from Tire Rack...they pre-installed the valve stems and used lock-tite...tell them not to pre-install if you can. This caused a problem because the lock-tite left some residue when they went to swap the tire pressure sensors from the old wheels to the new wheels and I kept having air leak...had to go back to the tire shop 4 times before they finally fixed it right and now it's all good.
Man, thanks a lot for taking the time to share all this, I really appreciate it. Would you mind letting me know where did you purchased the spacers (online)?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #8
HX_Guy
Captain
Rep

No problem, glad I can help.

I got these spacers: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KTNKG7U

Cheap and they work. I did have another set from them in the past which had a bit of vibration and I returned them. These ones have no issues though. Don't forget extended lug bolts, these are the ones I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ED4WMCS
      10-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #9
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep

Quote:
No problem, glad I can help.

I got these spacers: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KTNKG7U

Cheap and they work. I did have another set from them in the past which had a bit of vibration and I returned them. These ones have no issues though. Don't forget extended lug bolts, these are the ones I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ED4WMCS
got it! Thanks and cheers!
Appreciate 0