R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

10-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Considering HRE wheels?....read this....

So for those of you who may be in the market for HRE wheels and can't quite figure out what finish to get, here is an opinion....

Go for one of the brushed tinted finishes: regular tinted or the dark clear tinted. Here's why....

The biggest nemesis for wheels in terms of appearance is brake dust. With the tinted brushed finishes, the wheels look great even with moderate amounts of brake dust. The texture of the brushing still comes through and the wheel just looks like it has a darker tint as opposed to looking dirty. Furthermore, these finishes will match virtually any car color.

I HIGHLY recommend this. And for those of you on the fence about spending so much money on wheels, just do it. If you are in a position to seriously consider this, then you won't be disappointed.
      10-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
SuckaGDog
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5, C63 AMG Black Series

I have the Brushed Tinted on my HRE wheels and they are awesome. You are right about the brake dust only making it look a shade darker. Doesn't bother me either way since I clean my wheels often and my Carbotech pads barely put out dust.
Appreciate 0