GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

10-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BG on KO G80 Base

Tailpipe finishers question

Ordered my F80 a couple weeks ago and added carbon fiber tailpipe finishers but did not do the MPE. It was listed on my order, but now that I think about it, I'm not sure if those are meant for or will even fit the stock exhaust. Can anyone confirm? What happens when the CA orders PIA's that aren't compatible with the car?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

I have no personal experience with the MPE or the tips, but from what I've read here, you can't use the stock tips on the MPE. If that's indeed the case, then I would wager that the MPE tips can't be used on the stock exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks. I'm assuming the same thing. I just wonder at what point would someone have caught this? Will it be at the port? Then what? Would they just eliminate it from my order? I originally noticed the diffuser on my order was the wrong one (the one for the F30). I immediately caught it and had them fix but what would've happened if I didn't?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 05:57 AM   #4
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

To my knowledge, these are all dealer-installed accessories. So while the dealer added it to your order, for the sake of rolling up the cost into the car purchase, I'm guessing that the car and the accessories will be shipped to the dealer separately.

I could be wrong and maybe they'll be packed in the trunk or something, but I'm reasonably sure that the dealer will ultimately do the install. Or at least attempt the install in your case.

Now that I think about it some more, if the finishers order was really tied into the car order, your CA's system would likely have prevented him ordering parts that won't fit. This only reinforces what I've written above.

It is possible that, if the dealership ordered them rightaway, they have the finishers on hand already. If so, maybe they'd be willing to test-fit them on an M3/4 that they have on the lot?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #5
BigMo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky
To my knowledge, these are all dealer-installed accessories. So while the dealer added it to your order, for the sake of rolling up the cost into the car purchase, I'm guessing that the car and the accessories will be shipped to the dealer separately.

I could be wrong and maybe they'll be packed in the trunk or something, but I'm reasonably sure that the dealer will ultimately do the install. Or at least attempt the install in your case.

Now that I think about it some more, if the finishers order was really tied into the car order, your CA's system would likely have prevented him ordering parts that won't fit. This only reinforces what I've written above.

It is possible that, if the dealership ordered them rightaway, they have the finishers on hand already. If so, maybe they'd be willing to test-fit them on an M3/4 that they have on the lot?
Thanks. I talked to them yesterday. He said everything is installed at the port. Not the dealer. He assured me all accessories would be on my window sticker and that he would residualize them on my lease. Otherwise I would've just bought it all from IND which is a only a short little drive from me. He said the diffuser and tips were not on the original order and will add them when they become available. Whatever that means. But if the tips won't fit then the accessory would reject. According to him. Any CA's out there that can verify?
Appreciate 0