E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Anyone in PDX have garage/tools for procede pull?

12-26-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
PDX335i
Rep
Drives: 335i

Smile Anyone in PDX have garage/tools for procede pull?

Hi there. I need to go to the dealer in a bit, and would like to pull procede, but have a couple of problems: 1) no tools and 2) no garage. Can someone help me out? Please PM or reply to this thread. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

One tiny tiny flathead screw driver...One 8mm and 10mm socket for the bolts thats it!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

It's not difficult. You don't need a garage, just the tools above. Download the instructions from the website--do them in reverse.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
PDX335i
Rep

Well the above covers the tools (thanks!), but its pouring rain (and is predicted to be raining until at least Monday) and I have no garage space to work in. I'd rather not work on electricals in a downpour .
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

how is a garage gonna help you if you get stuck on the side of the road and you have to have it towed to the dealer? sounds like you didn't think this one through!!!! you can't just leave it in when going to the dealer...though i am sure bmw has the codes that pop up from this tune anyways...they have probably recognized this through all the procede users out there!!!! also these codes cannot be deleted until someone comes out with a c reader that can read these "silent" codes!!! supposedly 2-3 companies are currently in the works to fix this issue!!! but still you have to take it off and on every time you go in for service!!!! you really should have thought about this!!! you don't wanna void your power train warranty!!! your cars value will go south fast if your warranty is voided!!! just do the install and pray everything goes right!!! i would hate to see another "check for loose wires" reply from shiv!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
how is a garage gonna help you if you get stuck on the side of the road and you have to have it towed to the dealer?
Well, lets see!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can have it towed to your house first by a regular tow truck company, and then call BMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
Ruff Rider
"posting from my recliner"
United_States
Rep
Drives: twin turbo Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
how is a garage gonna help you if you get stuck on the side of the road and you have to have it towed to the dealer? sounds like you didn't think this one through!!!! you can't just leave it in when going to the dealer...though i am sure bmw has the codes that pop up from this tune anyways...they have probably recognized this through all the procede users out there!!!! also these codes cannot be deleted until someone comes out with a c reader that can read these "silent" codes!!! supposedly 2-3 companies are currently in the works to fix this issue!!! but still you have to take it off and on every time you go in for service!!!! you really should have thought about this!!! you don't wanna void your power train warranty!!! your cars value will go south fast if your warranty is voided!!! just do the install and pray everything goes right!!! i would hate to see another "check for loose wires" reply from shiv!!!!
what an ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ping Golf Club demo tech
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Guess you're not cool with your SA, huh?

Here's my advice. Take out the PROcede this time. And when you go in to speak with your SA, just tell him/her that you're thinking about getting a piggyback and see what they say. If they're cool about it, then you're in luck. Then everytime you go in for service or what not, just buy your SA a cup of coffee/tea or on special occassions like Christmas, just give them a little tip. Once you have created a bond with your SA, they'll take very good care of you.

Good luck!

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #9
Ruff Rider
"posting from my recliner"
United_States
Rep
Drives: twin turbo Prius

OP what are you going to the dealer for? Wish I could help but way to far away. Find a covered parking garage and work in there.

I have all my PROcede tools in my trunk with all instruction in case I do need to pull it out.

Good luck.

Ping Golf Club demo tech
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #10
PDX335i
Rep

Purplewidow: I have a working 1.47 installed (never a code) and need to go to the dealer for a) my annual service and b) some odd behaviour I'm seeing that looks like the lovely HPFP failure (sporadic abrupt changes in RPM at random intervals, usually when starting to put a load on the engine).

Ruff Rider: see above. And thanks for the idea of a parking garage. I'll need to do some thinking about where would be cool and also have dry spots to put stuff along with excellent lighting.

Bimmer335i07: that sounds like a possibility. Thanks for the idea.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #11
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX335i View Post
Purplewidow: I have a working 1.47 installed (never a code) and need to go to the dealer for a) my annual service and b) some odd behaviour I'm seeing that looks like the lovely HPFP failure (sporadic abrupt changes in RPM at random intervals, usually when starting to put a load on the engine).

Ruff Rider: see above. And thanks for the idea of a parking garage. I'll need to do some thinking about where would be cool and also have dry spots to put stuff along with excellent lighting.

Bimmer335i07: that sounds like a possibility. Thanks for the idea.
GL! Hope everything works out.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0