BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

So you bought the X4 over the Macan, what did you miss....

Well hope to collect my X4 next week but wondered if I made right decision over the Macan, spent some time on the Macan Forum and this was interesting

Known issues list
http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...sues-list.html
http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...our-macan.html

Vainness of Porsche drivers
http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...want-know.html

The Macan Forum Vs X4 thread
http://www.macanforum.com/forum/pors...acan-v-x4.html

Conspiracy on the Dwindling interest in the Macan, really???
http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...macan-u-s.html

Best Pre-car collection check advice ever

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...nt-know-7.html

Porsche calls this a rear view camera, shame!!
http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...fferences.html

Very informative thread of Macan owners with BMW experience
http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...mw-owners.html

My favorite, what Macan owners visiting here think of this "THREAD"
http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...ate-macan.html

Macan performs poorly In the "Moose Test", shocking!!

Last edited by Bimar; 10-29-2014 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Adding more comparative info so crosshoppers can make an informed decision
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Theatermax
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 and X4

I miss nothing. Check out my thread about how much disliked my Macan i had for 3 weeks.

I love my X4 100X more..

The Macan has more issues than I can name.. Dozens and Dozens of horrid porsche nonsense issues that can't be fixed.

Loving my X4

Craig
Appreciate 2
      09-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theatermax View Post
I miss nothing. Check out my thread about how much disliked my Macan i had for 3 weeks.

I love my X4 100X more..

The Macan has more issues than I can name.. Dozens and Dozens of horrid porsche nonsense issues that can't be fixed.

Loving my X4

Craig
Hope my fears dissipate when I get the car. Never ordered anything without test driving, the Macan was a cracker and whenever I see the Porsche dealership I wonder. Just a few more days.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 11:23 PM   #4
Theatermax
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
Hope my fears dissipate when I get the car. Never ordered anything without test driving, the Macan was a cracker and whenever I see the Porsche dealership I wonder. Just a few more days.
Brotha, Trust me in person the X4 is way better looking than the Macan and everything about the X4 is nicer and more refined!

What color did you get ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-25-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
grayforge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335xi

I would think you'd miss:
  1. Nicer looking exterior (X4 has a face and behind only a mother could love)
  2. More refined interior
  3. Higher performance
  4. The crazy expensive option list.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...-porsche-macan

http://www.caradvice.com.au/301569/p...arison-review/

Anyone see any reviews that put the X4 on top?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #6
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayforge View Post
I would think you'd miss:
  1. Nicer looking exterior (X4 has a face and behind only a mother could love)
  2. More refined interior
  3. Higher performance
  4. The crazy expensive option list.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...-porsche-macan

http://www.caradvice.com.au/301569/p...arison-review/

Anyone see any reviews that put the X4 on top?
I actually think in xline mode X4 looks better, msport is another matter. all reviews the gap in difference of the two is small not like people want you to believe, for me it was a tough choice, never bought a Porsche but stuck to what I know. I think reading all these press reviews and having not test driven car when I ordered are what is making me question my choice, will compare better when I take delivery. But those Macan seats are just sublime!

Last edited by Bimar; 09-25-2014 at 11:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2014, 05:46 AM   #7
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Side profile Macan vs X4

This Macan cannot be more beautiful in my eyes as attached even in msport side view.

Like what this Macan owner said below after his 30 day ownership, nobody will look twice at a Macan for they think it's a Cayenne which I thought so when I saw it next to a bunch of Cayennes which are boring to look at so the Macan is equally boring visually.

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...y-summary.html
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #8
Theatermax
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
This Macan cannot be more beautiful in my eyes as attached even in msport side view.

Like what this Macan owner said below after his 30 day ownership, nobody will look twice at a Macan for they think it's a Cayenne which I thought so when I saw it next to a bunch of Cayennes which are boring to look at so the Macan is equally boring visually.

http://www.macanforum.com/forum/maca...y-summary.html
Thats awesome and truly shows how much better the styling is in the BMW.. And just get inside and drive the BMW and you quickly find out how Porsche is 10 years behind the times.

The Back of the Macan is HOOOORID !! Its side profile shows what a dumpy back looks like.. Reminds me of an Eggplant actually !!!

Wow Great pic I love it !!!
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
Chopper45
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40d

I saw my first Macan up close today (4 of them actually in different colors).... I am so glad i made the correct decision and bought an X4. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I find the Macan boring and outdated looking already. I would certainly buy an SQ5 over the Macan on looks.... Sorry Macan Lovers but X4 rules!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
Theatermax
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper45 View Post
I saw my first Macan up close today (4 of them actually in different colors).... I am so glad i made the correct decision and bought an X4. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I find the Macan boring and outdated looking already. I would certainly buy an SQ5 over the Macan on looks.... Sorry Macan Lovers but X4 rules!
Chopper - You are spot on man..

Finally people are seeing them and in the right colors with the right rims , its unreal !!!

I am really loving mine so much !!

The SQ5 as you said is 100% so much better looking than the Macan as well.

The Q5 body is great and I hope next year they can better it when they redesign it..

For now the X4 is new and unique , gorgeous and fast and fun !!
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2014, 11:29 PM   #11
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Brotha, Trust me in person the X4 is way better looking than the Macan and everything about the X4 is nicer and more refined!

What color did you get ?
Got Melbourne Red in Xline, no offense to those who like Msport, I find the front especially ugly in X4/X3 form otherwise I always like msport, pre-LCI X3 msport was just an awesome look. Awaiting pre-delivery checks etc..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:34 PM   #12
Theatermax
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Got Melbourne Red in Xline, no offense to those who like Msport, I find the front especially ugly in X4/X3 form otherwise I always like msport, pre-LCI X3 msport was just an awesome look. Awaiting pre-delivery checks etc..
I can't wait to see yours.. Msport in the white is super nice as the black details accent really well. I think the mebourne is gonna look great in Xline.. Please post a lot of pics for us as we haven't seen many if any xlines yet..

Thx
Craig
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #13
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I can't wait to see yours.. Msport in the white is super nice as the black details accent really well. I think the mebourne is gonna look great in Xline.. Please post a lot of pics for us as we haven't seen many if any xlines yet..

Thx
Craig
Every BMW dealership I have been to even when I travel have no Xline on the lot just msport, ordered without seeing one or test driving one let's see...this is the reason I have had some doubts, never bought a car like this before.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 03:20 AM   #14
predator
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw X4 2.0i xline sophistograu

tomorrow i'm gonna pick mine up at the dealers , xline sophistograu with shadow line , will post pics in members cars
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 04:40 AM   #15
Giorgio-GR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 116i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75
Quote:

Thx
Craig
Every BMW dealership I have been to even when I travel have no Xline on the lot just msport, ordered without seeing one or test driving one let's see...this is the reason I have had some doubts, never bought a car like this before.
Dont worry, i bought an X4 X line too. And in my opinion is better looking than the M Sport. But it's just a personal taste! I am sure that you will love your car!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #16
Jypsie
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator View Post
tomorrow i'm gonna pick mine up at the dealers , xline sophistograu with shadow line , will post pics in members cars
Predator,

I am sure you will like it! Got mine since Monday, have a big smile on my face since....... Can't get any better..... reason why I have not posted any pictures yet, if I am not working, I am driving my car an enjoying every split second of it!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #17
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jypsie View Post
Predator,

I am sure you will like it! Got mine since Monday, have a big smile on my face since....... Can't get any better..... reason why I have not posted any pictures yet, if I am not working, I am driving my car an enjoying every split second of it!
Tomorrow I go see mine in the flesh still wrapped up, so stoked!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #18
predator
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw X4 2.0i xline sophistograu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jypsie View Post
Predator,

I have no doubts Jypsie , think the first night im gonna sleep in my X4
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #19
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Lots of people saying xline looks better and bmw messed up the new Msport. I have a 2012 x3 m sport in verm red and we love it. I think the xline melb red looks great as well but my problem is you can't get sport seats with it in the US (I think it's an option in Europe). So the only way to get sport seats is with the M sport. This is a deal breaker for me because I think the sport seats are much nicer than the standard ones, especially during spirited driving.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #20
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Lots of people saying xline looks better and bmw messed up the new Msport. I have a 2012 x3 m sport in verm red and we love it. I think the xline melb red looks great as well but my problem is you can't get sport seats with it in the US (I think it's an option in Europe). So the only way to get sport seats is with the M sport. This is a deal breaker for me because I think the sport seats are much nicer than the standard ones, especially during spirited driving.
True on xline, but those sports seats look good but for me were uncomfortable dunno why, played with the settings am not that big though broad shouldered and a fit 6'3 190 pounds. The Macan sports seats on the other hand were out of this world if only they were in the X4.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #21
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

She's here...

So on the way to dealership passed by the Porsche dealership again so could compare Macan to my X4 order, men the Macan is cramped inside, still looks nice, but when saw the X4 Xline in Melbourne Red with Beige interior the X4 is so gorgeous and quite a looker in comparison, definitely a head turner! The pic attached doesn't do it justice...just a few more days after set up is complete and I take delivery.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-05-2014, 01:16 AM   #22
Rizz
X4 Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 Black Sapphire Msport

Quote:
So on the way to dealership passed by the Porsche dealership again so could compare Macan to my X4 order, men the Macan is cramped inside, still looks nice, but when saw the X4 Xline in Melbourne Red with Beige interior the X4 is so gorgeous and quite a looker in comparison, definitely a head turner! The pic attached doesn't do it justice...just a few more days after set up is complete and I take delivery.
Love the X line in the Melbourne Red. Congratulations, looks great.
You will love it. Everytime I drive mine I can't believe how great it handles, performs and looks. Hope yours is the same for you!! Enjoy!!
Appreciate 0