THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics New BMW Connected Drive Audioplayer (Android)

09-17-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
xxxHolic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Xdrive

Thumbs up New BMW Connected Drive Audioplayer (Android)

Well I noticed the BMW Connected Drive app was updated yesterday.

Now you can play music that is stored on your phone through the Connected Drive app. Its the first option called "Audioplayer" when you click on Connected Drive though the iDrive interface. It also recognizes playlists, shows album art, and you can search for music. I did not try voice commands.

I am using a Galaxy Note 3 and had no issues with sound initially. Half way through one of the songs the music stopped playing through the speakers even though, the indicator showed music was still being played. I turned off Bluetooth on my phone just to make sure there wasn't a conflict with the USB, but nothing...no sound.

I will try to experiment with it a bit more once I get home from work today. Overall it's a step in the right direction. Now, we just need them to integrate other music apps like Google Play, Pandora ect....into the mix.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Neat, good to see some Android love.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 06:02 AM   #3
xxxHolic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbuff View Post
Neat, good to see some Android love.
I was getting nervous about Android getting left behind with the Car Play announcement.

The execution of this feature is half baked though. I've lost sound a couple times now and I have to reboot my phone to get the audio to stream through the app. I am not sure if it the USB cord, the app, Touchwiz/Kit Kat, or the phone.
Appreciate 0