F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > A Hopefully good news thread ...
ARMA SPEED

09-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Consett Mag
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

A Hopefully good news thread ...

Hi Folks

With all the notes on here about BMW running out of M Sport brakes, Pro Navs and x-drive gearboxes, my positivity that I'd get my 330d tourer in October was sinking fast (ordered 8th August).

I took the step of getting an update, and my email was answered in about 2 hours.

The news is that my delivery date of 24th October presently is on track to happen. It's at stage 1100, meaning it's scheduled to go into build.

The spec is:
330d M Sport Tourer
Plus pack and Vis pack
Oyster seats with aluminium trim
Heated front seats
Comfort and storage packs
Surround cameras and reversing cam
Folding mirrors
Armrest

Matt, if you come on and tell me that yours has been at stage 1100 for about 2 months, I might, just might, head straight back to the bottle ...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #2
Xcop5089
Rep
Drives: X5 3.0D Sports Auto

Happy for you Consett Mag.

I ordered mine on 5th August and had a provisional delivery date of 10th October. My dealer rang last Saturday and told me it had slipped back to a week 46 build and I wouldn't get it until mid to late November!!!!!

My spec is:-

330d M Sports Touring
Mineral Grey/Oyster interior with brushed aluminium trim
Plus pack/Vis pack/Pro Nav
Adaptive suspension

Still contemplating whether or not to cancel order as the delay has really pissed me off!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Exterior colour?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Consett Mag
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Mine is Estoril blue
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
Consett Mag
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcop5089 View Post
I ordered mine on 5th August and had a provisional delivery date of 10th October. My dealer rang last Saturday and told me it had slipped back to a week 46 build and I wouldn't get it until mid to late November!!!!!

330d M Sports Touring
Adaptive suspension

Still contemplating whether or not to cancel order as the delay has really pissed me off!
Wonder if it's the Pro Nav or the adaptive suspension then?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consett Mag View Post
Wonder if it's the Pro Nav or the adaptive suspension then?
The thing is did the dealer place the order on the 5th or did he say he did, in case customer changed build after thinking about it......
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
Xcop5089
Rep
Drives: X5 3.0D Sports Auto

He did place the order on the 5th and sent a confirmation email with a copy of my contract specifying an estimated delivery date of 10th October. I am just amazed that BMW get themselves into this situation with running out of items like M Sport brakes etc. I had a 10 month wait last time when I ordered my X5!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
matt_320d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 640d GC M-Sport

Quote:
Hi Folks

With all the notes on here about BMW running out of M Sport brakes, Pro Navs and x-drive gearboxes, my positivity that I'd get my 330d tourer in October was sinking fast (ordered 8th August).

I took the step of getting an update, and my email was answered in about 2 hours.

The news is that my delivery date of 24th October presently is on track to happen. It's at stage 1100, meaning it's scheduled to go into build.

The spec is:
330d M Sport Tourer
Plus pack and Vis pack
Heated front seats
Folding mirrors
Armrest
Well congratulations!

Interesting, the key difference from my spec is no pro-nav and no adaptive.

Mine is X-drive as well..whether that's part of the issue...

Is all this stuff about M-sport brakes mere smoke screen? I had heard vaguely that pro-nav was an issue

CAn I ask who you contacted? was it your dealer or BMW UK? What contact address did you use?

Had you previously been told you were delayed? Or have you been on track all along?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #9
matt_320d
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcop5089 View Post
Happy for you Consett Mag.

330d M Sports Touring
Adaptive suspension

I ordered the week before y ou, and I've got told I'm waiting till week 49 for delivery...(first week december)
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #10
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_320d View Post
I ordered the week before y ou, and I've got told I'm waiting till week 49 for delivery...(first week december)
Even without delays, I ordered mine first week of Feb (5) and was delivered June 10.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:22 AM   #11
matt_320d
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Even without delays, I ordered mine first week of Feb (5) and was delivered June 10.
I'm settling my self in to just waiting now...not a lot else that can be done.

What bugs me most is how little BMW UK seem to care. Customer service had no clue what I was taking about and were "unaware of a problem" and when they did check, barely apologised, and are completely unhelpful on update, and have offered absolutely nothing by way of apology or compensation. Told me they would speak to my dealer and call back - never did...I had to chase them and still got no answers. For a company positioning itself in the market as a seller of what is a "Luxury item" I find that very surprising.

I wonder if it's because its a "male dominated" industry?

The reason I say this is because recently I ordered wedding rings from a bespoke jeweller who design to your order and manufacture. Took 3 weeks, and they sent me text message updates on exactly what stage of production my rings were at about twice a week. When one ring came it needed resizing - no problem..done within 3 days, and again text messaged updates on exactly how it was going.

Obviously jewellry is traditionally a more Female orientated business, and I wonder if they just take doing the people-interaction bit more seriously?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:50 AM   #12
Consett Mag
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_320d View Post
CAn I ask who you contacted? was it your dealer or BMW UK? What contact address did you use?

Had you previously been told you were delayed? Or have you been on track all along?
I emailed a guy at the Tyneside dealer. He stated that the date I was given on the week I ordered was still on time. Is yours at at stage 1100 yet?

I've not had any delay updates, so I'm not sure when these problems start to reveal themselves.
Obviously I hope that some of the delivery news nightmares around here will have more timely resolutions. It does take the gloss off our plans.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #13
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

This aint godo at this rate I'm looking at getting the LCI model since i only ordered two weeks ago
      09-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #14
matt_320d
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
This aint godo at this rate I'm looking at getting the LCI model since i only ordered two weeks ago
I don't think they can do that...they'd have to cancel the order. They could be accused of misselling.

What month is the LCI due?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #15
geordiepaul
F31 330d M Performanced up.
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

Quote:
Hi Folks

The spec is:
330d M Sport Tourer
Plus pack and Vis pack
Heated front seats
Folding mirrors
Armrest

Matt, if you come on and tell me that yours has been at stage 1100 for about 2 months, I might, just might, head straight back to the bottle ...
Sounds like we've ordered practically the same car on the same date, probably at the same dealer? I'm currently quoted start of November for mine be interested to see how you get on.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #16
Consett Mag
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiepaul View Post
Sounds like we've ordered practically the same car on the same date, probably at the same dealer?
Nice one Paul. If you get any updates, you must share.

I've been told that I'll get some progress reports of the car's manufacturing process. Would be nice to have some supporting pics from the factory, but it's the only thing I'm looking forward to (at this time of the year ...).
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #17
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

I dont think the LCI is due until May but does make you think if I should hold out for LCI but then I doubt the discounts will be there.

Still a kicker if I have to wait until Jan
      09-17-2014, 12:22 PM   #18
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

I got no updates and when I rang the dealer I was told my build had come forward 7 weeks leaving me completely unprepared with a private plate. Not sure when he was planning to tell me given he knew about the PP. Dealers eh.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #19
matt_320d
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zofinger View Post
I got no updates and when I rang the dealer I was told my build had come forward 7 weeks leaving me completely unprepared with a private plate. Not sure when he was planning to tell me given he knew about the PP. Dealers eh.
I think a few of us would happily swap places with you right now!!

But, again, it reinforces my point: Why is there a general attitude within the automotive industry that shoddy service is acceptable? Even when we're talking at the high end of the market on premium cars?

Once you get beyond the warm hand shake and complimentary cup of coffee, customer service just seems to evaporate.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #20
Tom Tallon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 XDRIVE

CM.

congrats on success after your wait. You'll love the car - not many 330ds or 335ds in the NE.

You mention good news - now that you've got your car due hopefully you'll lose your Par dew.

awful pun but sincere sentiments.

TT
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #21
Consett Mag
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Tom - It'll look all shiney in Estoril blue - and the silver haired tw@t can take the fat one too...

And I'll be there on Saturday to help with the atmosphere...

But anyhow I haven't got the car yet - just an email suggestion of things to come.

Saw a black 330d x-drive tourer at work. Needed a wash. Mine will look better.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #22
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Tom - It'll look all shiney in Estoril blue - and the silver haired tw@t can take the fat one too...

And I'll be there on Saturday to help with the atmosphere...

But anyhow I haven't got the car yet - just an email suggestion of things to come.

Saw a black 330d x-drive tourer at work. Needed a wash. Mine will look better.
There should be an EBII 330 Xdrive up there first week in October lol.

Appreciate 0