E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Uninstall Video for the Procede V2?

12-24-2007, 08:22 AM   #1
AltecBX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi Sedan; BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335Xi  [0.00]
Question Uninstall Video for the Procede V2?

Vishnu, can you make an uninstall video for the Procede V2 chip. Does anybody have a video for this or should one be made for the purpose of taking it off before taking to dealer for service. I know you can work backwards from the installation video, but will like the confidence it doing it the right way when uninstalling.

P.S. Is there an installation video for the new Procede V2 that has more wires?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
WilyB
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Garage List
That would be very helpful indeed.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
trick to this is disconnect the intercept join, then place the BMW wire back into the connector pin slot that the OTHER procede wire leads to.

Pretty simple really, if you do it one at a time.

SJ
      12-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

thats what i did...one wire replaced at a time...no rush in taking everything off and then putting the wires back to normal...if your install is correct, doing one wire at a time and placing it back to ecu connector will be the perfect deinstall plan
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

If you like to be in front of the video to help walk you though everything (like me), then you pretty much just need to work backwards. It's not too hard, you just need to be patient. I think I've actually worked in reverse more then I have in forward!
      12-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #6
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

I agree with the OP here too.

As you all know, I asked for a uninstall guide awhile back and got the "replace the PROcede wire with the BMW wire" response too.

Which in fact is the case as it seems, but again, as the OP stated, it would be of GREAT benefit to at least have a complete uninstall guide (maybe not video since if you have to do it on the side of the road, a video does you no good) that gives you the confidence of knowing you are following the steps and doing it right (and NOT forgetting anything).

I know at least in my case, it was easy to install and remove the PROcede v1, but having someone else install my v2 makes me uncomfortable knowing some day I'll probably have to remove it.

And I know I have a green wire in my PROcede box that one of the v2 wires replaced, but I don't know which one.

As it stands, I guess I'll too have to write down the v2 installation instructions and work backwards, then use the v1 installation instructions and work backward with that too in order to uninstall both.
But I have a feeling I'd be doing extra and unnecessary work there.

A step by step guide going from completely stock to v2 and one going from v2 back to completely stock would be beneficial in a BIG way!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #7
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
I agree with the OP here too.

As you all know, I asked for a uninstall guide awhile back and got the "replace the PROcede wire with the BMW wire" response too.

Which in fact is the case as it seems, but again, as the OP stated, it would be of GREAT benefit to at least have a complete uninstall guide (maybe not video since if you have to do it on the side of the road, a video does you no good) that gives you the confidence of knowing you are following the steps and doing it right (and NOT forgetting anything).

I know at least in my case, it was easy to install and remove the PROcede v1, but having someone else install my v2 makes me uncomfortable knowing some day I'll probably have to remove it.

And I know I have a green wire in my PROcede box that one of the v2 wires replaced, but I don't know which one.

As it stands, I guess I'll too have to write down the v2 installation instructions and work backwards, then use the v1 installation instructions and work backward with that too in order to uninstall both.
But I have a feeling I'd be doing extra and unnecessary work there.

A step by step guide going from completely stock to v2 and one going from v2 back to completely stock would be beneficial in a BIG way!
I was actually a little different then you....as I had somebody else install the original procede (Dustin), and I did the v2 install. I had to go back and forth between the v2 written instructions, and the 1.45 video instructions.

I mean it wasn't hard to go back and forth, just a bit inconvenient. Now for the people who are getting the procede and the v2 at the same time (I don't even know if anyone's out there yet) then I could see some real confusion. I can see someone changing out the boost valves....and installing the original green wire...then having to reverse themselves later in the v2 instructions (taking the boost valves back to stock). Unless I've missed something and vishnu has some new protocol in place.
      12-25-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
AltecBX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi Sedan; BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335Xi  [0.00]
I know the V2 is in high demand and in short supply. Why doesn't a new video comes out for the new install and uninstall?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #9
M3EST
Rear wheel drive fanatic
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E30-1M-M4

Garage List
1987 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #10
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

a schematic would be great
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #11
Fubarsky
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

A suggestion for those uninstalling as this was becoming a pain in the ass for me. I bought a nice label maker and labeled each Procede wire with correct terminal blk, pin number and wire number/color. It made the re-install pretty much video and reference free.
      12-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #12
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarsky View Post
A suggestion for those uninstalling as this was becoming a pain in the ass for me. I bought a nice label maker and labeled each Procede wire with correct terminal blk, pin number and wire number/color. It made the re-install pretty much video and reference free.
Nice idea.

But an installation/uninstall guide would still be helpful for the first timers.
Appreciate 0