E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Help! Alloy Wheel Repair in Berkshire Area?

12-21-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d Coupe

Help! Alloy Wheel Repair in Berkshire Area?

Dear All

Can’t believe it, just curbed one of my 230 19” wheels! Merry Christmas, Not!

Can anyone recommend a good BMW alloy wheel referb repair company in the Berkshire area?

Many thanks.

LRS (very unhappy)

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #3
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
I need to find a firm that will beadblast and lathe-turn a set of 15" wheels and re-lacquer them without me having to drive half a dozen hours to get to them.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d Coupe

Thanks Hotcoupe

Gave Wicked Wheels a call today and they seem to come a cross as quite knowledgeable.

I have the BMW, Star spoke - style 230

Attachment 118751

One thing is kind of odd though, they said that these particular BMW wheels that I have are quite difficult to colour finish match when repairing. Something to do with the colour and liquid finish of the 19” wheels.

Is anyone aware of some of the BMW wheels being particularly difficult to colour match when repairing?

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line

Last edited by LRS; 05-16-2008 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #5
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Thanks Hotcoupe

Gave Wicked Wheels a call today and they seem to come a cross as quite knowledgeable.

I have the BMW, Star spoke - style 230

Attachment 118751

One thing is kind of odd though, they said that these particular BMW wheels that I have are quite difficult to colour finish match when repairing. Something to do with the colour and liquid finish of the 19” wheels.

Is anyone aware of some of the BMW wheels being particularly difficult to colour match when repairing?
The dealer curbed one of my 225M's last week so they took it in for a repair job - colour match is perfect and I can not spot where the repair was done!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 06:49 AM   #6
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
SoYank I need to find a firm that will beadblast and lathe-turn a set of 15" wheels and re-lacquer them without me having to drive half a dozen hours to get to them.
Not sure where your based SoYank, but I've used these Guys before.I sent a set of wheels up by courier, they done the business (refurbed 4 x MV2's), within a week and sent them back.

Really professional outfit and the repairs and finish was excellent.

http://www.sweeneysherlock.co.uk/

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 08:12 AM   #7
Chris33
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

My local BMW dealer has a "Smart repair" service. They do wheels,dents etc and I'm sure most BMW dealers have them aswell?

They do a fantasic job and it's not expensive either.
Le Mans blue/ black leather with Aluminum trim/ privacy glass/ xenon's/ black line rear lights/ OEM 18inch M Sport wheel upgrade/ PDC/ blue tooth/ Hi-Fi speaker system/ heated front seats/ storage pack/ auto lights+wipers/ green sun strip/ OEM boot spoiler/
external mirror package.
Appreciate 0