BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

08-28-2014, 03:18 AM   #1
M1E
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 CSL, F80 M3

Getting rid of active sound. who can help?

I am absolutely annoyed by the active sound in the M3.
I don't care what BMW argues. fact is it is pretty loud, artificial and kind of monotone.

I had many M cars in the past, all of them sounded well. currenty i am driving also a 1M coupe with a turbo engine like the M3 but with nice honest engine and excaust sound.

I found some advice for the m5 like pulling a cable in the trunk but some say it will only work with B&O HiFi system.

there is one suggestion to code it off from pillpusher84, but he is banned from the forum. don't know why.

so briefly, pls if anyone knows how to disable the ASD in M3/M4 pls let me/us know. Thanks!

P.S. pls no arguments about why or like "it sounds good" etc..this is not a thread about if you like the sound or not!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 04:04 AM   #2
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

It is able to be coded out. Either contact one of the vendors that does coding, or perhaps one of the people on the forum that can do it in person, or remotely.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
xTaitox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1E View Post
I am absolutely annoyed by the active sound in the M3.
I don't care what BMW argues. fact is it is pretty loud, artificial and kind of monotone.

I had many M cars in the past, all of them sounded well. currenty i am driving also a 1M coupe with a turbo engine like the M3 but with nice honest engine and excaust sound.

I found some advice for the m5 like pulling a cable in the trunk but some say it will only work with B&O HiFi system.

there is one suggestion to code it off from pillpusher84, but he is banned from the forum. don't know why.

so briefly, pls if anyone knows how to disable the ASD in M3/M4 pls let me/us know. Thanks!

P.S. pls no arguments about why or like "it sounds good" etc..this is not a thread about if you like the sound or not!!!
trying to figure out why he got banned myself since he seemed pretty helpful when it came to coding.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 11:57 PM   #4
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

You can still find him on other forums and ebay. Buy his cable on ebay and he will code for free. Part of reason he got banned is he was taking business away from paying vendors, and I am sure this site wanted him to pay vendor fees.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 01:57 AM   #5
M1E
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 CSL, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
You can still find him on other forums and ebay. Buy his cable on ebay and he will code for free. Part of reason he got banned is he was taking business away from paying vendors, and I am sure this site wanted him to pay vendor fees.

Many Thx..will try to contact him
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1E View Post
Many Thx..will try to contact him
I can code it off for you if you're close enough in Germany.
Appreciate 0