F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > ED Free Lunch and Accessory/Gift Shop
proTUNING Freaks

08-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
RJGBMW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335ix GT

ED Free Lunch and Accessory/Gift Shop

Wanting to get everything possible from ED BMW, do you get a free lunch at the Welt on the day you pick up your car? Also, what do they sell at the gift/accessory store at the Welt? I'm particularly interested in getting the Luxury floor mats that are not sold in the US, as well as the rubber floor mats and the Luxury (saddle color) parking brake leather handle. Are these the type of items sold there? How are the prices? Competitive with Europe? US? Any tips from those that have gone before? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
bmwperson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

There is a buffet open all day and you can even come back the next day if you'd like. The gift shop is kinda big, I dont remember seeing floor mats, its a bunch of clothing and stuff. I thought prices were same as in the US.

Tips: I think if you call ahead you can get BMW to pick you up, otherwise cab is $60Euro, public parking in Munich is ok otherwise the hotel charges 15Euro/day. We used public transport in the city since you can drink and not worry about parking. You need a safety vest, available at gift shop. Dont try to leave the city in the morning/after work, it will take an additional 1h to your trip. Don't rush, don't plan too many things it ruins the fun.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive 6spd loaded
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #3
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Just did ED, message if you'd like.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
BMW offered me free airport pickup. The guy was at the airport with a brand new 750Li and a little sign with my name on it. Very nice.

They give you a 10 Euro credit for the giftshop when you pick up a car. As with home, nothing in the shop is 10 euro. Based on the Euro / Dollar conversion I thought the prices were much higher than here. I paid 15 euro ($20 USD+) for a pair of safety vests. I could have got them from my dealer for 15 USD at home.

If you buy accessories while doing ED you need to take them home with you in your luggage. Everything must be removed from the car when you ship it. Its better to buy those here.

-Time
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #5
F30kma
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
BMW offered me free airport pickup. The guy was at the airport with a brand new 750Li and a little sign with my name on it. Very nice.

They give you a 10 Euro credit for the giftshop when you pick up a car. As with home, nothing in the shop is 10 euro. Based on the Euro / Dollar conversion I thought the prices were much higher than here. I paid 15 euro ($20 USD+) for a pair of safety vests. I could have got them from my dealer for 15 USD at home.

If you buy accessories while doing ED you need to take them home with you in your luggage. Everything must be removed from the car when you ship it. Its better to buy those here.

-Time
Curious about the free airport pickup.. is it expected to tip the driver and if so, how much are we talking about? thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Never expected but certainly appreciated. Did the driver handle your bags? Tipping isn't as frequent or as "expected" as it is in the States from my observations.

Our driver waited an extra 45 minutes for us while we chased our missing luggage ( it showed up 3 days later in Italy). He was going to school and driving to help pay for school. The 5 or 10 Euros the wife tipped him didn't kill us.

Last edited by G30 B58; 09-13-2014 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

An ED packet should have been received for those doing ED with all the info that you need. The BMW Welt does not sell parts, they only sell BMW Apparel. For parts you must go to a German dealer -expect absurd prices.

The email for airport/hotel/BMW Welt (between 2 of those locations) complimentary transportation service is limousine@sixt.com. You must set an appointment before using the service.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #8
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30kma View Post
Curious about the free airport pickup.. is it expected to tip the driver and if so, how much are we talking about? thanks in advance.
The guy was at terminal exit with my name printed on a sign. For that I thought he deserved a tip. With most of Europe tips aren't automatically expected but giving them for good service is very much appreciated. I gave the guy a five euro bill and he seemed surprised.

European employment laws help ensure people in service industry actually make a living wage. So tips are what they're supposed to be; a bonus. I think in touristy restaurants and tours they're starting to expect some kind of tip from Americans. Most Europeans however don't tip anywhere as much or often as we do.
Appreciate 0