R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-18-2014, 03:05 AM   #1
milhouse
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: M4

What type of dyno would you run you car on.

This in not one of this how much Hp does the car have, is it underrated or overrated. I like those treads, but I dont understand everything regaring engines and the english makes it a littel bit harder to understand for me so I probably just understand 50%...

But back to the titel. I want too take the car on a dyno.
I have 2 different playes to go. On is just around the corner and they have a Dynapack. It is a Honda/nissa place, but the are quit good from what I have heard. The other place is ESS tuning, normal dyno we call it a "rolling road".
2 hours drive both way.

The reasons that I want to do it is to compare. I had my e46 m3 ess supercharged at ESS and I had a 335i at at Dunapack place som years back.

I have a friend that want to join to take his m4 on the same dyno. I have a spescial code on my car called: special checked press vehicel...

His car has only 1600miles on it and mine has 3600miles. Do you thing it will effelt the date. both car has done the brake in service.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse
This in not one of this how much Hp does the car have, is it underrated or overrated. I like those treads, but I dont understand everything regaring engines and the english makes it a littel bit harder to understand for me so I probably just understand 50%...

But back to the titel. I want too take the car on a dyno.
I have 2 different playes to go. On is just around the corner and they have a Dynapack. It is a Honda/nissa place, but the are quit good from what I have heard. The other place is ESS tuning, normal dyno we call it a "rolling road".
2 hours drive both way.

The reasons that I want to do it is to compare. I had my e46 m3 ess supercharged at ESS and I had a 335i at at Dunapack place som years back.

I have a friend that want to join to take his m4 on the same dyno. I have a spescial code on my car called: special checked press vehicel...

His car has only 1600miles on it and mine has 3600miles. Do you thing it will effelt the date. both car has done the brake in service.
If you are trying to compare to your old car, I would use the same dyno. If you are comparing before and after mods, simply use the same type of dyno to see a delta.

If you want to see the most comparable numbers to others and ones that should be in line with what we've been seeing, use a dynojet as they are the most popular.
      08-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #3
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Go to ESS.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0