E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Vollkommen Design M Sport Lip~Help!!!

07-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
RandyRanderrs
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 328i e90

Vollkommen Design M Sport Lip~Help!!!

okay so i installed the vollkomen design m sport lip with 3m double sided tape and then i drilled the under part in with washers and screws, but the other day it started to sag and the whole front part just stopped holding, the double sided tape wont hold it. can someone help me? what should i do?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2014, 10:02 PM   #2
Underground6t9
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi, Lexus is250

Pictures would help
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 07:10 AM   #3
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyRanderrs
okay so i installed the vollkomen design m sport lip with 3m double sided tape and then i drilled the under part in with washers and screws, but the other day it started to sag and the whole front part just stopped holding, the double sided tape wont hold it. can someone help me? what should i do?
If you used sheet metal screws into the plastic bumper, then this is your problem.

Solution: pull the bumper off (10 minute job, instruction in DIY section of this forum) and mount with bolts/washers on both sides/nuts.

I've had the bumper off about 5 times now, it really is very simple.

Mounting a lip without pulling the bumper is not sufficient (you're not the first here with this question)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
BOOSTLEE
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, Ducati 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyRanderrs View Post
I could not get double sided sticky tape to stick on my either (carbon fiber version) so I've used aluminum rivets in five places; do this only if you like the rivet look and don't mind drilling into your bumper

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
melloww22
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyRanderrs View Post
I drilled the holes on the lip to match the existing bumper holes and used 1nch 8mm screws that fit into the existing brackets.

9 holes, 9 screws, 9 3/16 washers and 3M (20lbs capable) double sided tape only at the top line...
Appreciate 0