E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Radio preset problem...

12-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Radio preset problem...

My check mark for my radio preset station keeps on disappearing from the screen. I have an 06 e90 no idrive. When you select one of the 12 preset station, there is a check mark next to the selected preset. Somehow preset #4 and #9 does not seem to retain the check mark (will take a photo when I have time). All the other 10 preset does not show this behavior.

Brought the car to dealer, on the way to the dealer, I selected preset #4 and sure enough by the time I got to the dealer, the check mark disappeared. I was able to show my SA for proof. They scheduled me and took my car into the shop. 3 hours later, came back and told me it was normal. Said they do not hear of any SIB related to this (so must be normal behavior). They said there is no progman out there to address this particular issue. I am just tire of arguing and took it as is. So now I turn to you all for any news on this.

True, I did not do a search, I thought maybe someone might have recently come across such a thread and could point me to the right direction. But if I do not get any responses, I will search later. I have on my heat resistance flame suite on so go ahead and fire at me I have thick skin too
      12-15-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
gloster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i MT, sport

Didn't you see the thread about the vent underneath the seats? Clearly your checkmarks have fallen into the vents. Put a piece of tape on the end of a coat hanger and fish them out.

(you *did* invite smartass remarks.....)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloster View Post

Didn't you see the thread about the vent underneath the seats? Clearly your checkmarks have fallen into the vents. Put a piece of tape on the end of a coat hanger and fish them out.

(you *did* invite smartass remarks.....)
hahaha, I am glad I could provide you with some entertainment .

I did not think I would get many reply from this thread being that the e9x is fairly for hipped owners who are into ipod, mp3, and satellite radio (not the conventional radio of the past). With that said, I doubt anyone even care about their radio preset. Being old fashion, I still like to listen to the radio in the morning. I thought maybe somone might be interested in testing out their preset. I guess I will have to search now but I doubt I find anything related to this.
      12-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
txusa03
Major General
Rep

so I did a search exclusively in the audio sub forum for "radio station preset check mark" and guess what, I got 1 result, it was my own thread. I guess the SA was right, it is a normal behavior
      12-17-2007, 03:00 PM   #5
gloster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i MT, sport

You pegged me; I almost never listen to anything but my iPod.

This certainly does sound strange though. I will certainly watch for it on those rare events I use the radio.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 07:19 AM   #6
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloster View Post
You pegged me; I almost never listen to anything but my iPod.

This certainly does sound strange though. I will certainly watch for it on those rare events I use the radio.
hahaha, anyway, I am currently running progman 23 on my car. I think it depends on what progman version each person have that might or might not affect the preset. Just want to include this bit of info for those interested in testing this.
      12-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #7
bytheway5
Rep
Drives: Car

The check mark also disappears in my car on preset 4, so you are not alone with that annoyance. I have not looked into getting this fixed yet.
Appreciate 0