E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > First IDrive shut off now car wont start!

07-16-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
ankman
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

First IDrive shut off now car wont start!

I am not sure if its all related but a few weeks back I took my e90 2006 330xi to the dealer for the passenger seat airbag recall. When I picked up my car I noticed my Idrive software was different. I asked the service advisor and he said they gave me an update.

First I noticed warning messages would stay on the dash the entire car ride where as they should warn then go away. Then one day I was driving and my dash lit up bright then went back to normal. A week later my I Drive system would shut off while driving and reboot itself until it finally died for good.

I called BMW and they agreed to look at the I drive system to see what was wrong but they have no appointments for 2 weeks. Today I went to move my car and the car wont start. The car doesnt seem to even try and start and I get all types of Warning symbols on the dash. It seems like the electronics are dead.

Anyone else experience this? Do you think its all related to BMW reprogramming the car? Thanks in advance for the help
Appreciate 0