E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > All Warning Lights Came On

06-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
Kurt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

All Warning Lights Came On

Yesterday AM when driving to the office in my 2011 328xi six speed, all the warning lights came on at once. This includes ABS, DTC, etc. Also, the speedometer and tach were pulsing on and off. And the turn signal would work only intermittently. The car ran fine.

I went to this site, and saw that others in the past had experienced the same problem. There were different solutions that people seemed to arrive at, and I wanted to relate what solved my problem.

The great service manager at my dealer (Capital Cities BMW in Albany, NY) made an initial phone diagnosis that the tire pressure sensing module typically triggers this type of event. He said that when the tire pressure information does not get thru, it then disrupts the rest of the computer information. So he said he would look at the car as soon as I could get it to him.

After driving to the dealer (I live in the sticks so it is 1.5 hours for me), it turns out that his diagnosis was correct, it was the tire pressure module. So they replaced it under warranty with me having to pay a $50 co pay. The car has about 55,000 on it. And they did a complete program update on the car so I understand that I have the latest software now.

So I am a happy camper. The car got fixed the same day (when does that happen?) It was under warranty. The service manager gave a correct phone diagnosis.

Hope this helps if any of you have the same problem.
Appreciate 0