E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Auto Lights/Rain sensor/high beam assistant

12-08-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
Budgie
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X1 25D M sport

Garage List
Auto Lights/Rain sensor/high beam assistant

My friend has a E90 saloon...320d and ive got a E92 320d coupe...he hasnt got auto lights and high beam assistant and rain sensor ..i have ....can you retrofit and is it simple or difficult and what does he require in order to do this ???.

Im sure i have faith in the DIY'ers on here...

B
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
tintivilus
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
My friend has a E90 saloon...320d and ive got a E92 320d coupe...he hasnt got auto lights and high beam assistant and rain sensor ..i have ....can you retrofit and is it simple or difficult and what does he require in order to do this ???.

Im sure i have faith in the DIY'ers on here...

B
It's a nasty bit of work. I'd be interested in retrofitting the high-beam assistant myself but it would involve a lot of swapping of boxes and dealership coding. The sensor cluster for auto-everything is in the base of the mirror, and there's a wiring harness the runs around to the dash and hooks into various bits.

I'm quite certain it could be done, especially if there's a junkyard donor involved for swapping already-coded boxes, but it'd still be impressed if someone pulled it off.

Check realoem.com for pointers on how many parts would need to change.
Appreciate 0