BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Miesterschaft SGT / GTC exhaust with X Pipes on a LCI F90c

09-25-2022, 07:18 AM   #1
ndkicker
NDKICKER20
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
Miesterschaft SGT / GTC exhaust with X Pipes on a LCI F90c

A few questions about Miesterschaft exhaust with X-Pipes. I got the SGT with X-Pipes set for install in 2-3 weeks.

My goal is more frequent and louder pops, crackles and burbles without voiding my extended 125,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I know I am still an 18yr old trapped in the body of a 45 yr old, but I like it. I want the valved option so I don't piss off all my neighbors at 5am, only some of them. I am also deleting the carbon filter and adding a BMC air filter.

1. My local tuning exhaust shop in Omaha is telling me both the SGT and the GTC exhaust are valve controlled. He states the SGT is more aggressive than the GTC?

GT Haus website states only the GTC is valve controlled.

https://gthaus.com/product/bmw-f90-m...bo-sedan-2018/

Is he referring to the Sound Control on the center console??

2. Does the BMW sound control in the off position reduce the sound on a non valved cat back system? Weird that sound control "on" means a louder sound than sound control "off"????

3. Has anyone done the Miesterschaft SGT or GTC with X-Pipes ? Just a cat back system, I am not doing cat delete or down pipes.

4. All the online videos I can find are pre LCI and only on a standard M5. I have a 23 M5c. Will I get a better result with a competition LCI vs a non competition pre LCI ??

5. I have no plans on doing a piggyback/tune(warranty and not mechanically inclined to remove it every 60 days when I get an oil change ( I will drive 50,000-60,000 miles a year). Would a Cold Air Intake and turbo inlets benefit my new setup. I would only do it if it improves the HP/TRQ . Don't care about turbo whistle, only pops, crackles and burbles. If it helps, which brand would you recommend??

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 12:39 PM   #2
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndkicker View Post
A few questions about Miesterschaft exhaust with X-Pipes. I got the SGT with X-Pipes set for install in 2-3 weeks.

My goal is more frequent and louder pops, crackles and burbles without voiding my extended 125,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I know I am still an 18yr old trapped in the body of a 45 yr old, but I like it. I want the valved option so I don't piss off all my neighbors at 5am, only some of them. I am also deleting the carbon filter and adding a BMC air filter.

1. My local tuning exhaust shop in Omaha is telling me both the SGT and the GTC exhaust are valve controlled. He states the SGT is more aggressive than the GTC?

2. Does the BMW sound control in the off position reduce the sound on a non valved cat back system? Weird that sound control "on" means a louder sound than sound control "off"????

3. Has anyone done the Miesterschaft SGT or GTC with X-Pipes ? Just a cat back system, I am not doing cat delete or down pipes.

4. All the online videos I can find are pre LCI and only on a standard M5. I have a 23 M5c. Will I get a better result with a competition LCI vs a non competition pre LCI ??

5. I have no plans on doing a piggyback/tune(warranty and not mechanically inclined to remove it every 60 days when I get an oil change ( I will drive 50,000-60,000 miles a year). Would a Cold Air Intake and turbo inlets benefit my new setup. I would only do it if it improves the HP/TRQ . Don't care about turbo whistle, only pops, crackles and burbles. If it helps, which brand would you recommend??

Why do you think a pre LCI much less comp would sound any different? They both have the same engine.

No experience about the SGT or GTC but I would reach out to them. Haven't seen a lot of traction with the Meiser exhausts on the F90.

And while the exhaust button will do a little to control sound, it is more than just valves. Exhaust button will also limit the fart noises when in sport+
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 09:08 PM   #3
ndkicker
NDKICKER20
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:

Why do you think a pre LCI much less comp would sound any different? They both have the same engine.

No experience about the SGT or GTC but I would reach out to them. Haven't seen a lot of traction with the Meiser exhausts on the F90.

And while the exhaust button will do a little to control sound, it is more than just valves. Exhaust button will also limit the fart noises when in sport+
Thanks for the feedback,I was asking if a non comp pre LCI would sound different than a LCI comp. Had read that BMW had reduced the exhaust sound on the LCI both standard M5 and M5c. Also read a comp has a more aggressive exhaust sound than a M5. I am aware they come with different exhausts, stock vs M sport and they are tuned differently 600hp vs 617hp. Didn't know if the tune affects exhaust sound ??
The only videos I could find on the SGT were pre LCI non comp. That's why I was curious.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 11:36 PM   #4
bimmerbeast9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f90 m5c

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback,I was asking if a non comp pre LCI would sound different than a LCI comp. Had read that BMW had reduced the exhaust sound on the LCI both standard M5 and M5c. Also read a comp has a more aggressive exhaust sound than a M5. I am aware they come with different exhausts, stock vs M sport and they are tuned differently 600hp vs 617hp. Didn't know if the tune affects exhaust sound ??
The only videos I could find on the SGT were pre LCI non comp. That's why I was curious.
i have the full gtc setup. full catless full stainless exhaust. the gtc has a larger can So when you close the valves it muffles it quite well. No backfires or anything. The SGT has valves but the canister doesn't really do much.

mine shoots flames lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-05-2022, 07:14 AM   #5
bimmerbeast9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f90 m5c

Quote:
??

Appreciate 0