BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    1/4 times / Members only

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2019, 11:29 PM   #89
yellowssm
Captain
yellowssm's Avatar
210
Rep
858
Posts

Drives: 16 M4
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: las vegas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Nod, Terry and Payam both made the same recommendation if memory serves and I've seen it on their forum, too. I tried it a few times and didn't get the results I was after. I did A LOT of research online across 6 or 7 car manufacturers and eventually found a trend (quite a recent trend... perhaps the past 2 years) toward Klotz. I tried it and it worked first time--the difference between adding it and not adding it is palpable in power delivery and eliminating uncomfortable lumps and/or hesitation.
I have a 19. Are you sure we only have 100 launches?
__________________
19 MBB M5C
16 Yas MarinaM4 (gone)
05 E46 M3 HPF/ProEfi Stage 2.25 (Gone )
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 11:53 PM   #90
limeypride
Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1816
Rep
2,440
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Nod, Terry and Payam both made the same recommendation if memory serves and I've seen it on their forum, too. I tried it a few times and didn't get the results I was after. I did A LOT of research online across 6 or 7 car manufacturers and eventually found a trend (quite a recent trend... perhaps the past 2 years) toward Klotz. I tried it and it worked first time--the difference between adding it and not adding it is palpable in power delivery and eliminating uncomfortable lumps and/or hesitation.
I have a 19. Are you sure we only have 100 launches?
I can only say I retroactively learned of the limitation—the apparent ceiling is on QS3 or quick shift 3s which is apparently what the ZF does when in launch mode.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:24 PM   #91
vtknight
Major
vtknight's Avatar
929
Rep
1,079
Posts

Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

I know Hockey has already beaten this with his 10.79 - but I was pretty happy with my 10.860. MPH was slightly low compared to my 10.87 run at 129.5 - but still solid.

These dailies continue to impress - and are for sure quickest of the big three - Audi, MB and BMW - and Porsche Panamera.

Great Family all rounder!
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
      10-31-2019, 09:55 PM   #92
Hockeytyme
Captain
Hockeytyme's Avatar
510
Rep
759
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5C
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, CA.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
I know Hockey has already beaten this with his 10.79 - but I was pretty happy with my 10.860. MPH was slightly low compared to my 10.87 run at 129.5 - but still solid.

These dailies continue to impress - and are for sure quickest of the big three - Audi, MB and BMW - and Porsche Panamera.

Great Family all rounder!
Heck ya @ that time. No shame there buddy!
__________________
DME: 1848 DA 0-60 2.42 -- 1/8 Mile 6.38 -- 1/4 Mile 9.89 -- 60-130 5.91
Evolve: 1418 DA 0-60 2.48 -- 1/8 Mile 6.47 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.48
JB4: 1096 DA 0-60 2.54 -- 1/8 Mile 6.50 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.18
IG: @hockeytyme All runs on street with no prep on 21 inch wheels and PS4S tires
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 10:02 PM   #93
limeypride
Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1816
Rep
2,440
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
I know Hockey has already beaten this with his 10.79 - but I was pretty happy with my 10.860. MPH was slightly low compared to my 10.87 run at 129.5 - but still solid.

These dailies continue to impress - and are for sure quickest of the big three - Audi, MB and BMW - and Porsche Panamera.

Great Family all rounder!
Nice!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 03:36 PM   #94
FloridaM5
Second Lieutenant
137
Rep
281
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

getting better...and cooler.

2019 base m5
awe intake
weistec ecu file
beta tcu file (on rev 2 ....playing with it)
remus catback
stock ps 4s
10 gallons 93 octane, 6 gallons 100 octane, 3 gallons e85...not ideal but had too much 93 octane in tank, so needed an octane boost

Happy with the first half of the track. Back half can improve....this run my 60-130 was 7.8 which is not good, even for me. I average closer to 7.4 now.

Run was against a hellcat on tires with intake, stock ecu, and race gas. He had back seat removed and passenger front seat removed.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #95
Hockeytyme
Captain
Hockeytyme's Avatar
510
Rep
759
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5C
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, CA.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
getting better...and cooler.

2019 base m5
awe intake
weistec ecu file
beta tcu file (on rev 2 ....playing with it)
remus catback
stock ps 4s
10 gallons 93 octane, 6 gallons 100 octane, 3 gallons e85...not ideal but had too much 93 octane in tank, so needed an octane boost

Happy with the first half of the track. Back half can improve....this run my 60-130 was 7.8 which is not good, even for me. I average closer to 7.4 now.

Run was against a hellcat on tires with intake, stock ecu, and race gas. He had back seat removed and passenger front seat removed.
Not bad at all!

Your 60ft and your 0-60 are solid... maybe you need to scoot your seat up so you can push the pedal all the way down after launch control throws you back so you don't slow down the 2nd half..haha
__________________
DME: 1848 DA 0-60 2.42 -- 1/8 Mile 6.38 -- 1/4 Mile 9.89 -- 60-130 5.91
Evolve: 1418 DA 0-60 2.48 -- 1/8 Mile 6.47 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.48
JB4: 1096 DA 0-60 2.54 -- 1/8 Mile 6.50 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.18
IG: @hockeytyme All runs on street with no prep on 21 inch wheels and PS4S tires
Appreciate 1
FloridaM5137.00

      11-04-2019, 02:14 PM   #96
FloridaM5
Second Lieutenant
137
Rep
281
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytyme View Post
Not bad at all!

Your 60ft and your 0-60 are solid... maybe you need to scoot your seat up so you can push the pedal all the way down after launch control throws you back so you don't slow down the 2nd half..haha
never know bud! will def give that a shot.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 11:12 PM   #97
Hockeytyme
Captain
Hockeytyme's Avatar
510
Rep
759
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5C
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, CA.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
never know bud! will def give that a shot.
Right! The launch definitely has some punch to it. Could be barely lifting and not know it.
__________________
DME: 1848 DA 0-60 2.42 -- 1/8 Mile 6.38 -- 1/4 Mile 9.89 -- 60-130 5.91
Evolve: 1418 DA 0-60 2.48 -- 1/8 Mile 6.47 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.48
JB4: 1096 DA 0-60 2.54 -- 1/8 Mile 6.50 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.18
IG: @hockeytyme All runs on street with no prep on 21 inch wheels and PS4S tires
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 01:49 AM   #98
Hockeytyme
Captain
Hockeytyme's Avatar
510
Rep
759
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5C
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, CA.

iTrader: (0)

(Disclaimer: I know my times are invalid because I'm over the slope limit. But, it's all I got close by and it's just for comparisons as I add more to the car)

I ran 10.79 completely stock on 91oct with pretty high DA

After adding Remus exhaust, lighter wheels, and GruppeM intake my times went up in everything. More than expected. Can't wait to put the real stuff on it

It was fogging up just a bit and humidity was pretty high along with the DA.

Run 1: 10.63 with a 60-130 of 7.76 and 0-60 of 2.85
Run 2: 10.66 with a 60-130 of 7.86 and 0-60 of 2.82

60ft was 1.63 on both runs

Unlike the stock run, this time I ran in comfort mode. I'm getting zero wheel spin and it honestly feels like it's not launching as hard as the first time when I tried stock but my times are better.

I tried launching around 2700rpm the first run and just over 3000 I think on the second. Hard to tell, it happens so fast. I need some wheel spin so I can find the middle ground.
Attached Images
  
__________________
DME: 1848 DA 0-60 2.42 -- 1/8 Mile 6.38 -- 1/4 Mile 9.89 -- 60-130 5.91
Evolve: 1418 DA 0-60 2.48 -- 1/8 Mile 6.47 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.48
JB4: 1096 DA 0-60 2.54 -- 1/8 Mile 6.50 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.18
IG: @hockeytyme All runs on street with no prep on 21 inch wheels and PS4S tires
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 07:05 AM   #99
limeypride
Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1816
Rep
2,440
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytyme View Post
(Disclaimer: I know my times are invalid because I'm over the slope limit. But, it's all I got close by and it's just for comparisons as I add more to the car)

I ran 10.79 completely stock on 91oct with pretty high DA

After adding Remus exhaust, lighter wheels, and GruppeM intake my times went up in everything. More than expected. Can't wait to put the real stuff on it

It was fogging up just a bit and humidity was pretty high along with the DA.

Run 1: 10.63 with a 60-130 of 7.76 and 0-60 of 2.85
Run 2: 10.66 with a 60-130 of 7.86 and 0-60 of 2.82

60ft was 1.63 on both runs

Unlike the stock run, this time I ran in comfort mode. I'm getting zero wheel spin and it honestly feels like it's not launching as hard as the first time when I tried stock but my times are better.

I tried launching around 2700rpm the first run and just over 3000 I think on the second. Hard to tell, it happens so fast. I need some wheel spin so I can find the middle ground.
NICE!
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2019, 12:00 PM   #100
FloridaM5
Second Lieutenant
137
Rep
281
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytyme View Post
(Disclaimer: I know my times are invalid because I'm over the slope limit. But, it's all I got close by and it's just for comparisons as I add more to the car)

I ran 10.79 completely stock on 91oct with pretty high DA

After adding Remus exhaust, lighter wheels, and GruppeM intake my times went up in everything. More than expected. Can't wait to put the real stuff on it

It was fogging up just a bit and humidity was pretty high along with the DA.

Run 1: 10.63 with a 60-130 of 7.76 and 0-60 of 2.85
Run 2: 10.66 with a 60-130 of 7.86 and 0-60 of 2.82

60ft was 1.63 on both runs

Unlike the stock run, this time I ran in comfort mode. I'm getting zero wheel spin and it honestly feels like it's not launching as hard as the first time when I tried stock but my times are better.

I tried launching around 2700rpm the first run and just over 3000 I think on the second. Hard to tell, it happens so fast. I need some wheel spin so I can find the middle ground.
Strong!! Car's looking sick too man.
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2019, 12:02 PM   #101
Hockeytyme
Captain
Hockeytyme's Avatar
510
Rep
759
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5C
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, CA.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
Strong!! Car's looking sick too man.
Thanks bud! Can't wait to put some real mods on it :P
__________________
DME: 1848 DA 0-60 2.42 -- 1/8 Mile 6.38 -- 1/4 Mile 9.89 -- 60-130 5.91
Evolve: 1418 DA 0-60 2.48 -- 1/8 Mile 6.47 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.48
JB4: 1096 DA 0-60 2.54 -- 1/8 Mile 6.50 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.18
IG: @hockeytyme All runs on street with no prep on 21 inch wheels and PS4S tires
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 05:05 PM   #102
gtenedio
Lieutenant
133
Rep
458
Posts

Drives: '19 M5C, '19 X3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

map 6 tinkering, on e85 blend ~ 100 oct
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2019, 11:23 PM   #103
limeypride
Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1816
Rep
2,440
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtenedio View Post
map 6 tinkering, on e85 blend ~ 100 oct
Dang, that's awesome! Basically the same 1/4 mile as me.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 11:43 PM   #104
limeypride
Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1816
Rep
2,440
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtenedio View Post
map 6 tinkering, on e85 blend ~ 100 oct
Forgot to ask: what was the map 6 setup? You were really shifting in the latter half!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 07:41 AM   #105
gtenedio
Lieutenant
133
Rep
458
Posts

Drives: '19 M5C, '19 X3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

just reset my recrord. 93 with boostane map 6
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 07:56 AM   #106
gtenedio
Lieutenant
133
Rep
458
Posts

Drives: '19 M5C, '19 X3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtenedio View Post
map 6 tinkering, on e85 blend ~ 100 oct
Forgot to ask: what was the map 6 setup? You were really shifting in the latter half!
5.5-6 pounds thru mid range, back down to 5.5.

cant grip right lately
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #107
gtenedio
Lieutenant
133
Rep
458
Posts

Drives: '19 M5C, '19 X3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

early morning run
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2019, 09:33 AM   #108
limeypride
Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1816
Rep
2,440
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtenedio View Post
early morning run
Incredible time. That's got to be a record for these negligible mods?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 09:52 AM   #109
limeypride
Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1816
Rep
2,440
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtenedio View Post
early morning run
Incredible time. That's got to be a record for these negligible mods?
You're the fastest non-ECU tuned M5 in Dragy and obviously the fastest piggyback again in Dragy.

Can you describe your fuel ratios, please?

Again—THAT'S F#CKING AMAZING!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #110
Hockeytyme
Captain
Hockeytyme's Avatar
510
Rep
759
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5C
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, CA.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtenedio View Post
early morning run
Hell ya, congrats!! That's an insane number!
__________________
DME: 1848 DA 0-60 2.42 -- 1/8 Mile 6.38 -- 1/4 Mile 9.89 -- 60-130 5.91
Evolve: 1418 DA 0-60 2.48 -- 1/8 Mile 6.47 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.48
JB4: 1096 DA 0-60 2.54 -- 1/8 Mile 6.50 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.18
IG: @hockeytyme All runs on street with no prep on 21 inch wheels and PS4S tires
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST