BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    After market steering wheel

09-19-2020, 06:38 AM   #23
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post
Quote:
Heated still works on the 9 & 3 position. Vibration/lane assist (Auto steer back into lane if swerving out) works. Only thing I couldn't transfer over was my driver assistance brain (basically BMWs auto pilot) because the company cut up the slot that was supposed to be inserted for that. Had no room with all the other wires to put it elsewhere unfortunately.
Looks awesome. Which company made yours??
No website but if you have Instagram they're @carbonbargain. People are weary of sharing prices because it's different for everybody and since I have a 850 and not a M5/M8, my wheel core is a bit cheaper (no M1/M2 button/module for it) everything else is the same between mine and a M8 wheel. I'm giving you this reference just incase they propose a high price in case you were to ask them for a quote. I got mine with heated/lane assist, full carbon trim, carbon paddles and buttons included with led shift light screen (big regret lol) for $1800 OTD!

If you have any questions and want to talk my Instagram is @edwarjejeega. I'm very easy to reach there. Even if you would need help with the installation process, don't do what I did and spend $350. It can easily be done at home in 30 mins as long as you have the tools.

Edit: more angles
Why are the shift lights lit up at a red light? That is cool. Didn't know that BMW wheel would work with the newer cars. What info shows up on the display?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 04:17 PM   #24
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Heated still works on the 9 & 3 position. Vibration/lane assist (Auto steer back into lane if swerving out) works. Only thing I couldn't transfer over was my driver assistance brain (basically BMWs auto pilot) because the company cut up the slot that was supposed to be inserted for that. Had no room with all the other wires to put it elsewhere unfortunately.
No website but if you have Instagram they're @carbonbargain. People are weary of sharing prices because it's different for everybody and since I have a 850 and not a M5/M8, my wheel core is a bit cheaper (no M1/M2 button/module for it) everything else is the same between mine and a M8 wheel. I'm giving you this reference just incase they propose a high price in case you were to ask them for a quote. I got mine with heated/lane assist, full carbon trim, carbon paddles and buttons included with led shift light screen (big regret lol) for $1800 OTD!

If you have any questions and want to talk my Instagram is @edwarjejeega. I'm very easy to reach there. Even if you would need help with the installation process, don't do what I did and spend $350. It can easily be done at home in 30 mins as long as you have the tools.

Why are the shift lights lit up at a red light? That is cool. Didn't know that BMW wheel would work with the newer cars. What info shows up on the display?
It isn't usually like that but since I'm on the option to change the colors of the led shift lights to my liking, it will stay on when using that screen/mode.

It shows quite a lot. MPH/KPH, RPM's. You can test 1/4 mile, you can see your oil/cooling temps. Battery Voltage, fuel %. So far I am loving it. Not really sure I would go with the led screen again rather just have it fully carbon but it's always nice to try something new
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 05:31 PM   #25
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp First Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Really interested sent them a message.
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
2018 Maserati Ghibli SQ4 GranSport
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2020, 06:17 PM   #26
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTATX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me know how it goes!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 06:19 PM   #27
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
They are waiting for bmw to give them a price for the core. I emailed them that I can send my steering wheel and they can just add ohc leds on top and how much would that cost and turn around time?
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 02:59 AM   #28
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me know how it goes!
$1999 plus tax n shipping 2-3 weeks turn around time. U get to keep ur steering wheel and they will just send a new one. Company is based in Texas. I will be going this route probably.
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 07:01 PM   #29
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just ordered today. Should have it in 2-3 weeks. Will post once received. Thanks
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
Appreciate 2
      11-06-2020, 05:09 PM   #30
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So ordered the wheel on 9/25 and as of 11/6 today no site of the order. I get this picture more than a week ago and after all the delays n promises of delivery today still nothing. On top of all ten delays if you look closely this steering wheel doesn't have Auto Pilot button which the company argued doesn't matter the functions will work the same.

Finally today made the decision to cancel the order and will probably contact Vivid Racing to place another order as Carbon Bargains was a nightmare experience. I had already started a dispute with affirm and they understood the situation and were willing to help but the vendor agreed to cancel the order.
Attached Images

2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594131.50
      11-08-2020, 09:10 PM   #31
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
So ordered the wheel on 9/25 and as of 11/6 today no site of the order. I get this picture more than a week ago and after all the delays n promises of delivery today still nothing. On top of all ten delays if you look closely this steering wheel doesn't have Auto Pilot button which the company argued doesn't matter the functions will work the same.

Finally today made the decision to cancel the order and will probably contact Vivid Racing to place another order as Carbon Bargains was a nightmare experience. I had already started a dispute with affirm and they understood the situation and were willing to help but the vendor agreed to cancel the order.
That's a shame brother. Glad they cancelled it at least!
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
GTATX1104.00
      11-08-2020, 09:10 PM   #32
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Placed another order with Vivid Racing. ETA is 10-12 weeks smh.
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 09:23 PM   #33
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
What they offering? Didn't see anything on their website.

Edit: nvm
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
GTATX1104.00
      11-08-2020, 09:38 PM   #34
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
What they offering? Didn't see anything on their website.

Edit: nvm
Contact Ryan there he will hook it up a little. Thanks
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #35
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

They had the nerve to charge 15% restocking for canceled order. Never ever to business with such companies.
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 12:22 PM   #36
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They had the nerve to charge 15% restocking for canceled order. Never ever to business with such companies.
Haha restocking! What did they restock? Can you fight it with your bank?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 12:49 PM   #37
GTATX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I did man but they said the canceling/ restocking fee is on their website so not much they can do. But it's ok what goes around comes around I'm sure he will be taken care off by someone eventually.
2021 BMW X6M Comp
2019 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #38
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I did man but they said the canceling/ restocking fee is on their website so not much they can do. But it's ok what goes around comes around I'm sure he will be taken care off by someone eventually.
Considering it took so long to fulfill the order i would have expected better service
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
GTATX1104.00
      03-10-2021, 07:22 AM   #39
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
I had contacted a company about a month ago regarding a "custom" Performance steering wheel for my M5 LCI. I was hoping to have the black leather removed, and replaced with "Tartufo" leather to match my interior, and to have the black alcantara remain untouched.

I was told that IN ADDITION to the cost of the wheel ($+/-2k) that the custom fabrication would be 2-3k MORE...
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 11:17 PM   #40
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
I can get it done.

Here are what has been made for F97 X3M, which will fit on F90 M5 too.
How much for this? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 11:26 AM   #41
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5rivers View Post
How much for this? Thanks!
PM me your VIN and I'll give you a quote.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 11:58 AM   #42
BSdoc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Out of curiosity I messaged the person on Instagram to inquire about the steering wheel, and he said he has one in stock ready to ship. Probably won't even consider it based on this thread, though.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 12:37 PM   #43
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

After talking with r33_RGSport I am just going to get the CF trim for the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #44
BrntRubber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 991 Speedster and F90 M5

Quote:
Does your car have Active Cruise control/Lane assist and heated option?? Those will all be disabled once you will go either aftermarket or OEM M Performance wheel. Hence I stayed stock, just added CF paddles and CF steering wheel trim.
How much is the CF Paddles.and trim?

Quote:
I can get it done.

Here are what has been made for F97 X3M, which will fit on F90 M5 too.
Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlinerobert View Post
I'm going to have Nexon Motors make one for me when I order my car (2021). They made one for Turbo S.

Attachment 2319763
Wow... beautiful

Quote:

The want is big for this

Quote:
PM me your VIN and I'll give you a quote.
Can you give me a steer on pricing please. No pun intended

I don't think I can resist this
Appreciate 0