BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Put Secondary DPs on my MPE

12-31-2022, 07:13 AM   #1
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Put Secondary DPs on my MPE

Just did it yesterday (MAD)and only driven a few miles playing around. Biggest difference is what seems to be a massive increase in volume for the pops and bangs when the button is engaged. I mean like gunshot volume! Not a huge benefit personally as I typically keep the button off anyway as I’m not a fan of those most times.

It definitely added SOME to the sound overall though as well, mostly hear at higher rpm on throttle. But, standing behind in the garage running (door open lol!) I like the deep sound heard and felt some in my chest! Of course it felt like it accelerated faster likely a placebo due to the fact I wanted it to. I’m sure the performance increase is immaterial though if quantified. I still would like more volume and growl though at idle and cruise if any suggestions. Again, I have the MPE.

(I’ve considered the Dinan resonator delete, but can’t find any testimonials nor do the couple trusted vendor experts I’ve consulted with on here ever done it for customers, so not sure if it’s a viable option at all)
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2023, 07:39 AM   #2
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Hmm, trying to post a sound clip from iPhone but unable. Says mov. is invalid. How do I post?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2023, 10:16 AM   #3
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

I don’t think you can post videos here. You have to use a third party site like YouTube or random file hosting that will let it embed.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 12:21 PM   #4
Info@mad-us.com
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: bmw

Sounds about right the secondaries give a mild to mid increase in sound. Primaries /secondaries would be the next step for those who want it huge gain is sound.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 09:15 AM   #5
amitvikram007
Mr. Sinister
India
Rep
Drives: F90 BMW M5 Competition 2021

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
Just did it yesterday (MAD)and only driven a few miles playing around. Biggest difference is what seems to be a massive increase in volume for the pops and bangs when the button is engaged. I mean like gunshot volume! Not a huge benefit personally as I typically keep the button off anyway as I’m not a fan of those most times.

It definitely added SOME to the sound overall though as well, mostly hear at higher rpm on throttle. But, standing behind in the garage running (door open lol!) I like the deep sound heard and felt some in my chest! Of course it felt like it accelerated faster likely a placebo due to the fact I wanted it to. I’m sure the performance increase is immaterial though if quantified. I still would like more volume and growl though at idle and cruise if any suggestions. Again, I have the MPE.

(I’ve considered the Dinan resonator delete, but can’t find any testimonials nor do the couple trusted vendor experts I’ve consulted with on here ever done it for customers, so not sure if it’s a viable option at all)
Hey! Was doing some research on installing catless secondaries and came across your post. Just thought I’ll share a bit of info on the Dinan resonator delete as I had been in touch with one of their representatives. Dinan resonator delete for the M5 involves cutting the mid section in half to accommodate the X pipe so personally I don’t really feel it’s worth it if you want to retain the OEM midpipe.

Also, I’m just curious as to why you might be needing a resonator delete. Hasn’t the MPE system already gotten rid of the resonator?
BMW 530D ///M-Sport LCI F10 2016 | Alpine White | Sold
Appreciate 0