Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #23
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbockrd View Post
LOL!! Sad, he should have thought before opening his mouth
Well I may have laughed at his face as soon as I knew he was unharmed. And the tires on that car were so wrong that he really should not go and replace his car without someone there to assist him. Still, that was our week 4 here, and that and a huge snow storm in february made my year.

The snow storm was epic. People talked about the snow storm. and we did see an inch of snow. We live near a hill, and the idiots blocked the whole thing cause they couldn't get their cars moving. The women listened me and them i got of, but there was this man in a Tesla and it took me 30 minutes just to get him not to use the brakes. We didn't have insurances back then, so I couldn't move their cars. The most entertaining night here by far was that!

I'm not mean usually, but sometimes life just is too much to go trough without laughter.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #24
W12x
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, Z/28, Evo Final Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mperative View Post
Probably not. Dealers order the demo cars with all options to make more $$$.
What I meant was a certain options on the cars could have caused a delay due to parts shortage and other reason

We will find out sooner or later.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #25
W12x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
well, the realistic in me expects this toy of mine to arrive for December. I would love to get it sooner, but hell no with my luck. ;D
We are planning on doing some video productions after the car arrives, so I want it ASAP

Will be taking the new AY M4 with CCB to the track along with my current MW E92 M3 and do a side to side comparison/review
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #26
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
We are planning on doing some video productions after the car arrives, so I want it ASAP

Will be taking the new AY M4 with CCB to the track along with my current MW E92 M3 and do a side to side comparison/review
That's a great plan! Way better than what I've come up with so far. =)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #27
///Mperative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: like grandma

Garage List
2014 BMW 550xi  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
What I meant was a certain options on the cars could have caused a delay due to parts shortage and other reason
I guess it's possible, but somehow I don't think that's the case. There's nothing truly special (parts-wise) about this car, except for some of the CF/CFRP bits like the driveshaft, trunklid, roof, etc. I may be wrong, but I do believe BMW manufactures the CF parts in house.
      03-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #28
W12x
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mperative
Quote:
I guess it's possible, but somehow I don't think that's the case. There's nothing truly special (parts-wise) about this car, except for some of the CF/CFRP bits like the driveshaft, trunklid, roof, etc. I may be wrong, but I do believe BMW manufactures the CF parts in house.
I would personally consider it semi in house as the parts company SGL also invested in BMW's CFRP plant in the US, not sure exactly how it works from an operational perspective tho. And both BMW and VW got stakes in SGL.
      03-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #29
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
... I'm a Finn. It's always snowing. The best thing about these cars is the feeling while driving it on snow.

Here you see the funniest things. I saw this guy mess up his 3 series coupe, and the first thing he said was that "I'm not used driving in the rain". It's Seattle for crying out loud!
its probably better than south east. guys here have a centimeter of snowfall and its armageddon. i miss drifting in snow in germany although they didn't have much this season.
      03-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #30
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Hmm. That would be so cool, but there would be hell to pay if I took of for a week just to hit the Autobahn. And my German is even rustier than my English, so I'd end up drunk and hungry every night.

I can see the conversation tough. "Honey, I'm going to fly till Germany. You can go and visit our family back home. HAve fun with the kids."
you are finn. gotta be a kimi fan right?

autobahn? screw that. spend the week on the nurburgring.

you have to say it the right way.

The savings on the car euro delivery price will cover your expenses to travel. so you gonna get in trouble for the purchase might as well do it right. take the family too!
      03-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #31
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
its probably better than south east. guys here have a centimeter of snowfall and its armageddon. i miss drifting in snow in germany although they didn't have much this season.
Yeah, It's fun! You feel like rally star without any skills!

I do wonder why people here are adamant that rwd can not be driven in snow or rain. They are missing all the fun in the world! Still, that man who totaled his car because of the rain made me think that the safety minded state of Washington should ban driving while rain is even a possibility. =D
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #32
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
you are finn. gotta be a kimi fan right?

autobahn? screw that. spend the week on the nurburgring.

you have to say it the right way.

The savings on the car euro delivery price will cover your expenses to travel. so you gonna get in trouble for the purchase might as well do it right. take the family too!

I have never seen an F1 race, even from the tv. I'm always the one doing stupid things instead of just seeing them on telly. Finns are obsessed with F1 racing, so this is something to be ashamed of, don't tell anyone.

The Ring would be a lovely way to start the life with my toy, but unfortunately I'm whipped. No way am I getting him to take the kids back home, while I would be playing there. The kids on the other hand would love to come with me, and that would kind of ruin the fun for me.

I have told my husband that germany will be our point of honeymoon, unfortunately he knows me well enough not to expect to find a romantic reason behind this destination. I have even told him that his presence is not a must. That didn't sell my idea as well as i thought it would =(

Again, these are the things I would never admit in person.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #33
Lups
Rep

I know this is an Ot totally, but I have to tell you! It was sunny today, and apparently Microsoft employees took a day of, because I counted 9 M3 today. I'm now looking forward to the summer, just to see what else there is to see.

Maserati was also present! Of course that had to be the nanny banged edition full on with the female driver, but i do admit that for the first time in my life I thought about hiring a nanny. Shit I want that car.
Appreciate 0