BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    New tire bubble!

05-01-2023, 12:25 PM   #23
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoregression View Post
Ok - now the punchline: The rears are NOT run flats!

285/35ZR-20 PIRELLI P ZERO (104Y) STAR BMW, LUXURY XL

Wonderful.
Mismatching tires like this is a good sign the dealer you bought from does not care about its work. Hopefully you won’t be using it in the future.
Appreciate 2
      05-01-2023, 01:13 PM   #24
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Mismatching tires like this is a good sign the dealer you bought from does not care about its work. Hopefully you won’t be using it in the future.
+1 Agree on this 100%. Really unacceptable in any situation, but especially on a car like this.
      05-01-2023, 01:44 PM   #25
Autoregression
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
+1 Agree on this 100%. Really unacceptable in any situation, but especially on a car like this.
While I'm irritated at the dealer, I'm not that surprised. I have yet to work with a dealer that consistently meets expectations.

Mostly, I'm disappointed in myself. Would you believe that I actually checked the tires during the purchase process? If I hadn't seen the bubble, who knows when I would have noticed.
Appreciate 2
      05-01-2023, 02:13 PM   #26
pmsteinm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C, 19 X5

Garage List
Quote:
While I'm irritated at the dealer, I'm not that surprised. I have yet to work with a dealer that consistently meets expectations.

Mostly, I'm disappointed in myself. Would you believe that I actually checked the tires during the purchase process? If I hadn't seen the bubble, who knows when I would have noticed.
In all fairness to yourself at least the tires were to correct model (PZero) and size.

When I picked up my 1st new car, a 2000 Cadillac STS (which had been a dealer demo) the first thing I said when I saw it was "those are the wrong tires". They were, and after they looked around and couldn't find correct ones they went and got a 2001 STS out of storage (they weren't on sale yet) and took the wheels off that. It worked out better since they were 17" wheels with a better tire than the 16" one the 2000 model had.
Appreciate 2
      05-01-2023, 05:21 PM   #27
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:

Shit happens. You’ve got a car you love now and, your tire situation will be rectified soon. Don’t beat yourself up and just enjoy the hell out of it!
      05-04-2023, 10:48 AM   #28
Autoregression
Private
Rep

I may have found the problem. My curved curb shows tire marks from pulling into the driveway.

I go slow, based on years of owning cars with low profile tires and front lips that scrape. But perhaps not slow enough based on this car’s weight?

As mentioned earlier, it is also my first (and hopefully last) RFT. I’ll try adjusting my speed and angle of ingress to reduce the pressure on the tire.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 08:37 AM   #29
Autoregression
Private
Rep

The new tire is being mounted now. $500 lesson.

I believe I have a better technique to pull in to the driveway, and will ask my wife to video the tire as it contacts the rolled curb to verify.

If it still looks sketchy, does anyone have experience with curb ramps? Seems like there are a lot of fans, but also issues with city and HOAs. I’m sure my wife would hate the look as well.

Here is a portable version… but what a PITA to get out and install every time.
Appreciate 0