BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    Confess here

07-15-2021, 02:49 PM   #6205
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

cmyx6go I was told not to mount it above the fireplace due to the heat and causing a shorter life to the TV.

I know 100's of people do it but use that excuse to feel better about it
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25178.50
King Rudi13157.00
      07-15-2021, 03:21 PM   #6206
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
cmyx6go I was told not to mount it above the fireplace due to the heat and causing a shorter life to the TV.

I know 100's of people do it but use that excuse to feel better about it
I'll never use the fireplace, but thank you.
      07-15-2021, 03:39 PM   #6207
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Sedan_Clan did you get PM this morning? Are you still in the running for DRE cert?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25178.50
      07-15-2021, 03:52 PM   #6208
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Sedan_Clan did you get PM this morning? Are you still in the running for DRE cert?
You that desperate for a free drink?

No, but seriously, if you do show up, we sort of know a little about what Clan looks like right...hopefully you wind up drawing him as your officer and then do us all a favour - forcibly resist his advances...make him work for it! I mean, after all, you're not someone who puts out after only 3 drinks are you?

Maybe do a little run, maybe do a little dance, maybe go all limp - I dunno, the world is your oyster at that point.

And the observing officer can't hold it against him if you act the fool.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25178.50
King Rudi13157.00
      07-15-2021, 04:08 PM   #6209
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

No, but seriously, if you do show up, we sort of know a little about what Clan looks like right...hopefully you wind up drawing him as your officer and then do us all a favour - forcibly resist his advances...make him work for it! I mean, after all, you're not someone who puts out after only 3 drinks are you?

Maybe do a little run, maybe do a little dance, maybe go all limp - I dunno, the world is your oyster at that point.

I don't want to let my e-buddy down, after telling him I'd show. I just want to make sure I do things right. I was under the assumption that each DRE candidate had to bring his own test-drunkie. If I bailed, who would he test? Would he have to do a 3-way on some other drunk to pass??? Even if he has show-towels, I wouldn't do that to him.

Actually, as mentioned above, the story capacity is EPIC! "See, I went to this DUI clinic, and the fine officer got me drunk, then handed me the keys to his personal P-car so I could drive on their wet skid pad. They kept feeding me Jack until I couldn't make it across the pad, then they called me an Uber and sent me home 60+ miles. There's even videos!"
Appreciate 4
Buug95917725.50
Sedan_Clan25178.50
King Rudi13157.00
      07-15-2021, 07:03 PM   #6210
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
I'll text you in a few. I'm just getting out of class.

Quote:
Quote:

I could totally see those kinds of antics happening. Hilarious! I'm the only black officer in this class. I'm easy to pick out. Lol!

Sadly we did lose one today.

Quote:
Quote:

I don't want to let my e-buddy down, after telling him I'd show. I just want to make sure I do things right. I was under the assumption that each DRE candidate had to bring his own test-drunkie. If I bailed, who would he test? Would he have to do a 3-way on some other drunk to pass??? Even if he has show-towels, I wouldn't do that to him.

Actually, as mentioned above, the story capacity is EPIC! "See, I went to this DUI clinic, and the fine officer got me drunk, then handed me the keys to his personal P-car so I could drive on their wet skid pad. They kept feeding me Jack until I couldn't make it across the pad, then they called me an Uber and sent me home 60+ miles. There's even videos!"

What a visual!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 10:22 PM   #6211
2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i and Bmw 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Nursing home crashing. I like it! You've leveled up. <taking notes>
Fair warning, they're old souls and into some pretty freaky shit in bed.
or course they have done it ALL
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 05:45 AM   #6212
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:

For some reason I picture Uncle Wede looking exactly like his avatar. They need to take a picture together.

....., I thought everyone put out after only one or two drinks....,
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13157.00
      07-16-2021, 06:16 AM   #6213
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
For some reason I picture Uncle Wede looking exactly like his avatar. They need to take a picture together.

....., I thought everyone put out after only one or two drinks....,
He kind of does. There are pics of him somewhere on here.
King Rudi13157.00
      07-16-2021, 07:23 AM   #6214
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

I think we should have an, "I confess & dating thread" get together.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13157.00
      07-16-2021, 08:17 AM   #6215
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I've been MIA for a few years so probably missed a lot.

Paging UncleWede, please provide picture.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25178.50
      07-16-2021, 08:20 AM   #6216
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
I confess that I briefly dated the bartender to the bar I frequent near work, then she quit, and now I'm seeing the replacement bartender.

I put all the blame Akon.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25178.50
King Rudi13157.00
      07-16-2021, 08:22 AM   #6217
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I confess that I briefly dated the bartender to the bar I frequent near work, then she quit, and now I'm seeing the replacement bartender.

I put all the blame Akon.

The "rapper"?!?! Lol! That song is good though.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 08:28 AM   #6218
Mein11
Rep

Quote:

The "rapper"?!?! Lol! That song is good though.
You take the quotation marks off right now! Akon is a RAPPER. TUPAC WHO? AKON. CONVICT. MUSIC...., you know where we from....., we in love with strippers and bartenders.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25178.50
      07-16-2021, 08:44 AM   #6219
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've been MIA for a few years so probably missed a lot.

Paging UncleWede, please provide picture.
See, I was pretty convinced (based on physical descriptions provided by Lups and others - essentially, a contradicting picture of a balding man with long flowing locks of hair) that the below picture was a fairly reasonable interpretation of what Wede looked like.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13157.00
Mein11422.00
      07-16-2021, 08:46 AM   #6220
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

So just imagine my disappointment when he posted an actual picture that looked nothing like what I envisioned.

His actual picture suggests a person who is far more professional and more put together. I didn't save the picture however. I was still reeling from the shock of having my preconceived notions and images of him shattered.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13157.00
Mein11422.00
      07-16-2021, 08:49 AM   #6221
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
So just imagine my disappointment when he posted an actual picture that looked nothing like what I envisioned.

His actual picture suggests a person who is far more professional and more put together. I didn't save the picture however. I was still reeling from the shock of having my preconceived notions and images of him shattered.
I wanted to start a thread where you would post a picture of what you think someone looks like. I think upstatedoc posted a pic of him and his boys and he didn't look like what I thought. Funny how your brain creates an imagine of someone and then when you actually see a picture you're like oh ok.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13157.00
Sedan_Clan25178.50
Mein11422.00
      07-16-2021, 09:01 AM   #6222
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

This thread has turned into pure gold!

cmyx6go The new place is coming along nicely. If I lived closer, I'd come mount your TV up properly. As a heads up, the amount of dry wall dust from this project should be minimal. I would call an electrician and have them install a duplex behind your TV, then relocate your cable/satelite/whatever you receive a signal from right next to the duplex. Cleaner install all the way around and you can position your TV from your mount without pulling cables from your boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
I wanted to start a thread where you would post a picture of what you think someone looks like. I think upstatedoc posted a pic of him and his boys and he didn't look like what I thought. Funny how your brain creates an imagine of someone and then when you actually see a picture you're like oh ok.
Agreed. Doc looks nothing like I expected. Wede looks much like his avatar.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15801.50
Sedan_Clan25178.50
      07-16-2021, 09:31 AM   #6223
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post

cmyx6go The new place is coming along nicely. If I lived closer, I'd come mount your TV up properly. As a heads up, the amount of dry wall dust from this project should be minimal. I would call an electrician and have them install a duplex behind your TV, then relocate your cable/satelite/whatever you receive a signal from right next to the duplex. Cleaner install all the way around and you can position your TV from your mount without pulling cables from your boxes.

That's what I meant. In my previous house, the outlet was high in the wall behind the mount. No wires. But they have to cut the sheetrock to move the outlet.
Sedan_Clan25178.50
      07-16-2021, 09:38 AM   #6224
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
That's what I meant. In my previous house, the outlet was high in the wall behind the mount. No wires. But they have to cut the sheetrock to move the outlet.
They do, but the amount of dust is so small. the only cutting that would need to be done is the small boxes. The should be able to back pull the wire up to the new location without any further need for cutting. Then just patch the old hole. There will be some dust from the sanding after they patch....but any project guy worth his salt knows this trick.

Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15801.50
      07-16-2021, 09:49 AM   #6225
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post

Quote:
Start the thread! Let's get it going.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 09:57 AM   #6226
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I look like smeagol
Appreciate 0