BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls    Will They Care If Break-In Service Is Overdue?

12-22-2022, 01:33 PM   #1
GriggsyG22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BSM M5C w/ 813m's

Will They Care If Break-In Service Is Overdue?

2023 M5C LCI. I called and scheduled the break-in service last week and it was meant for today which was the earliest available. Well now sadly me and the whole family has the flu and I had to cancel but next available date isn't until a week from today.

The vehicle is already at 1250 miles and it's a 30 mile drive to my closest dealer, between staying home for the holidays and us being sick I think it'll be pretty easy to keep the miles down, possibly just some quick trips to the grocery store which is just a few miles down the road.

But will they care or not give me the option for the CPO (extended warranty) if I end up being at around 1400+ miles by the time?

Kinda worries me they'll try and give me a hard time when it's really just unlucky between their backed up schedule, the holidays and us all being sick.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 06:11 PM   #2
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriggsyG22 View Post
2023 M5C LCI. I called and scheduled the break-in service last week and it was meant for today which was the earliest available. Well now sadly me and the whole family has the flu and I had to cancel but next available date isn't until a week from today.

The vehicle is already at 1250 miles and it's a 30 mile drive to my closest dealer, between staying home for the holidays and us being sick I think it'll be pretty easy to keep the miles down, possibly just some quick trips to the grocery store which is just a few miles down the road.

But will they care or not give me the option for the CPO (extended warranty) if I end up being at around 1400+ miles by the time?

Kinda worries me they'll try and give me a hard time when it's really just unlucky between their backed up schedule, the holidays and us all being sick.
Possibly? I mean you gotta understand they can and will say anything to get out of warranty work, but realistically I think within 10% of the mileage was fine based on what others had posted. But you really don't want to push it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 08:10 PM   #3
GriggsyG22
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Possibly? I mean you gotta understand they can and will say anything to get out of warranty work, but realistically I think within 10% of the mileage was fine based on what others had posted. But you really don't want to push it.
Yeah I'm gonna be trying not to. I'm acquainted with 1 of my dealer's M techs and he said they may not offer or allow the CPO/extended warranty which isn't that big of an issue I guess. I'm just kinda stuck rn lol.

Other vehicle I have also needs some fixing/work done and I had to cancel that because of me getting the flu. I just didn't think they'd be scheduled out a week or more for really not much more than a general service.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 08:17 PM   #4
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Yeah I'm gonna be trying not to. I'm acquainted with 1 of my dealer's M techs and he said they may not offer or allow the CPO/extended warranty which isn't that big of an issue I guess. I'm just kinda stuck rn lol.

Other vehicle I have also needs some fixing/work done and I had to cancel that because of me getting the flu. I just didn't think they'd be scheduled out a week or more for really not much more than a general service.
I mean realistically what I would've done is just towed it there😂

As far as cpo you wouldn't get that since that's only for used cars, extended warranty they might decline giving you that but it really depends how much you exceed it by. Obviously no one can be exact on the mileage, so there is a buffer, just no one really knows what it is
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 09:36 PM   #5
GriggsyG22
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
I mean realistically what I would've done is just towed it there😂

As far as cpo you wouldn't get that since that's only for used cars, extended warranty they might decline giving you that but it really depends how much you exceed it by. Obviously no one can be exact on the mileage, so there is a buffer, just no one really knows what it is

Hindsight that could have been an option since my insurance also offers free towing so I could have done that and had it towed back but we'll see. I'll limit the miles until then and then talk to them and try to explain why I waited so long. I may be able to get it in Tuesday so that's not as bad, between sick and Christmas it won't really be driven over the weekend if maybe once or twice to the grocery store so
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00
      12-25-2022, 11:06 PM   #6
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hindsight that could have been an option since my insurance also offers free towing so I could have done that and had it towed back but we'll see. I'll limit the miles until then and then talk to them and try to explain why I waited so long. I may be able to get it in Tuesday so that's not as bad, between sick and Christmas it won't really be driven over the weekend if maybe once or twice to the grocery store so
Why didn’t you just call your SA? And how sick were you to not be able to simply drop the car off? Lol I mean if you’re gonna be this paranoid over it.
And feel lucky your dealer is only backed up a week. Mine is 6-8 weeks at times. Especially if I want a loaner. Which is almost always required given they don’t usually start what we service you’re there for until the next day
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 02:47 AM   #7
GriggsyG22
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Why didn’t you just call your SA? And how sick were you to not be able to simply drop the car off? Lol I mean if you’re gonna be this paranoid over it.
And feel lucky your dealer is only backed up a week. Mine is 6-8 weeks at times. Especially if I want a loaner. Which is almost always required given they don’t usually start what we service you’re there for until the next day
I don't even know who my SA was and when I canceled I specifically said it was because I had the flu. I kind of can't just "drop" the vehicle off when I have nobody with another working vehicle at the house that day....I would also rather not be inconsiderate and give someone else the flu.

I'm positive I got it from a bar/club I went to which is 1 of the last places I'd expect anyone sick would want to go especially if they're feeling bad. Anyways I have the appointment for Tuesday and have 1,357 miles so I'm not too worried. I'll just explain what happened and why it was late
Appreciate 0