BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Is Aragon Brown really that orange?

07-28-2020, 03:22 PM   #45
zerosum8
Rep
Drives: car

i took a used 2018 M5C out for a test drive the other day with full Aragon Brown interior.. i absolutely hated it. Orange is my least favorite color and the interior literally made me feel like i was sitting on a basketball... the color is not for me, and I'm truly upset that they removed the "Sakhir Orange" (which looks like a very sporty red) interior option from the F90.. huge mistake IMO
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 04:36 PM   #46
ia12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SMB

Mine is MBB and Aragon. It can look orangey in pics but looks great in person. Honestly not one person who's seen it in has called it orange. I think the color combo is awesome.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #47
mswaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum8 View Post
i took a used 2018 M5C out for a test drive the other day with full Aragon Brown interior.. i absolutely hated it. Orange is my least favorite color and the interior literally made me feel like i was sitting on a basketball... the color is not for me, and I'm truly upset that they removed the "Sakhir Orange" (which looks like a very sporty red) interior option from the F90.. huge mistake IMO
There were no Competitions in 2018. Must have been a '19
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 06:12 PM   #48
dappercivility
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
Aragon definitely has an orange to it, which can be a nice contrast depending on your exterior color choice. The merino leather is not glossy which is why the Aragon Brown orange tones look good I think. If you wanted a richer brown look then go for tartufo, but again it is not dark brown either.

For a proper perspective, see a full vehicle in person (not just the color sample). I vacillated at various stages from Black to Aragon to Tartufo - finally settled on Black... probably would have liked a darker brown had it been an available option but I was not going down the BMW Individual rabbit hole as my car budget wouldn't allow it.

And yes, in pictures Aragon (and Tartufo as well) often look more orange than they are in real life hence the "see a vehicle in person" comment.
Agreed, aragon brown has tinge of orange for sure having seen it in person at the dealership on their display vehicle. I however like the mocha brown that bmw makes. My previous vehicle was the G30 540i with a mocha brown interior and quilted leather seats. Looks really good and I have a sapphire black exterior. Makes the car looks really premium.
      07-28-2020, 06:14 PM   #49
dappercivility
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The sakhir orange was a big color option back on the F10 M5, I remember a bimmerpost member ordered and took delivery of a F10 M5 with sakhir orange paint and interior. Seems like this option no longer exists for the F90 M5, maybe if one is willing to go the bmw individual route, bmw might make it for you but be prepared to pay a premium though
      07-28-2020, 06:55 PM   #50
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dappercivility View Post
Quote:
The sakhir orange was a big color option back on the F10 M5, I remember a bimmerpost member ordered and took delivery of a F10 M5 with sakhir orange paint and interior. Seems like this option no longer exists for the F90 M5, maybe if one is willing to go the bmw individual route, bmw might make it for you but be prepared to pay a premium though
I would love to see Singapore Grey over Sakhir Orange. That would look solid. I originally was trying to find a SG over Aragon but ended up grabbing a DG over Aragon and love every drop of it
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 07:18 PM   #51
dappercivility
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dappercivility View Post
Quote:
I would love to see Singapore Grey over Sakhir Orange. That would look solid. I originally was trying to find a SG over Aragon but ended up grabbing a DG over Aragon and love every drop of it
Donnington grey over sakhir orange is quite a good match too!

Recently just ordered a F40 M135i in storm Bay Metallic with Alcantara interior as a daily. I have some ideas of adding orange stripes like those coach lines as orange on storm Bay would look really good.

The F90 however I have is in MBB with Silverstone Merino. Taking care of the interior is a bitch though looks really good when clean.
      07-28-2020, 08:11 PM   #52
zerosum8
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
I almost bought a 2016 M5 Comp in Singapore Grey + Sakhir Orange.. thing was beautiful.. I just can't bite without the AWD. I live in NY and need the AWD capabilities. Also, the 2016's were the last year of the make and it's just too dated at this point.
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      07-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #53
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
I almost bought a 2016 M5 Comp in Singapore Grey + Sakhir Orange.. thing was beautiful.. I just can't bite without the AWD. I live in NY and need the AWD capabilities. Also, the 2016's were the last year of the make and it's just too dated at this point.
agree. I was looking at 2016's as well but struggled to get over the fact that the tech was essentially the same as my 2014 X5 which drove me into the arms of my 2020 F90...
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0