BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    M5 CS Wheel Refinish

03-12-2022, 09:34 AM   #23
najamusc
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 Competition

I wouldn't let discount tire try to refinish it. I'd either get them to reimburse you for a new wheel (~$1100 from getbmwparts) or attempt to take it to a professional wheel refinish place and see what they can do. Some of these shops do amazing work and maybe they can just work on those 3 spots w/o doing an entire wheel refinish. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 10:08 PM   #24
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
wheel refinish

Just make sure if they do attempt to refinish the wheel they dont try to pull a fast one....

From being in the automotive business a long time. When a refinisher cant match the color, or doesn't have the exact color.... they attempt to paint all 4, or at least both on one side so you would be none the wiser.

Not saying this place will do that, but its a trick these guys do so if you look front to back they look the same.

If it were me ask for a new wheel unless they guarantee a perfect match and finish. You can also bring your own insurance into it, not a great option, but in this scenario your insurance may cover it and go after them anyway. I had that happen with a valet place one time who refused to own up to a curbing.
Appreciate 0