BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    F90 M5 PRE-LCI To the LCI E63S

View Poll Results: Should I get the F90 again
yes 2 33.33%
yes 1 16.67%
yes 0 0%
yes 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

12-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #1
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: m5 f90

Garage List
  [0.00]
Smile F90 M5 PRE-LCI To the LCI E63S

Hi Folks here is my comparaison Beetween the M5C Stage 2 BM3 VS STOCK E63S LCI ... Hope you like it

COMPARAISON E63 WAGON 2021 VS. M5 COMP 2019

COMFORT
I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the E63. Based on the Youtubers reviews I had anticipated that the E63 wasn’t going to be as comfortable as the M5 or the RS6. However, I have found that to be false. However, based on my experience, too much comfort can ruin the feeling we are used to. I expected it to be more rigid, thus, harsher to drive. If that is one of your main attraction points you’ll really enjoy cruising around in it. However, it does ruin a little bit of the thrill and pleasure you expect to experience in this type of vehicle. Now I can’t imagine how boring the RS6 must be.

POWER
It isn’t neck breaking like the M5 but I was still able to go up to 3.3 0-100 and 11.2 ¼ of a mile which is really not bad for a WAGON knowing that it is 300 LB heavier than the M5.
I have no negative comments when it comes to the Launch Control. It’s easy to use, simple and efficient. It has no logistic setbacks, no fast shifting and no traction problems.

TRANSMISSION
It feels like nothing can beat the ZF or DCT by BMW. The AMG transmission is good at a high RPM. However, when you’re just cruising at a low RPM it doesn’t feel like it. The car feels slow, as if you could do 40 km/h and it would shift at the 8 gears. That’s not what a performance car should do or feel like. Fortunately, everything can be fixed with a TCU tune.

CONSUMPTION
With a full tank I can ride for about 400 km knowing that I’m not the type to floor it around at every corner. In comparison, the M5 can go around 450-500 km in the city . This leads me to wonder why the gas consumption of the Mercedes is so high. It’s also important to underline that the E63S has a 4.0 TT compared to BMW which has a bigger engine. Let’s not forget that when you're not pushing the car the 4 cylinder will shoot off.

TECHNOLOGIE
When it comes to technology, BMW is far behind Mercedes. Everything that used to be an issue with BMW has been fixed by AMG. However, BMW must be praised for staying authentic and simple throughout the years. The E63 is on such a higher technological level that even after 4 weeks of ownership I still don’t know how to use all the features. The car is more intelligent and sophisticated. One of my all time favorite luxury touches is the MBUX parfum system.

RACE MODE
In my opinion, the M5 was just too dangerous, especially the RWD mode. On this particular aspect the E63S is more stable and highly reminds me of the RS. The drift mode is not as wild as the one on the M5 which allows me to drive the car all day long in that particular mode without killing myself . The straight Pipes (a Youtube page) raced a hellcat vs a E63 in drift mode. This allowed us to see how stable the RWD mode on the E63 was.

MODS
I’m not planning to go that big for this one and if I were it would probably just be on wheels, TCU/CPC/ECU tune and downpipes. The car is already lowered with an MB house. Personally, I think I can hit 10.5 next spring. The LCI is faster than the PRE-LCI ( 2018-2020) model. Despite the huge AMG fan base, I’m pretty happy to own one of the LAST V8TT powered by AMG.
Attached Images

12-09-2021, 12:18 PM   #2
PaLaKaT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual.V8 View Post
Hi Folks here is my comparaison Beetween the M5C Stage 2 BM3 VS STOCK E63S LCI ... Hope you like it

COMPARAISON E63 WAGON 2021 VS. M5 COMP 2019

COMFORT
I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the E63. Based on the Youtubers reviews I had anticipated that the E63 wasn’t going to be as comfortable as the M5 or the RS6. However, I have found that to be false. However, based on my experience, too much comfort can ruin the feeling we are used to. I expected it to be more rigid, thus, harsher to drive. If that is one of your main attraction points you’ll really enjoy cruising around in it. However, it does ruin a little bit of the thrill and pleasure you expect to experience in this type of vehicle. Now I can’t imagine how boring the RS6 must be.

POWER
It isn’t neck breaking like the M5 but I was still able to go up to 3.3 0-100 and 11.2 ¼ of a mile which is really not bad for a WAGON knowing that it is 300 LB heavier than the M5.
I have no negative comments when it comes to the Launch Control. It’s easy to use, simple and efficient. It has no logistic setbacks, no fast shifting and no traction problems.

TRANSMISSION
It feels like nothing can beat the ZF or DCT by BMW. The AMG transmission is good at a high RPM. However, when you’re just cruising at a low RPM it doesn’t feel like it. The car feels slow, as if you could do 40 km/h and it would shift at the 8 gears. That’s not what a performance car should do or feel like. Fortunately, everything can be fixed with a TCU tune.

CONSUMPTION
With a full tank I can ride for about 400 km knowing that I’m not the type to floor it around at every corner. In comparison, the M5 can go around 450-500 km in the city . This leads me to wonder why the gas consumption of the Mercedes is so high. It’s also important to underline that the E63S has a 4.0 TT compared to BMW which has a bigger engine. Let’s not forget that when you're not pushing the car the 4 cylinder will shoot off.

TECHNOLOGIE
When it comes to technology, BMW is far behind Mercedes. Everything that used to be an issue with BMW has been fixed by AMG. However, BMW must be praised for staying authentic and simple throughout the years. The E63 is on such a higher technological level that even after 4 weeks of ownership I still don’t know how to use all the features. The car is more intelligent and sophisticated. One of my all time favorite luxury touches is the MBUX parfum system.

RACE MODE
In my opinion, the M5 was just too dangerous, especially the RWD mode. On this particular aspect the E63S is more stable and highly reminds me of the RS. The drift mode is not as wild as the one on the M5 which allows me to drive the car all day long in that particular mode without killing myself . The straight Pipes (a Youtube page) raced a hellcat vs a E63 in drift mode. This allowed us to see how stable the RWD mode on the E63 was.

MODS
I’m not planning to go that big for this one and if I were it would probably just be on wheels, TCU/CPC/ECU tune and downpipes. The car is already lowered with an MB house. Personally, I think I can hit 10.5 next spring. The LCI is faster than the PRE-LCI ( 2018-2020) model. Despite the huge AMG fan base, I’m pretty happy to own one of the LAST V8TT powered by AMG.
People seem to get this confused. Transmission has changed in 2020. So even pre LCI 2020 M5 is just as fast as LCI.
Now if you keep the car stock, 2020+ is definitely faster, however that is not true when it comes to tuned vehicles. Tuneable Transmission of 2018-2019 will blow the newer M5s out the water UNTIL new transmission are tuneable the same way. Realistically speaking M5 is the king when it comes to performance aspect of it. In the stock form and the Tuned form. E63s are very hard to get moving until you change the turbos on it. And even then you will be able to reach the performance numbers of an M5 on "Just Tune + DP".
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 03:00 PM   #3
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

A fast wagon is awesome! And so practical. I was tempted by one but wanted the most performance and the extra 300 lbs of the wagon pays a price. I can still haul a surprising amount of stuff in my F90 due to the fold down seats. Lumber, tools, trash, car parts, furniture, dogs, etc. RS6 was heavier and slower than the AMG so I did not consider it.
Appreciate 0