BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    ISTA+ Programing Software Update

04-06-2021, 09:16 PM   #1
JBA87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

ISTA+ Programing Software Update

I downloaded ISTA+ (latest version from www.Bimmerdiagnostics.com) so I could do a software update on my M5. I want to flash the latest stock TCU and ECU firmware. After I run my
Test plan, however, the software update module is unavailable. Does anyone know how to fix? I'm wondering whether I need additional software or need to modify certain settings

Thanks to anyone who can help

Ja
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 05:24 PM   #2
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

You need ICOM, you can not flash with ISTA+ over enet.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 08:27 PM   #3
uadissa
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 20D M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
I downloaded ISTA+ (latest version from www.Bimmerdiagnostics.com) so I could do a software update on my M5. I want to flash the latest stock TCU and ECU firmware. After I run my
Test plan, however, the software update module is unavailable. Does anyone know how to fix? I'm wondering whether I need additional software or need to modify certain settings

Ja
Do not recommend this website. Ista + installation didn't work as per the instructions provided. Seller nowhere to be seen and no response for emails
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 10:17 AM   #4
m_fife
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:

Ja
What version are you running? While you can program via ENET on ISTA, using and ICOM (with ISTA) or eSys (with ENET) are both better options.

If the option is not available ensure psdzdata is correctly installed.
      08-17-2022, 02:44 PM   #5
Bagum4uK
M Driver
Latvia
Rep
Drives: G11 750d , M5 F90 , C650 SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_fife View Post
Quote:

Ja
What version are you running? While you can program via ENET on ISTA, using and ICOM (with ISTA) or eSys (with ENET) are both better options.

If the option is not available ensure psdzdata is correctly installed.
Actually i never recommend to update ECU over ENET! Some module yes it possible to do, but over ESYS not Ista.
Appreciate 0