BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    HRE Presents | No more renderings, here's the real deal - F90 M5 with 21" HRE P101's

08-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #23
Marc_Cos
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90|2015 Porsche 981 GTS

why HRE over BBS?

Just curious to the HRE rep posting these, but to me, these seem like BBS knock offs. So it begs the question, why would/should I buy these instead of the comparable BBS rim that these seem to look like?
Appreciate 1
Ever34324.50
      08-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #24
WheelsBoutique
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy5540 View Post
Just curious to the HRE rep posting these, but to me, these seem like BBS knock offs. So it begs the question, why would/should I buy these instead of the comparable BBS rim that these seem to look like?
BBS is an amazing wheel brand but their FI-R comes in pre-built sizes and offsets that leave a lot to be desired. Many find the BBS pre-determined fitments are not aggressive enough and then seek to purchase spacers to fix the look. HRE's wheels are custom made to order so you completely eliminate the need for spacers.

Also, HRE offers over 70+ finishes for their wheels. It's refreshing to see something other than the same fitment and same colors on the same cars over and over. HRE allows you to personalize your wheels to appease your tastes.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 10:01 AM   #25
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy5540 View Post
Very good and important question because BBS is a great company to compare us to.

BBS makes a lot of gorgeous wheels, no doubt about that, we're big fans ourselves, but what Wheels Boutique touched on is where we separate ourselves from the industry. Where BBS makes a lot of pre-programmed sizes, we custom make our wheels to order which gives our end users the ability to hand pick their own fitment based on whether they want a more OEM fit, whether they want a flush fitment, or whether we're talking an extreme fitment.

Where we differ ourselves is the ability to make your own unique set by offering custom options which we do better than anyone else in the industry. Where you may find with BBS 3-5 colors at most for one particular wheel style, we offer over 70+ finishes. Where BBS may offer 15-20 wheel styles, we have over 60+ to accommodate a wide range of not just sportscars and exotics, but also Trucks and SUV's.

At the end of the day though, what makes our loyal customers come to back to us time and time again is our high level of quality standards, our high awesome and beautiful designs which are backed by our Lifetime structural warranty, but most of all our customers trust that we make the best wheels in the industry, which we've been doing the last 40 years (HRE started in 1978, BBS started in 1970 just for comparison sake just in case anyone is asking).

Funny enough from the Rennlist/Porsche Forum today:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
Huge HRE fan, I'm on my second set. I've had virtually all the top brands (Fikse, BBS, Techart, Momo) and I still see nothing on the market as finely crafted as HRE. Sure they're expensive, but so is your Porsche. My pal Scott has been in the tire and wheel business for 38 years as a VP for a major tire chain and when I gave him my new HRE's to mount up some new Michelins he commented that was probably the most true and balanced wheel out-of-the-box that he has ever come across in the industry.

First set on my Aston Martin Vantage, bare aluminum.

Ad the ones on my 991S - lightly tinted that have been on the car now over 4 years.

I love to see comments like this. I'm sure you'd rather hear it from our customers rather than tooting our own horn

Last edited by HRE_Wheels; 08-20-2018 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #26
Marc_Cos
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90|2015 Porsche 981 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels View Post
Very good and important question because BBS is a great company to compare us to.

BBS makes a lot of gorgeous wheels, no doubt about that, we're big fans ourselves, but what Wheels Boutique touched on is where we separate ourselves from the industry. Where BBS makes a lot of pre-programmed sizes, we custom make our wheels to order which gives our end users the ability to hand pick their own fitment based on whether they want a more OEM fit, whether they want a flush fitment, or whether we're talking an extreme fitment.

Where we differ ourselves is the ability to make your own unique set by offering custom options which we do better than anyone else in the industry. Where you may find with BBS 3-5 colors at most for one particular wheel style, we offer over 70+ finishes. Where BBS may offer 15-20 wheel styles, we have over 60+ to accommodate a wide range of not just sportscars and exotics, but also Trucks and SUV's.

At the end of the day though, what makes our loyal customers come to back to us time and time again is our high level of quality standards, our high awesome and beautiful designs which are backed by our Lifetime structural warranty, but most of all our customers trust that we make the best wheels in the industry, which we've been doing the last 40 years (HRE started in 1978, BBS started in 1970 just for comparison sake just in case anyone is asking).

Funny enough from the Rennlist/Porsche Forum today:

I love to see comments like this. I'm sure you'd rather hear it from our customers rather than tooting our own horn

Thanks for the response...I was curious as Ive considered HRE's before, but they always seemed to be quite a bit more expensive than comparable BBS's. Also, BBS is typically a OEM rim for Porsche and BMW depending on model. Personally, I like the spoke design you posted..the trick is to get the correct offset which seems to come at a higher cost being a "bespoke" rim. BBS typically makes their rims for the BMW community and probably has the offset's down so they are an "off the rack" rim, and Im sure thats where cost savings come into play. But everyone has their own idea of "proper" look I guess. (sorry for the suit metaphors lol). Ive had BBS before on my past Porsches and they seem to fit about right in termes of filling wheel well properly and no rubbing with coil overs installed. But have also had situations where they stick out past the inside lip of wheel well and so they would rub over bumps or in higer g-force turns. Clearly the offsets were off..what a pain in the ass returning them!
Marc
2016 Aprilia Tuono
2016 Triumph Thruxton-R
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 02:41 AM   #27
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels View Post
[SIZE="3"]Now even more photos!

21x10 and 21x11 HRE P101's in Gloss Black to share! Thanks to TAG Motorsports

TIRES:
285/30/21 up front and 295/30/21 on the rear

[/SIZE]
Why didn't they go with 305s in the rear? Isn't 285 and 295 too close?

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 09:10 PM   #28
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

What's the cost?
      11-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #29
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp