E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BT with samsung T809?

12-31-2005, 01:04 AM   #1
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
BT with samsung T809?

The samsung T809 just came out for tmobile, i need a car fone so was gona pick it up. does anyone know if all the info will tranfer over?

heres the link

http://www.t-mobile.com/products/ove...94&class=phone
      12-31-2005, 01:34 AM   #2
theclay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller
The samsung T809 just came out for tmobile, i need a car fone so was gona pick it up. does anyone know if all the info will tranfer over?
It's not on BMW's list of compatible PHONES (that's how you spell it, so you won't look like an ass in the future) but maybe it's too new for the list. Call BMW and ask.
      12-31-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
sorry about the fone not phone deal, it wasa kinda late lol, but ya thanks for the info, ill call them up after the new year.
      12-31-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
well thanks theclay for trying to help, but i went to tmobile today and they said i can pay 300 for the t809 or $35 (activation fee) for the razr so i took the razr. works flawlessly. I LOVE IT.
      12-31-2005, 04:09 PM   #5
theclay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller
well thanks theclay for trying to help, but i went to tmobile today and they said i can pay 300 for the t809 or $35 (activation fee) for the razr so i took the razr. works flawlessly. I LOVE IT.
I didn't really try that hard to be honest. The razr is a cool phone, I wish Verizon had it.
      03-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #6
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5, '19 750i

So anyone has this T809? Does it work? I am thinking about it. My T616 works with the BT well but it is a POS phone... my last ever sony ericsson.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #7
NBRider88
I gave her my heart, she gave me crabs
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

I ordered one a week ago, should be here soon. Ill let you know as to if BT works in my car.
      04-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #8
bimmergirl
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 325i

T809 does not work with e90. I have one and it is so annoying since I cant get it to work. It would pair and would download my address but you basically cant receive calls cos there is a lot of static and the person basically sounds like a robot. You cant hear them and they cant hear you.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
BmW_FaNaTiQuE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i Blk/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergirl
T809 does not work with e90. I have one and it is so annoying since I cant get it to work. It would pair and would download my address but you basically cant receive calls cos there is a lot of static and the person basically sounds like a robot. You cant hear them and they cant hear you.
bimmergirl ...How long ago did you get your car? do you think there is an update for it ... i was considering getting that phone ..but now im not if thats the case with recent order cars ...im expecting my car at the dealership any day now ...my friend has that phone .. ill try to sync it n see wa happens.
      07-27-2006, 11:05 PM   #10
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Since I am doing nothing:

I went from a Sony Ericsson T616 to a Samsung T809 just a day ago. The main reason was that I have to sit reserve for my airline so I can't afford to miss a call or I get fired. With the T616's random power downs combined with Cingular's dropped calls, no voice mail indications etc... I had to look for another phone. After 9 years of Ericsson I figured I go with Samsung especially since T-Mobile gives it for free after rebates (just google T809 and you will find retailers in case anyone is looking). The phone sells for $260ish a piece on ebay so it was not a bad deal to pay $0 for two and I wanted T-Mobile anyways.

So far far so good. BT paired fine and the basic features like initiate, receive a call etc... all work fine. Voice dial works as well. IMHO T-mobile seems much clearer than Cingular and I drove from South Florida to Louisville, KY just yesterday and I had good reception all the way (still using my T616 since the T809 wasn't charged)... ohh wait this is about the phone.... sorry :-)

Things that don't work:
After some trial and error it seems only the contacts on the SIM card show up (330i non Navi) but nothing new there same as the T616. However since the T809 can't separate the SIM contacts from the phone contacts if you have both filled then you will have double triple lists in your phone since on the SIM each # shows as a separate contact. Using the SIM only for contacts is a pain because you can fit only so much. In the T616 the SIM did not show up in the contacts only through a submenu therefore I could leave the contacts mirrored on the SIM and access them as well in the car. With the T809 I ended up cleaning my SIM out so I have lost my contacts in the car. It is a minor thing for me as I use voice dial for the most part and I don't call that much anyways.

Another thing that I have lost was the reception indicator. That info does not seem to tranfer from the T809. It was nice to see weather you have reception and what quality it is. With the T809 there is an indicator but it either show off or on. I guess good enough the T616's bars weren't working properly anyways.

Finally but not last (and this is a big one): The worst thing about my T809 though must be that every single f...ing time I get in, I have to manually approve the connection. With the T616 after pairing this was automatic, never had to take out my phone from the pouch.

I guess the moral of the story is to go with an approved phone if you'd like to use all the car's features. Too bad that the Ericsson T616 is a POS full of software issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2006, 01:16 AM   #11
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
no go on the 3 t809s ive tried.
      07-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #12
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck724
no go on the 3 t809s ive tried.
hmmm... both mine and my wife's work with the above mentioned limitations

It does take a while to pair though. I had both the car and the phone searching several times before they paired.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #13
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Little update.

I have mentioned that I had to approve the pairing anytime I get in the car by pressing "yes" on the phone. Well the other day I had BT OFF and got into the car then turned it on while the car was already running. So I was waiting for the beep from the phone to again approve the connection with the car. So I keep driving and no beep then I look at the car and it sais SGH etc... so I was connected. Since then I have not turned off BT on the phone and anytime I sit in the phone pairs withoout any interaction from me. Weird. No I am afraid of turning BT off.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #14
bimmergirl
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huncowboy
Little update.

I have mentioned that I had to approve the pairing anytime I get in the car by pressing "yes" on the phone. Well the other day I had BT OFF and got into the car then turned it on while the car was already running. So I was waiting for the beep from the phone to again approve the connection with the car. So I keep driving and no beep then I look at the car and it sais SGH etc... so I was connected. Since then I have not turned off BT on the phone and anytime I sit in the phone pairs withoout any interaction from me. Weird. No I am afraid of turning BT off.

Can you please tell me how you can get your's to work. I have a T809 also but can't get it to work. Like I said earlier, the contacts download but i cant receive or make calls.. Well actually it will ring and show the number just that there is so much static/noise you can barely make out what is being said. What's the manufacture date on your car? Maybe thats the difference. Mine is March '05.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #15
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergirl
Can you please tell me how you can get your's to work. I have a T809 also but can't get it to work. Like I said earlier, the contacts download but i cant receive or make calls.. Well actually it will ring and show the number just that there is so much static/noise you can barely make out what is being said. What's the manufacture date on your car? Maybe thats the difference. Mine is March '05.
I wish I'd be able to help you. As far as my voice quality goes it is pretty random. Sometimes people hear me fine sometimes they complain. I can't even relate it to the speed of the car or the position of my head... no clue. This was the exact same with a T616 Ericsson with Cingular and is still so with the T809 at T-mobile. Btw mine is an 02/06 delivery that has never seen the shop since so I am on the same software. But as far as me hearing people I have never had any problems.

In my case I think this is a problem with the car itself. In yours it could be many things... I would talk to the shop. Next time I will see the service department I will mention my microphone's random performance.
Appreciate 0