BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Floating Heritage Center Caps

07-01-2023, 12:05 PM   #23
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
ResIpsaLoquitur if you're removing the existing center caps yourself, I found this little device off of Amazon to be a dream come true. I initially tried prying the center caps out with a plastic trim removal tool as to not scratch the wheels, but had absolutely no luck. This took them right off in less than 5 seconds. It's a lot smaller of a tool than it looks here. Perfect size for a center cap.

"STREBITO Suction Cups Heavy-Duty 2 Pieces Screen Suction Cups Tool"
Thanks for the awesome tip, I just ordered it!

I’ve also used plastic trim removal tools or a thin tip flat head screwdriver wrapped in masking tape to do the job. My 706Ms scratch easily. This seems like it’s going to be much better. I really appreciate it!
Attached Images

07-01-2023, 02:14 PM   #24
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Oh no! So sorry to hear that, Rob! Something happening to one of them, and then needing a $565 replacement is my worst fear with these.

Are you figuring you’re already a good
chunk of cash in, spend another decent chunk? Or cutting your losses and moving on?

Was it easy to break in half? And when you say it broke in half, do you mean the roundel was separated from the backing against it?
They are my winter set and were only $135 from Etsy f I remember so likely will try to repurchase or just find something else later. They were hard plastic so just cracked the whole rounded itself in pieces.
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2023, 03:21 PM   #25
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
They are my winter set and were only $135 from Etsy f I remember so likely will try to repurchase or just find something else later. They were hard plastic so just cracked the whole rounded itself in pieces.
Thanks for the response! Sorry to pepper you with a million questions — I thought that you had the IND-Distribution ones, and was trying to get a gauge on quality (thought it’s probably not an issue since they’re using OE ones as the base). I do now remember you previously mentioning that you ordered them from Etsy.

I contemplated going that route, too. These are way more expensive, but life is short. 🤷‍♂️
      07-02-2023, 06:39 AM   #26
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Thanks for the awesome tip, I just ordered it!

I’ve also used plastic trim removal tools or a thin tip flat head screwdriver wrapped in masking tape to do the job. My 706Ms scratch easily. This seems like it’s going to be much better. I really appreciate it!
I wasn’t aware of that fancy shmancy contraption so resorted to my inherent WV instinct and knew since EVERYTHING can be fixed with duct tape or wd40, there had to be a solution.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      07-02-2023, 12:11 PM   #27
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
I wasn’t aware of that fancy shmancy contraption so resorted to my inherent WV instinct and knew since EVERYTHING can be fixed with duct tape or wd40, there had to be a solution.
      07-04-2023, 01:03 PM   #28
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
IND-Distribution Heritage Floating Center Caps have arrived and are installed! Link to mini review on a new thread since this thread was for the crappy Bimmer.Plug version is below:

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2031151