BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    CG Precision Exhaust Valve controller

01-04-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

CG Precision Exhaust Valve controller

Has anyone tried out the VSC-2 on the F90? CG's website says it works on the F90 but i haven't seen if anyone has tried it out or spoken with them yet to confirm. Opens and closes the valves with a remote or using the homelink buttons

https://www.cgprecision.com/#!/VSC-2...egory=34601202
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
Egrunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90), Tacoma, GTI

I used it on my M3 (F80) and it worked great.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 01:35 AM   #3
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post
I used it on my M3 (F80) and it worked great.
I ended up ordering it from CG. Should have them by Saturday
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDriverX View Post
I ended up ordering it from CG. Should have them by Saturday
Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 01:22 AM   #5
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Got the valve controller in today and had to get creative with the install because you can’t mount the box to the exhaust hanger as it’s too close to the tips on the F90. There were a couple of threaded studs near the driver side valve so I bolted the box to one of those. It works, my valves are default closed now to help quiet down cold starts and I can open them with a button and they stay open at all times giving me more exhaust sound without having to give the car as much throttle.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 06:43 AM   #6
FloridaM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp RWD

Garage List
  [5.83]
Quote:
Got the valve controller in today and had to get creative with the install because you can’t mount the box to the exhaust hanger as it’s too close to the tips on the F90. There were a couple of threaded studs near the driver side valve so I bolted the box to one of those. It works, my valves are default closed now to help quiet down cold starts and I can open them with a button and they stay open at all times giving me more exhaust sound without having to give the car as much throttle.
Is there a noticeable volume difference with them held open vs how the valve actuation is set up from factory?
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2020, 10:51 AM   #7
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Maybe just pull the actuator plugs first, to see how the sound is with valves open all the time, before a purchase of the CG controller. I had the controller on an M4, and it worked flawlessly.
Appreciate 2
      01-12-2020, 02:02 PM   #8
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Maybe just pull the actuator plugs first, to see how the sound is with valves open all the time, before a purchase of the CG controller. I had the controller on an M4, and it worked flawlessly.
I wanted the controller because I have the GThaus SGT rear section, I'm going to be removing the resonator for an X-pipe and possibly installing lower secondary pipes. I have the default on the controller set to closed for those cold starts unless i hit the start/stop button 3 times, then ignition turns on without the car starting and then i can open the valves before i start the car if i want the valves open during the cold start process. I wanted the option of having the valves open all the time because i can tell that the valves are closing even in sport+ with the button on unless you really get on it then they open up based on pedal position so now the car is louder when i'm not punching it.
Appreciate 1
Simon H876.00
      06-26-2023, 12:42 PM   #9
mavz
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
F90 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Necroing this to see how the controller has held up? There's an extensive thread on them failing on G80s for some reason or another.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0