09-21-2021, 11:21 PM   #1
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
M5C vs M5 with mods

Still looking for an M5 for the wife, she was set on the Comp but now we're seeing a pretty good deal on a normal M5. Our cars never really stay stock, so it would be lowered, wheels, full exhaust, downpipes, intake, tune, and couple other small things.
With that in mind, what differences would be left between and M5 and M5C that could justify the still waiting for the right Comp or just going for a regular M5, since both would see the same mods?

Thanks!
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 05:47 AM   #2
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

I would take the normal M5 if I planned to mod the suspension, I think here is the main difference for the Comp model
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 07:50 AM   #3
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

It depends. I think the biggest thing you will see is that many buyers are specifically looking for the Competition model which will be easier to sell later. All F90s share the majoirty of the DNA.

Below are the additional differences. Heck, I got the competition and the car still had the perofmance suspension installed after delivery. To me the forged wheels and the shadowline trim/lights make a bigger difference than the suspension.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

COMPETITION PACKAGE
20" M Y-spoke forged bi-color wheels, style 789M w/ perf non run-flat tires
Extended Shadowline Trim
M Seat Belts
M Shadowline Lights
M Sport exhaust system
Appreciate 1
pooyab330.00
      09-22-2021, 08:34 AM   #4
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Nothing the modder can’t add. Could be the prevalence of ceramic brakes is higher on competition models if they are important to the OP.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 09:13 AM   #5
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Nothing the modder can’t add. Could be the prevalence of ceramic brakes is higher on competition models if they are important to the OP.
Actually, there are things you can't add after the fact (at least for the LCI) and if you do try to retrofit (for example shadwoline trim/lights) you'll end up spending more trying to add similar things after the fact, and the resale value won't go up because of it because most people like to buy stock cars.

Not sure about the pre-LCIs though as I'm not familiar with them.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 11:11 AM   #6
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
It depends. I think the biggest thing you will see is that many buyers are specifically looking for the Competition model which will be easier to sell later. All F90s share the majoirty of the DNA.

Below are the additional differences. Heck, I got the competition and the car still had the perofmance suspension installed after delivery. To me the forged wheels and the shadowline trim/lights make a bigger difference than the suspension.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

COMPETITION PACKAGE
20" M Y-spoke forged bi-color wheels, style 789M w/ perf non run-flat tires
Extended Shadowline Trim
M Seat Belts
M Shadowline Lights
M Sport exhaust system
Ah you're right. Completely forgot about the shadow line trim, that's pretty important since I hate chrome and wrapped trim never looks great.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0