BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    BMW M5 CS first thoughts by Steve Hammes

09-10-2021, 02:39 AM   #1
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

BMW M5 CS first thoughts by Steve Hammes

A slightly different first impression video of the M5 CS by Steve Hammes which I enjoyed so thought I would share.

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2021, 10:49 AM   #2
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Tried to watch it, but after two minutes of his unstable footage I started getting nauseous. He needs to invest in a gimbal or something to make the filming more steady. I've seen better quality footage from amateurs at the local Cars & Coffee.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 11:30 AM   #3
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Stig View Post
Tried to watch it, but after two minutes of his unstable footage I started getting nauseous. He needs to invest in a gimbal or something to make the filming more steady. I've seen better quality footage from amateurs at the local Cars & Coffee.
Ex Stig after a couple of weeks of ownership, what to you think of the seats in terms of getting in and out? Are you a big or small guy?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 11:41 AM   #4
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Ex Stig after a couple of weeks of ownership, what to you think of the seats in terms of getting in and out? Are you a big or small guy?
So, I'm only at 525 miles on the car, but here is my feedback so far.

for reference, I am mid 40s, 5'9" and about 220lb (I'd like to say that I used to be an athletic build, but my stomach now disagrees).

With that being said, the seats are definitely not for everyone. They take some getting used to on the proper way to "fall" into them and getting out of them requires some finesse as well. Strangely, my wife, who is quite petite, has zero issues getting in and out of them.

Comfort wise, I absolutely love them. Extremely supportive and, with the openings in the back, they actually provide more airflow then the ventilated seat option.

I haven't yet taken the car on a longer drive, so I'm going to hold off on further comments about the seats and the entire car. All I can say is, if anyone is considering the CF Bucket seats they really should try and sit in them first to make sure.

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 3
Jamesmick131.00
TAmes104.00
      09-10-2021, 02:45 PM   #5
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

If you've never experienced the joy of owning a owning a car with bucket seats and you're older, overweight and/or just large, there's a high probability you'll hate them.

If you're used to buckets, say in a Porsche GT car, there's a very high probability you'll love them. On the PITA meter (10 being most annoying) if Porsche's are a 9, these are a 6. Extremely comfortable and supportive when driving.

The older one gets and the more cars owned with buckets the less you appreciate them and the more you realize they're really more of a gimmick and should probably be reserved for track cars (and no, the M5 CS isn't a track car).
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 03:01 PM   #6
Neptune7
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
If you've never experienced the joy of owning a owning a car with bucket seats and you're older, overweight and/or just large, there's a high probability you'll hate them.

If you're used to buckets, say in a Porsche GT car, there's a very high probability you'll love them. On the PITA meter (10 being most annoying) if Porsche's are a 9, these are a 6. Extremely comfortable and supportive when driving.

The older one gets and the more cars owned with buckets the less you appreciate them and the more you realize they're really more of a gimmick and should probably be reserved for track cars (and no, the M5 CS isn't a track car).
How are the seats on the lower back? I'm fit but occasionally have lower back pain from injury.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #7
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post

How are the seats on the lower back? I'm fit but occasionally have lower back pain from injury.
I'm not sure if Bluehorseshoe has a M5CS, so I'll answer.

I don't have any issues with the lower back support, but I also have never had any lower back issues myself. Keep in mind, these seats do not have adjustable lumbar support.

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
Neptune71432.50
      09-10-2021, 03:57 PM   #8
Dark-Knight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
my back is susceptible, lumbar support gives me excruciating pain, Porsche GT buckets work fine, I can drive for hours and feel refreshed, I hope the CS buckets will be similar, Im only worried about the crotch splitter and hope it doesnt affect my shaft
Appreciate 1
Neptune71432.50
      09-10-2021, 05:00 PM   #9
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

There is no lumbar at all but the seats are very comfortable and somewhat firm. A simple solution for lumbar is to get a small pillow or the like and use it for your lower back. I suspect people with bad backs won't find them bad at all.

If you like Porsche's buckets you'll love these. These fit my body even better and are also more supple (more padding).
Appreciate 3
Neptune71432.50
Chicane_1050.00
      09-13-2021, 05:23 PM   #10
bimmerbeast7
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5C - '04 m3 manual coupe

Quote:

for reference, I am mid 40s, 5'9" and about 220lb (I'd like to say that I used to be an athletic build, but my stomach now disagrees).

With that being said, the seats are definitely not for everyone. They take some getting used to on the proper way to "fall" into them and getting out of them requires some finesse as well. Strangely, my wife, who is quite petite, has zero issues getting in and out of them.

Comfort wise, I absolutely love them. Extremely supportive and, with the openings in the back, they actually provide more airflow then the ventilated seat option.

I haven't yet taken the car on a longer drive, so I'm going to hold off on further comments about the seats and the entire car. All I can say is, if anyone is considering the CF Bucket seats they really should try and sit in them first to make sure.

why you got your car for sale on cargurus?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 05:45 PM   #11
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbeast7 View Post
That's mine. Testing the market for a quick buck since someone else made a 25k profit off theirs.
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 06:32 PM   #12
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Unless it's listed at $100,000 over MSRP it ain't mine for sale. Lol

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 05:45 AM   #13
bimmerbeast7
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
That's mine. Testing the market for a quick buck since someone else made a 25k profit off theirs.
gotcha. .. seems silly now though since there is no build limit and on order for all of 2022
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #14
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
gotcha. .. seems silly now though since there is no build limit and on order for all of 2022
No build limit? What is the source of that info. I heard <400 to the USA from what I "think" is a reliable source.........?
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 01:02 PM   #15
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
No build limit? What is the source of that info. I heard <400 to the USA from what I "think" is a reliable source.........?
BMW said from the very beginning that the M5CS would be a one year model run. They also said that there was no production limit. So, basically, it is confusing wording.

I have also heard that the US will get about 440 units as well. I think that BMW intentionally left this ambiguous so they wouldn't have to set a fixed production number. But, with the global shortage of semiconductors and components I can't really see them producing many more than the estimated number.

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2021, 06:53 PM   #16
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

really hope bmw keeps their word and shuts it down and doesn't make anymore. but who knows
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 07:09 PM   #17
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
they made about 100 more M4GTS's than they said which didn't help that bad investment (didn’t buy as an investment, but still....)
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 08:39 PM   #18
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
they made about 100 more M4GTS's than they said which didn't help that bad investment (didn’t buy as an investment, but still....)

lol

maybe bmw will make it an even 500 for US. I'd be ok with that
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 09:30 PM   #19
Kstoff125
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m4

Quote:
Quote:
BMW said from the very beginning that the M5CS would be a one year model run. They also said that there was no production limit. So, basically, it is confusing wording.

I have also heard that the US will get about 440 units as well. I think that BMW intentionally left this ambiguous so they wouldn't have to set a fixed production number. But, with the global shortage of semiconductors and components I can't really see them producing many more than the estimated number.
Swiss watch companies do this all the time; they don't specifically call it "limited edition" but the fact that it is a one year production run naturally makes it limited. They also, in many cases, limit the number of orders they will accept, which is what I believe BMW did with the m5cs. For any Swiss watch fans, I ordered (and paid in full) for the 50th anniversary silver snoopy speedmaster in October of 2020…with an estimated delivery date of Q1 2021, this has been pushed out just a little…and I quote, "it will be delivered by the end of 2023!" I'm hoping BMW does a little better with the cs I ordered
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 01:35 AM   #20
bimmerbeast7
Banned
United_States
Rep

bmw website looks like they are wanting people to know they can order an m5cs
Appreciate 0