BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    TTE920+ Turbos

09-24-2023, 11:22 AM   #1
CrashCade
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M5 Comp,

TTE920+ Turbos

I am contemplating picking up this set of turbos and wanted to get feedback from other users running this setup. Has anyone ran these without building the engine first?

How is drivability?
Any increase in lag?
Any increase is voodoo magic boosty noises?

I know I won’t see full benefit until I build the engine. However, I am currently running an E50 stage 2 setup and due to living at 5,000’ elevation, my stock turbos struggle with providing enough air compared to a similar setup at sea level.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2023, 11:44 AM   #2
TacoJova
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCade View Post
I am contemplating picking up this set of turbos and wanted to get feedback from other users running this setup. Has anyone ran these without building the engine first?

How is drivability?
Any increase in lag?
Any increase is voodoo magic boosty noises?

I know I won’t see full benefit until I build the engine. However, I am currently running an E50 stage 2 setup and due to living at 5,000’ elevation, my stock turbos struggle with providing enough air compared to a similar setup at sea level.
All cars are going to struggle more compared to sea level. Did your tuner say your turbos can’t keep up?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2023, 11:52 AM   #3
CrashCade
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M5 Comp,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoJova View Post
All cars are going to struggle more compared to sea level. Did your tuner say your turbos can’t keep up?
They are definitely working harder and not as efficient due to pushing them harder at this elevation.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2023, 04:42 PM   #4
TacoJova
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCade View Post
They are definitely working harder and not as efficient due to pushing them harder at this elevation.
Well yes. So would the TTE turbos comparing to sea level. My point is are you trying to push more power at your elevation? Cause unless you build the motor it’s a lot of money and retuning to be at the same power level since right now your limited by rods not by turbos
Appreciate 0