BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Has anyone cracked the encryption for LCI f90s yet?

09-11-2023, 08:21 AM   #1
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M5C

Has anyone cracked the encryption for LCI f90s yet?

I know Dinan said they were working on it but that was some time ago. Any word if anyone in the US has yet?
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2023, 05:38 PM   #2
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmike View Post
I know Dinan said they were working on it but that was some time ago. Any word if anyone in the US has yet?
I think you mean a bench unlock of your DME. Still looking like no one is doing it stateside as of yet. There are (were?) a couple of tuners out there claiming to do it here, but I think a majority of us think (and I certainly do) that they’re just sending them to femtoevo who I believe is in Finland now; so at least they don’t have to go all the way to Russia.

You could always go with a piggyback. I’ve been very happily running a RaceChip GTS Black on two F90s now for mid 40Ks miles combined.
      09-12-2023, 11:42 AM   #3
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
I think you mean a bench unlock of your DME. Still looking like no one is doing it stateside as of yet. There are (were?) a couple of tuners out there claiming to do it here, but I think a majority of us think (and I certainly do) that they’re just sending them to femtoevo who I believe is in Finland now; so at least they don’t have to go all the way to Russia.

You could always go with a piggyback. I’ve been very happily running a RaceChip GTS Black on two F90s now for mid 40Ks miles combined.
Yes, thank you, that is exactly what I meant, unlock of the DME. I haven't done enough research on piggybacks yet, need to deep dive those.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2023, 02:39 PM   #4
MIM5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Are you referring to Carbahn working on an unlock or dinan themselves? Because the carbahn unlock is just them working with the actual bmw dealers to remove your dme and having it shipped to femto for an unlock.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2023, 03:27 PM   #5
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, thank you, that is exactly what I meant, unlock of the DME. I haven't done enough research on piggybacks yet, need to deep dive those.
You’re welcome!

I’ve been extremely satisfied with RaceChip and recommend it to anyone who asks.

Reach out to Ben @ r33_RGSport. He’ll answer all of your questions honestly and get it to you in a timely manner!
omgmike359.00
      09-27-2023, 09:14 PM   #6
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You’re welcome!

I’ve been extremely satisfied with RaceChip and recommend it to anyone who asks.

Reach out to Ben @ r33_RGSport. He’ll answer all of your questions honestly and get it to you in a timely manner!
Definitely will do! Super busy right now between work and trying to get my dad's estate wrapped up, so hoping for things to slow down somewhat after Thanksgiving and I'll be able to dedicate the proper time/research to this.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      09-27-2023, 09:16 PM   #7
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIM5 View Post
Are you referring to Carbahn working on an unlock or dinan themselves? Because the carbahn unlock is just them working with the actual bmw dealers to remove your dme and having it shipped to femto for an unlock.
When I posted this I had in mind Dinan because they made clear to mention they were working on it when they released their pre-LCI F90 tunes, but really it doesn't matter who so long as they're reputable. I was just curious as I hadn't seen anything posted about it one way or the other in a pretty long time now.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 11:33 PM   #8
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Definitely will do! Super busy right now between work and trying to get my dad's estate wrapped up, so hoping for things to slow down somewhat after Thanksgiving and I'll be able to dedicate the proper time/research to this.

Thanks!!
You’re welcome!

My sincere condolences once again for the loss of your father.
      09-28-2023, 12:09 AM   #9
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You’re welcome!

My sincere condolences once again for the loss of your father.
Thank you, sir. I very much appreciate it. I'm grateful that he was around for 46 years of my life and as much as I wish he were still here, I know the time I had with him is so much more than so many others have with theirs. For that, I am eternally grateful.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2023, 12:44 AM   #10
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you, sir. I very much appreciate it. I'm grateful that he was around for 46 years of my life and as much as I wish he were still here, I know the time I had with him is so much more than so many others have with theirs. For that, I am eternally grateful.
You’re welcome.

Wise words and well said.

Perhaps a little reminder to each of us to enjoy our families just a little bit more each day.
      09-28-2023, 05:50 PM   #11
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You’re welcome.

Wise words and well said.

Perhaps a little reminder to each of us to enjoy our families just a little bit more each day.
Indeed, my friend, indeed. Its so easy to get wrapped up in your day to day life that its easy to forget, as Goethe said, "Nothing is worth more than this day."

Hug your loved ones, tell them you love them, because they may not be there tomorrow. I didn't get to say goodbye to my Dad, and that is what hurts the most.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2023, 08:39 PM   #12
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Indeed, my friend, indeed. Its so easy to get wrapped up in your day to day life that its easy to forget, as Goethe said, "Nothing is worth more than this day."

Hug your loved ones, tell them you love them, because they may not be there tomorrow. I didn't get to say goodbye to my Dad, and that is what hurts the most.
That just pours salt in the wound. So sorry to hear that. You sound like a great son, and I’m sure he knows you loved him very much.