BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    M5 carbon fiber engine cover pricing discrepancies

02-15-2023, 06:13 AM   #23
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
If you look at your list of parts, one item, says, “Carbon fiber, front splitters”

On my order form, it says “Z17 MPP Carbon Fiber Frnt Splitter $3,005”

Help me understand this. I’m assuming, and this had better be the case, that front splitter also includes the front lip in one big kit? In other words, it’s going to cover the entire bottom of the front of the car? It had better for $3000. Lol. I thought splitters were just on the sides of the front of the car. Correct me here please. Educate me.
Yes you are being priced the 3 piece set. I had the same initial confusion on my order.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      02-15-2023, 06:14 AM   #24
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
Yes you are being priced the 3 piece set. I had the same initial confusion on my order.
Thank you brother. I appreciate you setting me straight on that. I thought that was the case but better to hear it from someone that knows for sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 07:49 AM   #25
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
If you look at your list of parts, one item, says, “Carbon fiber, front splitters”

On my order form, it says “Z17 MPP Carbon Fiber Frnt Splitter $3,005”

Help me understand this. I’m assuming, and this had better be the case, that front splitter also includes the front lip in one big kit? In other words, it’s going to cover the entire bottom of the front of the car? It had better for $3000. Lol. I thought splitters were just on the sides of the front of the car. Correct me here please. Educate me.
It's the same thing and yes it's the 3 pieces, middle and sides. If you look at mygarage.bmw.com this is how it lists your options, different from your actual build sheet. So just different naming.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      02-15-2023, 09:34 AM   #26
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
It's the same thing and yes it's the 3 pieces, middle and sides. If you look at mygarage.bmw.com this is how it lists your options, different from your actual build sheet. So just different naming.
I appreciate you guys. I just don’t wanna get the car in a couple of weeks and have pieces be missing. I want that day to be a special day not me being pissed off.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 09:46 AM   #27
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Quote:
I appreciate you guys. I just don’t wanna get the car in a couple of weeks and have pieces be missing. I want that day to be a special day not me being pissed off.
I'm very, very picky and notice the smallest defects. I kept looking at mine on delivery and could literally not find a single mar or cock-up. I figured surely even with the stuff installed at port, there would be some scuff or mark on the plastic, upholstery, missing option.. anything. I'm sure there are some... somewhere... but I haven't seen them yet. And the car won't be like that forever anyway. Things will happen eventually, just hopefully later rather than sooner.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 09:49 AM   #28
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
I'm very, very picky and notice the smallest defects. I kept looking at mine on delivery and could literally not find a single mar or cock-up. I figured surely even with the stuff installed at port, there would be some scuff or mark on the plastic, upholstery, missing option.. anything. I'm sure there are some... somewhere... but I haven't seen them yet. And the car won't be like that forever anyway. Things will happen eventually, just hopefully later rather than sooner.
That’s great to know. My car should be in Brunswick Georgia, I’m guessing by the 25th of this month. I’m guessing that because it will be pulling into Baltimore on the 22nd. I hope it’s not stuck in the port for two weeks like my last BMW was. Either way my car is smack dab in the middle of the Atlantic ocean as I type this.
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1301.50