BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    RW Carbon vs Bimmerplug

02-10-2023, 10:11 AM   #1
GriggsyG22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BSM M5C w/ 813m's

RW Carbon vs Bimmerplug

Who's bought from either of or both of these places and what was your experience with them?

Just trying to gather info on both for when I'm ready to buy some extra carbon bits. For the LCI.

As is I'm wanting to spend around $8,000 between carbon add-ons, catback, springs and intake and some other minor details in-due time. However I'm starting a new online venture right now and don't have the time and really don't want to dump money into unnecessary things until this business is off the ground and making $$$
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 10:57 AM   #2
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
I've spent a few grand with RW Carbon and it's been average, recently just installed the CS Spoiler and the fitment was not 100%. Their CS is okay, I left messages for Corey about an install question, never called me back and told him that when I finally got him live and no apology, the CF gear trim is excellent, and so are the CF paddles (drop shipped from Autotecknic), the steering wheel trim is not perfect either, limited the use of the horn which requires a harder push. I am about 60 days+ and still waiting for my full DTM diffusor from RW as it was back-ordered. I had asked about a CF front lip and their CS never replied to me again, they make you work to spend money with them, lol.

Last night I did order the Autotecknic CF interior trim from Emnotek, it was cheaper and free shipping compared to getting it from Autotecknic directly where they will go in dry with their shipping cost

I think a lot of the CF parts are made by Autotecknic and rebranded by others.

As for Bimmerplug, no comment- if you search you will find your answer.

Here are a few ones I did recently: https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1991370

Last edited by NoMods; 02-10-2023 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2023, 11:42 AM   #3
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 m3/20 x5m/23 m3

I'm quite happy with my RW parts. Bimmerplug is drop shipping straight from China so good luck with that. Read their terms and conditions for a laugh lol
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2023, 12:03 PM   #4
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post
I've spent a few grand with RW Carbon and it's been average, recently just installed the CS Spoiler and the fitment was not 100%. Their CS is okay, I left messages for Corey about an install question, never called me back and told him that when I finally got him live and no apology, the CF gear trim is excellent, and so are the CF paddles (drop shipped from Autotecknic), the steering wheel trim is not perfect either, limited the use of the horn which requires a harder push. I am about 60 days+ and still waiting for my full DTM diffusor from RW as it was back-ordered. I had asked about a CF front lip and their CS never replied to me again, they make you work to spend money with them, lol.

Last night I did order the Autotecknic CF interior trim from Emnotek, it was cheaper and free shipping compared to getting it from Autotecknic directly where they will go in dry with their shipping cost

I think a lot of the CF parts are made by Autotecknic and rebranded by others.

As for Bimmerplug, no comment- if you search you will find your answer.

Here are a few ones I did recently: https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1991370
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriggsyG22 View Post
Who's bought from either of or both of these places and what was your experience with them?

Just trying to gather info on both for when I'm ready to buy some extra carbon bits. For the LCI.

As is I'm wanting to spend around $8,000 between carbon add-ons, catback, springs and intake and some other minor details in-due time. However I'm starting a new online venture right now and don't have the time and really don't want to dump money into unnecessary things until this business is off the ground and making $$$
No experience with RW, but Bimmerplug should be completely avoided as other have mentioned.
      02-10-2023, 12:50 PM   #5
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
No experience with RW, but Bimmerplug should be completely avoided as other have mentioned.
https://youtu.be/Hja1Wl85NXs
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2023, 01:46 AM   #6
EM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
I’m a happy RW customer here. My fitment on their products (CS wing and diffuser) looks pretty good to me. Would order from them again.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2023, 06:55 AM   #7
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

RW and Emnotek have both done me good! I’ve heard horror stories about Bimmerplug. And for the love of all that’s holy, stay far away from Mode Carbon whatever you do! They are on a whole different level of horrible!
Appreciate 1