BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Carbon Fiber Door Handle Covers

01-22-2023, 07:17 AM   #1
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Carbon Fiber Door Handle Covers

Anyone have these? Pics? Any interference with comfort access?

https://autotecknic.com/products/aut...rim-set-f90-m5

My ride is black and I have a lot of CF already including side skirts, mirrors and fender gills (both pieces). So debating if this would compliment or overdo it. . .
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 11:15 AM   #2
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
Anyone have these? Pics? Any interference with comfort access?

https://autotecknic.com/products/aut...rim-set-f90-m5

My ride is black and I have a lot of CF already including side skirts, mirrors and fender gills (both pieces). So debating if this would compliment or overdo it. . .
While I have no CF whatsoever on my M5, another one of my cars has every single CF piece available on it, so it's not like I hate CF. IMO, this is overdoing it.

I think the level of CF on your car is perfect and these are overkill a bit. They are obviously genuine CF, but they look like they cam from eBay.

Tone is hard to convey in the internet sometimes. I don't mean to come across as harsh — I just think your car is perfect as is!
      01-22-2023, 03:10 PM   #3
NCRob
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
While I have no CF whatsoever on my M5, another one of my cars has every single CF piece available on it, so it's not like I hate CF. IMO, this is overdoing it.

I think the level of CF on your car is perfect and these are overkill a bit. They are obviously genuine CF, but they look like they cam from eBay.

Tone is hard to convey in the internet sometimes. I don't mean to come across as harsh — I just think your car is perfect as is!
That’s exactly what I’m looking for, Honest Feedback! Lord knows I can’t be trusted myself to know when enough is enough.
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2023, 03:40 PM   #4
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

That’s exactly what I’m looking for, Honest Feedback! Lord knows I can’t be trusted myself to know when enough is enough.
Awesome then!

I personally think (exterior) CF is definitely at home anywhere it's a true aero piece; lips, diffusers, spoilers, side skirts, even grilles and mirror caps even though they're not aero and on the M5 with a CF roof, though also not truly aero, I could even be good the shark fin cover.

Your car looks so put together based on your most recent photos. Any updates since those?
      01-22-2023, 03:59 PM   #5
NCRob
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Awesome then!

I personally think (exterior) CF is definitely at home anywhere it's a true aero piece; lips, diffusers, spoilers, side skirts, even grilles and mirror caps even though they're not aero and on the M5 with a CF roof, though also not truly aero, I could even be good the shark fin cover.

Your car looks so put together based on your most recent photos. Any updates since those?
Yeah I need to get some pics up since I've added some stuff and after I put the CF grill & air ducts in this week sometime. Funny, I actually would have never done the mirror covers myself but they came OEM on it from original owner. Thought about the antenna too but kinda like the black contrast on roof.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 05:48 PM   #6
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Awesome then!

Yeah I need to get some pics up since I've added some stuff and after I put the CF grill & air ducts in this week sometime. Funny, I actually would have never done the mirror covers myself but they came OEM on it from original owner. Thought about the antenna too but kinda like the black contrast on roof.
Let. Us. See!
      01-24-2023, 07:21 PM   #7
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
that is approaching Honda Civic with a fart can muffler look
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 07:02 AM   #8
NCRob
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Let. Us. See!
OK, some pics after installing my carbon fiber grill surrounds yesterday.( Gotta love that one white piece of lint that snuck its way into the photo!) For those interested, my roundels and wheel centers were from Etsy solid black and I just stuck some cf stickers on the recesses. Actually holding up nicely now for a couple months. I haven’t bothered yet tucking the tail pipes in some as even though they are too far out, doesn’t look quite as bad with the new diffuser. Likely will though next time car goes on rack. Also, I have a KW lower kit I might install spring when I get summer set up but not sure it even will need it? Unseen are MAD secondary, racechip,Dinan turbo inlets, autotechnik air scoops. Also, gotta say that despite the controversy on those rear cf fender extenders, I really love them!

(Why do we redact our license plates?)
Attached Images

Last edited by NCRob; 01-29-2023 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2023, 08:13 AM   #9
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
OK, some pics after installing my carbon fiber grill surrounds yesterday.( Gotta love that one white piece of lint that snuck its way into the photo!) For those interested, my roundels and wheel centers were from Etsy solid black and I just stuck some cf stickers on the recesses. Actually holding up nicely now for a couple months. I haven’t bothered yet tucking the tail pipes in some as even though they are too far out, doesn’t look quite as bad with the new diffuser. Likely will though next time car goes on rack. Also, I have a KW lower kit I might install spring when I get summer set up but not sure it even will need it? Unseen are MAD secondary, racechip,Dinan turbo inlets, autotechnik air scoops. Also, gotta say that despite the controversy on those rear cf fender extenders, I really love them!

I am not a big fan of carbon fiber, but it looks good on your vehicle also the blacked out rounders. If you are going to do carbon fiber, all exterior trim pieces should be carbon fiber.

Maybe license plates are covered due to fear of the license plate information being used for some nefarious reason, even though they ride around with the plates uncovered.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 10:22 AM   #10
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

WOW that front end shot! Car looks amazing.
      01-29-2023, 10:24 AM   #11
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
I am not a big fan of carbon fiber, but it looks good on your vehicle also the blacked out rounders. If you are going to do carbon fiber, all exterior trim pieces should be carbon fiber.

Maybe license plates are covered due to fear of the license plate information being used for some nefarious reason, even though they ride around with the plates uncovered.
+1 on the license plate matter. Driving around with your plate exposed is different than having it posted on the forum IMO. When you’re driving, your just one car in a sea of many. Posting it on the forum very clearly identifies who you are.