Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics keys not being recognized?

06-28-2023, 09:06 PM   #1
michael.bramblett
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Hey everyone. Before I take this to the dealer, I’m of course wanting to troubleshoot on my own. For the past 2 months my key hasn’t been recognized(Auto Unlock and lock) and starting the vehicle… if I touch the handle, works fine, but then have to start the car 3-5 times to get it to actually start and recognize. Had the batteries changed on the fob and still does it occasionally. Took my spare and paired it with my profile today and still did it but required me to actually put the fob against the area in the column to start both times. The keys are being recognized to a certain point (my driver profile comes up and isn’t locked when I get in) but it’s mind boggling.. heavy coding has been done to the car, yes, but haven’t changed comfort access or Ecus in that area nor had any problems until recently with the keys. Anyone else have this issue? Seems to happen more when I use remote start too.. I’m going crazy with the variables at play and the randomness yet sometimes being a constant issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 10:22 AM   #2
N1NCZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G23 M440i

Not sure this is the same, but on my 22 M440i had an issue with the Key not being recognized and the fix by the BMW techs was to "reboot" the system by disconnecting the batteries (mild hybrid) for I think 30 minutes - have not had any issues since then. So this is an easy fix attempt. - Good Luck!

Rich / N1NCZ
      06-29-2023, 10:25 AM   #3
michael.bramblett
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1NCZ View Post
Not sure this is the same, but on my 22 M440i had an issue with the Key not being recognized and the fix by the BMW techs was to "reboot" the system by disconnecting the batteries (mild hybrid) for I think 30 minutes - have not had any issues since then. So this is an easy fix attempt. - Good Luck!

Rich / N1NCZ
You know… I thought about it after I posted this… lol. I’m gonna try that today. Just weird to me but I love to over analyze… lol. Thanks!
Appreciate 0