BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Proximity access pre-LCI?

11-30-2022, 01:04 PM   #1
Desking101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Proximity access pre-LCI?

Hey guys. So while my 2019 was in the shop getting the steering column replaced, I had a 2023 430i gran coupe loaner car. One of the features I really liked was where the car would unlock automatically when you got within a few feet of it, and lock automatically when you got out and walked away after getting a few feet away from it. Is there a way to set this up with my 2019 M5 through bimmercode or something like that? I can't find it in any menus like it was on the 430i
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 07:37 PM   #2
m_fife
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desking101 View Post
Hey guys. So while my 2019 was in the shop getting the steering column replaced, I had a 2023 430i gran coupe loaner car. One of the features I really liked was where the car would unlock automatically when you got within a few feet of it, and lock automatically when you got out and walked away after getting a few feet away from it. Is there a way to set this up with my 2019 M5 through bimmercode or something like that? I can't find it in any menus like it was on the 430i
Negatory.
      12-01-2022, 09:10 PM   #3
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desking101 View Post
Agree with m_fife. My pre-LCI did not have this feature, either.

Didn't think it was a big deal at first when my LCI had it. And even now, I always double check and attempt to lock my doors from the fob even when I know the proximity locking has engaged, but I really like the extra level of security it provides.