European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

02-09-2016, 03:01 AM   #23
bris_m3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

Must be getting ripped off in Queensland. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago with metallic paint and the darker optioned wheels for only a 5% discount and that was hard work.
In hind site should have walked away, but got suckered in with the sales pitch of "we can see one at another dealer and also there is one on a ship that we could get you if you commit now". Few days later the two cars were allocated and sold. Now in the queue, but feeling pretty unimpressed.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 05:16 AM   #24
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris_m3 View Post
Must be getting ripped off in Queensland. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago with metallic paint and the darker optioned wheels for only a 5% discount and that was hard work.
In hind site should have walked away, but got suckered in with the sales pitch of "we can see one at another dealer and also there is one on a ship that we could get you if you commit now". Few days later the two cars were allocated and sold. Now in the queue, but feeling pretty unimpressed.
Name and shame mate! which dealer!?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #25
AC-S
Registered Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Oh no which dealer did this??
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 01:38 AM   #26
bris_m3
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLatte View Post
Name and shame mate! which dealer!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLatte View Post
Oh no which dealer did this??
Not keen to name the specific Brisbane dealer especially since I am still waiting to hear if I have been allocated a build, etc. But the longer this draws out the more unimpressed I am.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 05:21 AM   #27
Merli
Sunburnt Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Not keen to name the specific Brisbane dealer especially since I am still waiting to hear if I have been allocated a build, etc. But the longer this draws out the more unimpressed I am.
Can't you just cancel the order and start negotiations fresh at another dealer?

Past: 2009 Ibis White S5 (APR Supercharged V8)
Past: 2004 Imola Red M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 08:24 AM   #28
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Try Anthony at Motorline. Bought mine from him and was excellent to deal with. Deal was brilliant and great to deal with.

I actually gave up my deposit at another dealer as this deal more than made it up.
      02-17-2016, 11:45 PM   #29
bris_m3
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
Quote:
Try Anthony at Motorline. Bought mine from him and was excellent to deal with. Deal was brilliant and great to deal with.

I actually gave up my deposit at another dealer as this deal more than made it up.
Firstly, let me apologise for hijacking this thread.

I also should cool my jets as well. Yes I feel maybe there was a sales pitch to get me to hand over a not insignificant deposit, but also there could be some truth in what I was told about the two other potential vehicles. Also there may be some merit in the argument that I could have got a better discount, but that’s all part of the game isn’t it and my potential loss.

So at the moment I am looking at a March build with a May delivery, which is only 4 months of total waiting. I have waited 9 months before for a BMW, so maybe not too bad. The one positive thing about the wait is its allowed me to look into options for de-chroming the car as well as Opti-Coat and tinting (not via the dealer).

As for using Motorline, let’s just say that I have used them 'before' and had nothing but +ve things to say about them.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 07:56 PM   #30
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris_m3
Quote:
Quote:

Firstly, let me apologise for hijacking this thread.

I also should cool my jets as well. Yes I feel maybe there was a sales pitch to get me to hand over a not insignificant deposit, but also there could be some truth in what I was told about the two other potential vehicles. Also there may be some merit in the argument that I could have got a better discount, but that’s all part of the game isn’t it and my potential loss.

So at the moment I am looking at a March build with a May delivery, which is only 4 months of total waiting. I have waited 9 months before for a BMW, so maybe not too bad. The one positive thing about the wait is its allowed me to look into options for de-chroming the car as well as Opti-Coat and tinting (not via the dealer).

As for using Motorline, let’s just say that I have used them 'before' and had nothing but +ve things to say about them.
These things are all relative. What matters is that you're happy with what you're getting.

I'm keen on ridding myself of all chrome too, so let me know what you find. For the 1M I actually sent all the chrome bits to prototype lab to get water beaded so as to get matte MacBook look. I'm not a huge fan of the blacked out look and hate shiny things!

Want to remove M badges on the side and front as well but not sure what options exist there.
      02-23-2016, 05:16 AM   #31
bris_m3
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I'm keen on ridding myself of all chrome too, so let me know what you find.
I have been looking at the IND products, some of which can be had from BMR Autowerkes http://www.bmraw.com/
Appreciate 0