BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    All in on 2023

03-05-2022, 12:06 PM   #23
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moserkm View Post
Alright. So things changed again. I got offered an allocation for a 2022 and put my order in today. I'm official now, have a build order, and expected to be status 112 within the next week. Fully loaded MBB with black interior, black wheels and blue calipers. They are going to try pulling strings to get me the B&W. I also got the carbon fiber mirror caps and the side skirts. Was told 90-120 days from now. Clock is ticking!
Congratulations! Glad to hear that it all worked out. With everything thats going on I would take that time frame with grain of salt. I got myself into the mindset of when I see it I will believe it so that I don't frustrate myself with the time line.

On a separate note just curious, the B&W is off the configurator along with a bunch of colors now. So how did your CA manage to get it done/is potentially going to get it done? Did you order a car previously that they messed up like micvite s car?
Appreciate 1
KB30052.00
      03-05-2022, 03:33 PM   #24
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb2603 View Post
Congratulations! Glad to hear that it all worked out. With everything thats going on I would take that time frame with grain of salt. I got myself into the mindset of when I see it I will believe it so that I don't frustrate myself with the time line.

On a separate note just curious, the B&W is off the configurator along with a bunch of colors now. So how did your CA manage to get it done/is potentially going to get it done? Did you order a car previously that they messed up like micvite s car?
I don't think so, I think they're just trying to lobby bmw to make an exception if they have the parts for example.
Appreciate 1
Moserkm163.00
      03-05-2022, 10:50 PM   #25
Moserkm
Moserkm
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X7, '22 M5C, '21 Ram

Quote:

Evidently, the sales manager has a connection over there and they have some set aside for special situations. He said he was able to get one recently and said he try for me. He admitted it wasn’t a guarantee but he’d try. To me, that’s all I can ask for. If it works out, great. If not, it’s still an amazing car.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 12:38 AM   #26
zb2603
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i, 2022 BMW 540i

Garage List
2022 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moserkm View Post
Quote:

Evidently, the sales manager has a connection over there and they have some set aside for special situations. He said he was able to get one recently and said he try for me. He admitted it wasn’t a guarantee but he’d try. To me, that’s all I can ask for. If it works out, great. If not, it’s still an amazing car.
Lucky you dude, even if its not guaranteed its still cool that he can at least try to do it for you. My dad recently got a MY22 540i and it has Harman Kardon speakers on it and honestly its not as bad as people make it sound it to be. If I could get B&W I would definitely go for it, but regardless its not a deal breaker for me like it is for some people so either way you should be good.

What's your build week? And did you SA tell you anything in regards to the factory shut downs?
Appreciate 2
Moserkm163.00
KB30052.00
      03-06-2022, 08:35 AM   #27
Moserkm
Moserkm
Rep
Drives: ‘22 BMW X7, '22 M5C, '21 Ram

Quote:
Lucky you dude, even if its not guaranteed its still cool that he can at least try to do it for you. My dad recently got a MY22 540i and it has Harman Kardon speakers on it and honestly its not as bad as people make it sound it to be. If I could get B&W I would definitely go for it, but regardless its not a deal breaker for me like it is for some people so either way you should be good.

What's your build week? And did you SA tell you anything in regards to the factory shut downs?
They told me it was the second week of March but with the impending shutdown this week, who knows. I’m still at status 111. I asked if they had any news on it and he said he’d find out for me. That was Friday and didn’t hear anything yet. I did read lots of articles about it and supposedly, BMW is going to ramp up production of the wiring harnesses at their other facilities. That means it may not be as long a delay as previously thought. However it does concern me when workarounds happen. Hope quality doesn’t suffer. I had a buddy a while back get a new BMW 3 series shortly after they moved the wiring harness production and he had all kinds of electrical issues where turn signals turned on wipers and stuff.
Appreciate 2
      03-09-2022, 09:12 AM   #28
DealBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 540i

I currently have 1 allocation from February with the 105 status...
artyom@srnjteam.com
Instagram @duercos
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 09:33 AM   #29
brainYi
Rep
Drives: 2022 m5

I had week 9 build that finished production last week and is now in transit to port. A friend of mine that has week 10 build for 3series at Munich plant that should have gone into production already but hasn't yet. Potentially this is an indication that they have indeed ceased production this week.

My CA and BMW genius didn't have any information about the supposed factory shut down this week.
Appreciate 0